🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name mismatch
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Mevlüt A Community Member

Hi guys
I live in Turkey. While the Upwork account name accepts letters such as ü-ğ-ç, the name in the bank account section that I entered does not accept these letters. Therefore, the name did not match, so it went through the verification, but this verification has been going on for almost 1 month. Is there anyone who can help me?

Please review the attached picture.

I used translate while writing this. Sorry for the typos.

upworksorun.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Mevlüt,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Mevlüt A Community Member

Thanks for your interested
Ngwa E Community Member

Hello!

I got "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my PayPal account and Upwork accounts are the same. Please, what do I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ngwa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Kavindi F Community Member

Hi i get the same notice although i've been withdrawing money from the account since i started Upwork. Please help it's been 3 days

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Kavindi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Bon Jovi M Community Member

i have the same issue

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Bon Jovi,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Tatiana C Community Member

My name is Tatiana  **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I have the same problem, I already received my first payment and I have not asked to transfer my money to PayPal.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Tatiana,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Jennifer O Community Member

i have the exact problem!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jennifer,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Petr M Community Member

I have a problem with PayPal Payment method verification

On my PayPal account my first and last name are in cyrilic letters: Мязин Петр Витальевич

But Upwork only allows english letters in name, so I am "Myazin Petr"

So I've got an error: "The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required."

Can you help to solve it?

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Petr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Elena P Community Member

Hi,

I've got the same problem with cyrillic letters in my PayPal account.

Hi Elena,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Andres S Community Member

Both of my names are the same on my Paypal  and Upwork account,  i use the same email and have waited for more than a month  and still nothing, i want to withdraw the money that i have earn, but still the same message:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hope you can help me.
thank you
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Andres,

I checked and it looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please check your ticket and follow the instructions provided by our team to approve the payment method. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Sudip K Community Member

Hi there,

The name I use in my bank account is " Sudip K.C.  " 

I have been using Sudip KC on Upwork.  When I tried to transfer funds to the bank, I got an email later saying Invalid Beneficiary name. It must be due to the punctuation mismatch. What should I do now? Should I change my Upwork name to Sudip K.C.  and try to get paid? Will it work? Kindly guide me through this, please.

Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sudip and Behnam.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sudip K Community Member

One of the members from the Upwork support team told me it would work if I change my Upwork profile name to the one in the bank account. It hasn't worked at all.   I know it's the punctuation problem in my name- "Sudip K.C."  But I am unable to get help from neither the bank nor the Upwork team. I have tried to transfer funds three times but it has failed all the time. Can anyone from the support team help me personally and point out where the problem is? Thanks.

P.S. I have just contacted my bank and they said they can't put the name with punctuation. So the name on my bank is "Sudip KC"  On the other hand the name on my government ID is "Sudip K.C. " I have just read that the Upwork support team can solve this problem manually.  Can you please help me with this?

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Sudip,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket. Please allow a bit more time for the team to review your account and follow up with you accordingly. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Srushti A Community Member

My upwork account name that is my legal name is Srushti **Edited for Community Guidelines** while my bank account name is ATS THREE. If I update my profile name then there is identity verification problem and if I don't change the name then beneficiary name mismatch problem in Direct to Local Bank setup. 

What should I do.. Any kind of help will be greatful.

Regards,

Srushti **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Srushti,

Please refer to the email our team sent you a couple of hours ago regarding the name mismatch of your payment method and follow up on the link to upload the necessary documents.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members