🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank code
Page options
lilita35
Community Member

Bank code

Hi guys,

I am so concerned as I just received an email from upwork saying that I should update my current payment method, which is local bank transfer. It says that I should input my bank code, I called my bank (which is the biggest bank here in Colombia, Bancolombia) and they say they do not have any bank code, they only have swift code which is the one I have been using all these years...I am so concerned about this update, I fear not being able to get my money...any advise or any Colombian colleague who is in the same position? Thank you!

Liliana
129 REPLIES 129
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liliana, 

The Bank Code should be the first four letters of the bank's swift code. For example, the SWIFT Code of the Columbia State Bank is COLBUS66XXX, COLB is the institution / bank code assigned to COLUMBIA STATE BANK. For Bancolombia, please try the first four letters of their SWIFT Code which is COLO. Let me know if the issue persists, and I will gladly look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
danychj
Community Member

Hi!! Same problem here, yes the problem persist cuz apparently it has to be a number it says COLO is invalid format.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniela,

Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with number 26936170 with any additional questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Could you please also provide Bank Code for Thailand?  The SWIFT code does not contain any digits, only alphabets.  

Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hanseth,

Please try using this code 004 number. If you receive any errors on your end please share the error message with me. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! could you please provide me with the 3 digit code of banco estado? I live in chile and i can't find that code anywhere. I need help. 

Hi! I'm afraid I don't have it. Best bet would be to give them a call...
Buena suerte!

Hello Adriana,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Kudos,

I think it is mentioned on the backside of your debit card along with your signature.

Regards

Dhammika

hi, I can't access the link for some reason...

Hi Hanseth,

I'm on the same boat. I'm waiting for Upwork to reply to my inquiry. Have they resolved yours?

Marc

Hi Marc, 

I'll go ahead and follow up on your support ticket so that the team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
himakarpv
Community Member
lilita35
Community Member

Yes, I do not know what to do, I just opened a ticket but I am so concerned about this, I input the code COLO which should be my bank code and indeed says invalid format.
lilita35
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer and help, however it did not work, I input COLO which should be my bank code and it says invalid format, it seems it must be a numeric code and I called again my bank and they say the same, they do not work nor have bank code, only swift code...not sure what to do about this 🙁
cmag84
Community Member

Hi, This is the message I got from the platform when I tried your suggestion, Can you help us with a different approach, our bank doesn't have another code to ask for.

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-01 a las 10.44.12 a.m..png

lilita35
Community Member

Hey Avery,

Thanks for your answer and advice, however, it did not work as it seems to be a 4 digit numeric code, when I input COLO it says invalid format...not sure what I am going to do, I have called the bank and they say they can only provide the swift code, they do not have bank code and they will not have it only for us 😞

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I did this and didn't work. My Nigerian bank said they don't know about Codes. I don't know what else to do. Please help

Hi McDonald,

Could you share your bank name with me via PM so that I can check the details and assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My Bank name is Zenith Bank PLC Nigeria

Hi McDonald,

Could you please try using the 057 as your bank code?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My Bank is Union Bank and the code I'm seeing online is XXX and upwork is saying invalid format. Please I need an assistant.
c0347137
Community Member

Hello,

I looked up zenith bank bank code online and it was 966. I inputted it and my funds got delivered the first time to my bank account in Nigeria. Got another payment the next day, and sent it to my local bank, but the next day, got email that my payment been declined and paused. Why did it happen such way?

Hi Ugochukwu,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cmag84
Community Member

Hi Liliana, same problem here and also no solution from Bancolombia, they only have the swift code and a 007 code that doesn't work.

lilita35
Community Member

No Bancolombia will not offer any solution, they will not work nor create a bank code only for us, it is clear that they do not have bank number so what are we going to do?

THE BANK CODE OF BANCOLOMBIA IS 07, BUT UPWORK DOESN'T ALLOW 2 NUMBERS, SO I WROTE, 0007 AND IT WORKED.

cmag84
Community Member

The correct code for BANCOLOMBIA is 1007
grissolle
Community Member

where did you find it? why 1? in the bank's website i says that the code is 07

cmag84
Community Member

The Upwork support gave us the code.
grissolle
Community Member

Thank you veru much
andresron
Community Member

So,  the Bancolombia code is 1007? right?

YES SIR!

Thank you!!!!

Hi Angelica,

I had to remove your first comment on this thread as it was against our Community Guidelines. I wanted to make sure you found the information you were looking for though. Please, let us know if you still need assistance with locating your bank code.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My bank is Union Bank of Nigeria. The Bank code I'm seeing online is XXX and Upwork is saying invalid format.

Hi Rasaki,

To learn more about Bank codes, check out this Help Article. If your code is not listed here, I would recommend to reach out to your bank and make sure that you have the correct code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lilita35
Community Member

Camilo the system asks for a 4 digit numeric code, which obviously does not fit the 007 code they gave you...also tried and got the same. I have opened a ticket because if this is not sorted I do not know what to do..I do not like Payoneer and not sure of any other payment method for us here in Colombia.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths