🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Hello everyone! I am new here in Upwork. Can ...
Page options
d630b255
Community Member

Hello everyone! I am new here in Upwork. Can you please teach me on how to get a client? Thank you

I have profound knowledge of Google SEO. I can optimize a website effectively and understand how Google's algorithm operates. I can easily create relevant keywords to increase the visibility and traffic of websites.

and also I can provide administrative and technical support to clients who use Amazon's suite of products and services. This may include tasks such as managing Amazon seller accounts, optimizing product listings, conducting market research, and analyzing sales data. As an Amazon Virtual Assistant, I know about Amazon's policies, procedures, and tools, and I will be able to effectively communicate with clients to understand their needs and deliver results.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hello! Welcome to Upwork. Here are some tips that can help you get clients:

1. Complete your profile: Make sure that your Upwork profile is complete and professional-looking. Highlight your skills and experience, including your proficiency in Google SEO and your expertise as an Amazon Virtual Assistant. Use keywords that potential clients may search for when looking for someone with your skills.
  2. Apply for relevant jobs: Look for jobs that match your skills and experience, and send proposals that are tailored to each job posting. Show potential clients how you can help them achieve their goals, whether it's optimizing their website for search engines or providing administrative and technical support for their Amazon business.
  3. Showcase your expertise: Use your profile, portfolio, and proposals to showcase your expertise in Google SEO and Amazon Virtual Assistance. Provide examples of successful projects you have completed and explain how you can help clients achieve similar results.
  4. Be proactive: Reach out to potential clients and offer your services. You can do this by sending personalized messages to clients whose job postings interest you or by joining relevant groups and communities on Upwork.
  5. Build your reputation: Once you start working with clients, make sure you deliver high-quality work and provide excellent customer service. This will help you build a good reputation on Upwork, and clients may recommend you to others or hire you for future projects.

Remember, it's important to be patient and persistent when trying to get clients on Upwork. Keep applying and improving your skills, and eventually, you will find success. Best of luck to you!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hello! Welcome to Upwork. Here are some tips that can help you get clients:

1. Complete your profile: Make sure that your Upwork profile is complete and professional-looking. Highlight your skills and experience, including your proficiency in Google SEO and your expertise as an Amazon Virtual Assistant. Use keywords that potential clients may search for when looking for someone with your skills.
  2. Apply for relevant jobs: Look for jobs that match your skills and experience, and send proposals that are tailored to each job posting. Show potential clients how you can help them achieve their goals, whether it's optimizing their website for search engines or providing administrative and technical support for their Amazon business.
  3. Showcase your expertise: Use your profile, portfolio, and proposals to showcase your expertise in Google SEO and Amazon Virtual Assistance. Provide examples of successful projects you have completed and explain how you can help clients achieve similar results.
  4. Be proactive: Reach out to potential clients and offer your services. You can do this by sending personalized messages to clients whose job postings interest you or by joining relevant groups and communities on Upwork.
  5. Build your reputation: Once you start working with clients, make sure you deliver high-quality work and provide excellent customer service. This will help you build a good reputation on Upwork, and clients may recommend you to others or hire you for future projects.

Remember, it's important to be patient and persistent when trying to get clients on Upwork. Keep applying and improving your skills, and eventually, you will find success. Best of luck to you!

hi there, how can one send  personalized messages to clients whose job postings are of interest.

To send a personalized message to a client whose job posting is of interest to you, follow these steps:

1. Go to the job posting: Click on the job posting that you are interested in, and read through the job description and requirements.
  2. Click on the client's name: Click on the client's name to access their profile.
  3. Click on the "Send a Proposal" button: On the client's profile, click on the "Send a Proposal" button to open the proposal form.
  4. Write a personalized message: In the proposal form, there is a section for you to write your message to the client. Use this section to introduce yourself, explain why you are interested in the job, and how your skills and experiences can help the client achieve their goals. Make sure to address the client by their name and be specific in your proposal.
  5. Customize your proposal: Customize the rest of your proposal to match the client's job requirements. Explain how you can meet their needs, provide relevant samples of your work, and set a competitive price.
  6. Review and submit your proposal: Review your proposal for any errors or typos, and then click the "Submit Proposal" button to send it to the client.

Remember, a personalized message can help you stand out from other applicants and increase your chances of getting hired. Make sure to tailor your message to the client's needs and explain how you can add value to their project.

Hello,

I understand that you are new to freelancing and eager to gain experience, but it is not appropriate to ask for work without any payment. As a freelancer, your time and skills are valuable, and you should be compensated for your work. It is important to establish a fair rate for your services and communicate this clearly to potential clients.

Instead of asking for work without payment, I would suggest focusing on building your portfolio and applying for jobs that match your skills and experiences. You can also consider offering a discounted rate for your first few clients to build your reputation and gain more experience.

Remember to showcase your skills and experiences in your profile, and tailor your proposals to the specific job requirements of each client. Keep in mind that building a successful freelance career takes time and effort, but with persistence and dedication, you can achieve your goals.

Good luck!

i am very thankful to you sir

Thank youu

Thank you for sharing. Bless your generous heart.

alexislc
Community Member

Hi, Syed!

Not an SEO expert. Just want to appreciate you for asking for suggestions and guidance on getting clients. What you're doing is actually one of the steps on getting clients. Always be open to suggestions/help because it will help you improve and will help you assess yourself and your skills. Also, aside from expertise, always be patient and never stop trying. You'll get there. You'll win clients, for sure! 

alexislc
Community Member

You have the knowledge and skills. Now, you can also apply the free things you already have. First be resourceful, visit free online freelancers group or community and ask for tips and advises just like here. Second, be patient. It takes time but it will be worth it. Third, hardwork. Never give up and keep on submitting proposals. 🧡