🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Janet,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

I am the holder of the account and the names are matching. What is the
reason for deactivating my payment method? Please let me know as soon as
possible.

Best regards

Hi Aziz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
brknkrdl
Community Member

Thank you!
thea_faith
Community Member

Hi, My beneficiary name is mismatched. But I got confused since I am using my bank account since I'm started working here. The only difference in my Account Name is my middle initial got included which is the "D" the rest are okay. I can't add my middle name in my Upwork Account since there is no Middle name box in it. I already went to the physical office of my bank and I tried to request to omit my middle initial in it but I couldn't since all of my Identification cards has my middle name in it. What is the best solution I can do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thea, 

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes please, Thank you..

8f4b3a0d
Community Member

I cannot withdraw myfunds because I'm getting the error The Beneficiary name is Miamatched under Bank account. I want to put my funds in this account. When I started Upwork, I used my maiden name, I have changed it with my married name and had it verified using my maiden name. I was able to withdraw funds from my bank account with my maiden name on it the last 2 weeks. So frustrating that this has to happen on a payday 😤
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cristy, 

Thanks for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
waff3l
Community Member

Hello upwork, been using my bank for wire transfer over 6 months and then suddenly I see beneficiary name has changed. I can't change it and it hasn't changed so why would it do that? Please fix this and contact me asap. High fees and then this? Do not contact me via email please inbox me on upwork  as my email address is currently offline. Urgent!!!

bajadojoy
Community Member

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I have the same issue, added 2 bank accounts already and same error. Pls fix this asap. I have withdrawn money multiple times with the same acct
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy, and Warren, 

Thanks for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
zisnich
Community Member

Hi

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
But my Upwork account, and my bank account are strictly the same name. Could you please check my case?

Thank you
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sergey,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem.
My name in bank details is the same as my account name, but for some reason an error is displayed.
How can this be fixed? and what is the reason?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Victoria,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Avery, thanks for helping in the other thread. Issue is resolved on my freelancer account but the agency payment method is blocked. 
"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
Method is the same as it was, same beneficiary name.

Hi Pawel,

Our team will update your payment method and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bajadojoy
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Can you help me too
gulcihan_ozguc
Community Member

Hello, 

My full name is Gülcihan Ozgüç but I created my Upwork profile as Gulcihan Ozguc **My name is including ''ü,ö,ç'' letters so I edited my name for English version so Upwork accepted.** . I got my ID verified long time ago, I do connected my bank account long time ago, I do work and get payment for long time but in 12.11.2021 Friday I wanted to transfer my money to my bank account like every Friday I do and suddenly I got a warning and says;

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

I've read in the Upwork community that those who have this problem and solutions was waiting 48 or 72 hours till the team will reach out to and if they need further information to lift the mismatch. I am waiting since 12.11, today is 17.11 and nothing changed.

Could you please help me with this problem, what should I do?
Thank you

Hi Gulcihan,

Our team will update your payment method as well and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'll be waiting. Thank you.

My Direct to bank payment method is deactivated and it says Name doesn't match. But, It does match. It is completely the same as on my bank account. How can I fix this? Thank you!

Hi Naila,

Our team will approve your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5152ef3b
Community Member

I changed the surname on my National ID due to marriage. How do I verify my ID again? Payment to my mobile money has been suspended because of the difference between the new surname and the old one I used to register my account. Thank you for your help!

Hi Mary,

Your payment method is now approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, can you please check my profile. I am apparently not having the same beneficiary name when I want to withdraw my funds. Been using it for over 6 months though. Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Warren,

Our team will check this shortly and will update your payment method, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c_sahiner
Community Member

I got this error "The beneficiary name is mismatched". But i have withdrawn money to my account through upwork before. This problem is just emerging.  Can you help me?

Hi Cantug,

Our team will update your method as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f7ddf9dd
Community Member

Why my name account is mismatched if a didn't change anything?

Hi Marisol,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have same problem also can you check mine also?

Hi Can,

Of course, our team will update your method shortly as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I got my answer but I still got mail when someone reply this topic how can I cancel that notification

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Can,

You should be able to go to the top of this page, click on the three dots drop-down menu, and unsubscribe from this topic (screenshot for reference).

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
divyaip
Community Member

Hi, I too have the same issue. I am using this account from past 7 months. Now its first time I encounter this issue. I did check with bank. But they asked to get a resolution from upwork end. Please help
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Divya, 

I can see that you were able to file a ticket for your account concern. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
gayatrikota
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

I need help on this notification. My name is similar in my bank account.

Screenshot of the message is below 
gayatrikota_0-1637230379673.png

Thanks.

Hi Kota and Katerina,

Our team will update your payment methods soon and you will be able to use them to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members