๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
Sandra Angela M Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If itโ€™s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Raaid,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Your name change was approved and the name mismatch on your payment method resolved. You just need to allow 3 days for the withdrawal method to become active. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Dennell Grace P B Community Member

Hi! Iโ€™m getting the same error. Please help.
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Dennell, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you recently added a payment method to your account.  Please know that it takes about 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. Theyโ€™ll tell you if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Dennell Grace P B Community Member

May I know if my bank details are correct? Coz Iโ€™m not sure why itโ€™s
showing as mismatched.

I'm sorry, but I will not be able to confirm that information, Dennell, because this information is encrypted. 

Please know that this is a standard process and should be resolved after 48 hours. If there are issues, you will receive an email support ticket with more information. 

Hopefully, there will be no issues once the review is complete. 

~ Avery
Kalpesh B Community Member

I am having similar problem , after I have setup payment method getting messages says " beneficiary name missmatch" please suggest me what should I do next, should I wait for 3 days ?
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kalpesh,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Amanda Dorothea Ja A Community Member

I have the same issue please help
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Meadul H Community Member

I'm having same problem, do i have to wait for three days as well ??

Meadul H Community Member

My account name and Bank account is not the same, but the user is the same thats me,

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

what i have to do now?

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Meadul,

The team will assist you with the beneficiary name mismatch on your account shortly. I also see that you've submitted a support request about this. You'll also receive an update via the ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
srisabari p Community Member

I am facing same issue 'your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.'
Past few months i was able to transfer the found but now it suddenly got deactivated.

Kindly help me on with this issue

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Srisabari,

Our team will update your payment method as well and you will be able to use it shortly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Katerina H Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem with verification. Can you help me please ? 

Muhammad Bilal H Community Member

I have got the same issue exist  The beneficiary name is mismatched I need guidance and help Thanks

Abdalrahman A Community Member

Hi Goran, I hope you're doing well

I have the same problem here, I hope if someone helps me to solve this issue.
Abdulrahman is my name here but ABDALRAHMAN is my bank account.
Thank you so much in advance.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi  Abdulrahman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Red D Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem. I need to do manual verification. 

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Red,

You can only use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. As long as it matches the name on your profile (your name,) you should be okay.

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Farya A Community Member

Hello! hope you are doing well. I am facing a similar problem. I chose my name as Farya A instead of Farya Amjad on upwork account. Can you please get my payment method verified? Thankyou

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Farya,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Muhammad Bilal H Community Member

Please review my request as well I have the same  beneficiary name is mismatched issue that is why i cant add payment method please help guide

Hi Bilal, 

Thanks for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. Theyโ€™ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Tejas V Community Member

I have the same issue. Please help me with the same.

I have Created upwork ID with the name of 'Tejash' Vadgama but as per my Goverment ID proofs, my name is 'Tejas' Vadgama without where (Tejas is without H).

Please help me solve this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members