🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Yue Z Community Member

The system says Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the payee name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
My name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Yue but the English name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, so I can't use my bank account properly.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Yue,

I checked with the team and the name mismatch was already resolved. Please allow 3 days for your payment method to become active. If there's anything else you need help with, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Sameera S Community Member

Thank You 

I have add USA back account that also show name not correct could please let me know what i need to do 

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Sameera,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Jaime Andres P Community Member

My name on my PayPal account is the shortened version of my name. Upwork is not allowing me to use my PayPal account. My PayPal is under Jaime **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help me resolve this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jaime,

I checked and it looks like you already created this support ticket regarding your name mismatch. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have added payoneer usa bank account but its says my name not correct with account but i have put correct name. could please help me to fix this issue 

Thank you 

sameera 

Sidapara Ketanbhai R Community Member

*Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been
deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not
match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for
additional information.*
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ketanbhai,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola

I put correct name on my profile but still issue is there. I have open supporing ticket for this issue but still not respons from them also 

Bojan S Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Sameera.

I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jelena P Community Member

Hello!
Can I request for a review to verify name mismatches? I added my payment details (bank and paypal) and both say that the beneficiary name is mismatched even though I'm using the same name. I tried updating the name but it didn't work.

Hi Jelena,

It looks like you've added your payment methods just recently. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Zia B Community Member

How do I get to talk to someone from upwork to verify that my Upwork acconnt name is my Nickname, but my bank payment info is legal name? 

The chat is dead no humans, the phone number goes to voicemail. 

Hi Zia,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Lam C Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match . i don't know why 😞 . Can anyone help me pleaseeeee

Hi Lam,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Irina G Community Member

Hi Aleksandar,

My PayPal account name "doesn`t match my Upwork name", even though it is the same name, but in PayPal it is written in Russian.

May I send a screenshort of my Home page in PayPal with matching address & e-mail to prove, that it`s me? Or I have to change  the name there change to Latin?(

Thank you

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Irina,

To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. Be sure that your profile name matches the name on your PayPal account.

You can find more information here:

Once you add your PayPal account you need to allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

~ Nikola
Irina G Community Member

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for your answer.

But:

1. 48 hours have passed and I still don`t know what to do.

2. I`ve got the same name here and on PayPal. It may be stupid, but  it didn’t occur to me that different alphabets might be the reason for the mismatch . 

3. The links do not help - I`m neither using a common name variation, nor a company bank account, and I`m not a transgender individual at all.

The question is: what should I do to match my real name on PayPal in Russian and here in English?

Thanks a lot

Irina

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Irina,

Thank you for following up. I checked with the team handling your case and it looks like you did not receive a notification about name mismatch because you removed your PayPal account from your Upwork profile. 

Please try adding your PayPal account again and our team will review your case and will reach out to you if needed.  

~ Nikola
Irina G Community Member

Oh, Nicola, thanks a lot!

I`ve tried again and got the same answer: our PayPal has been added Name on PayPal does not match your name.

Looking forward to smth positive)

Irina G Community Member

Hi Nicola,

It wasn`t me, who removed my PayPal account from my Upwork profile. 

Look, what I`ve got once again: Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
((((
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Irina,

I checked and it looks like the beneficiary name mismatch notification is now removed from your profile and your name is approved. For your security, please allow 3 days for this withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members