🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have received an email telling me my name i...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Levy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
suas-rios
Community Member

The same thing happens to me, I need help verifying my ID

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susana,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
alankslau
Community Member

Hi

In my freelance account, I am trying to setup the bank account to be paid. As a freelancer, I operate as a limited company, so my bank account name is my business name and not my personal name. After adding the company account, it was rejected by Upwork. I need help to arrange the payment account to be under my company name, but not able to connect to any live agent.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar

parkergbeverly
Community Member

Hi, 

I have a quick question regarding the PayPal payment method.  I have set this up for my account but I received a notification that it was not working due to the account name being different than the one associated with my Upwork account.  I have a joint account with my mother on PayPal so it is under her name, however, it also is used by me.  Is there a way to have this fixed since this is my PayPal account as well? 

Thanks!

Hi Parker,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
followmaiko
Community Member

Hi Valeria

Can someone please contact me directly about a query I have related to my account name. I don’t want to post my specific question in a forum. Thank you

Hi Emma Maiko,

You can request help by clicking on the question mark icon located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button to see more support options.

We would also be happy to help you here! If your question involves private information, like your full name, please feel free to send me a PM.
~Andrea
Upwork

Hi

Thank you for the email. My client has released payment but I have a message saying my 'payment method has been deactivated'. My verified ID name is different from my bank account name. This is because I have my married name on my bank account but not on the ID I chose to provide. How can I provide additional ID to prove that the names are both mine and would this be enough for the money to be released to me?

Kind regards

Emma

Thanks for following up, Emma Maiko! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mohsin2786
Community Member

My government id is verified, virtual verification is also approved but when I am trying to Get Paid it’s showing name mismatch. But name on government id is same as added in payment method. Please get it resolved ASAP.

Why upwork doesn’t allow me to create support ticket directly. How can upwork expect to post account related queries on community forum?

Hi Mohsin,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
r00manss
Community Member

Hello , i can't add my paypal account , becouse the name of beneficiary it's written in Russian . Please help 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roman,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed and we'll reach out to you directly if any further information is needed to approve it.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
surfnukumoi
Community Member

Hi, 

Ive been trying to pay myself but cannot do so. My info hasn't changed and just went through account verification. Please help. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Genevieve H wrote:

Hi, 

Ive been trying to pay myself but cannot do so. My info hasn't changed and just went through account verification. Please help. 

Pay yourself? What do you mean?

Hi Genevieve,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
nagendra-b
Community Member

I'm trying to add my company bank account to the payment method, I did this weeks ago and till now no one from the team has contacted me to verify the information.

I'm part owner of the company.

Hi Nagendra,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.,

~ Joanne
Upwork
libbyvaughan
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to request help from Support. My legal first name is Elisabeth, but I go by Libby in all facets of my personal and professional life including my graphic design work. I do not want to go by Elisabeth on Upwork, but I can't link my bank account. Can I please get approved to use Libby?

Hi Libby,

I checked with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

You can Go to Settings › Contact Info to edit your name. Please know that to set up a payment method, your verified name in Upwork must match the name on your payment account.

You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
rehannamekkawy
Community Member

Hi.. why I can't get paid because name mismatch ! While I checked several times and it's the same exact name on Paypal

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Anyone can help me plz???

Hi Rehab,

I checked and it seems that one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pagePlease consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mallikaseth
Community Member

There seems to be an error in my payment method. After adding my bank account details, it says beneficiary name is mismatched however I have checked and everything seems fine. There's isn't any difference in the name on Upwork and that of my bank account. 
Please could someone help as I am trying to rectify this since more than a week now.

Thanks!

Hi Mallika,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey!
I have checked and the issue persists, could you please let me know what to do here now?

Hi Malika,

I checked your account, and I am no longer seeing the mismatch error you mentioned. Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies?

~ Joanne
Upwork
code_easily
Community Member

hi community,

My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name dismatch. i have checked it there is no dismatch what i will do know.

i have a problem in the payment method ut teells me that the paypal account has different name i tried to solve it but it didnt work.please can any one help me.

Hi Mohammed,

I checked and can see that you removed the payment method from your account. You will need to add the payment method again and if you get the same message, please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luigi,
Thank you it worked but another problem appeared it tells that I'm unable to complete my transaction

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your message. If you are getting that error while trying to initiate withdrawal on your newly added payment method then you will have to wait for the payment method to get active. It may take up to 3 days for your payment method to get active on your account.

Thank you

Pradeep.

Upwork

Good Day

I have had the issue where supposedly there is a mismatch between my display name and that on my bank account. However the details are exactly the same.

The only issue I could see is that the name on my account has the initial for my second name (M) between my first and last name.

How can I resolve this?

Regards,
James B

Hi James,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you

c84280d2
Community Member

I have received an email telling me my name is not valid as it is does not match my Bank account. My upwork name is the most common shortened version of my bank account name; Joe/Joseph.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members