🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Shady,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
davidoof
Community Member

Hello, 

I have this problem, I put my name as my artist nickname, I didn't have any issue to get paid before (via paypal) but as I want to get paid direct to local bank, I have to change my nickname to my real name. 

I have verified my profile with my id and visual verification but now when I want to get paid I have this message that appears, "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." 

I can't have access to the help button and I don't know how I can receive help from upwork. 

I currently have two works in progress, so I need to know what can I do to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi David,

I checked and it seems that you already requested a name change. Please allow up to 48 hours for our team to review the name change and follow up with you. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kate_filipenko23
Community Member

I missed a time of my identification yesterday, when I tried to do it once again it was impossible.
Can you please help me to deal with this problem

Hi Kateryna,

You can reach out to the UpWork team to get it done ASAP. However, if you just redo all the steps, I think it can be possible too since you are not able to send further proposals...

~shahzad

Hi Kateryna,

I'm sorry for the delay as we had to check this with another team. The team has reached out to you and updated this open ticket to assist you further. If you are unable to access this ticket on your My Requests page, you should also be able to access it in your email inbox. 

Let us know if our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
lcbotha
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've setup a company account as payment method. I'm the director of the company. Can someone maybe assist in setting this up for me? Seems like I need to submit additional documentation.

Regards,

Louis.

Hi Louis,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

For privacy reasons, I also use a pseudonym that is different from my beneficiary name on bank account. Please send a manual review thank you 🙂

Hi Ashe,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

However, please note that the listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. In some cases, we can resolve the name discrepancies. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
studiosea
Community Member

Hi!

I have an issue in changing my Upwork profile name (Krishnah Priya Ragunath to Krishnah Priya R), as initials are not accepted as last names.

My bank beneficiary name has just an initial and not a full last name (Krishnah Priya R). What do I do to solve this discrepancy and get my name verified? Should I request a verification? Please advise on the same.

Thanks,

Krishnah

Hi Krishnah,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
yassa27
Community Member

I verified my complete name as Muhammad Yassa Choudhary on upwork by showing my government issued ID card while verifying my identity but now I m using Yassa Choudhary name on my upwork account name because I want to work on upwork with this name and it's legal too.

But my bank account name is Muhammad Yassa and showing error while connecting "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Muhammad Yassa Choudhary is my legal name as shown on ID card too and I want to use my middle and last name Yassa Choudhary name instead of Muhammad Yassa. Please Help me out.

Thank you

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yassa and Abdullah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I verified my complete name as Abdullah on upwork by showing my government issued ID card while verifying my identity but now I m using Abdullah Muhammad Saleem name on my upwork account name because I want to work on upwork with this name and it's legal too.

But my bank account name is Abdullah and showing error while connecting "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Abduulah is my legal name as shown on ID card too and I want to use my middle and last name Muhammad Saleem name instead of Muhammad Saleem. Please Help me out.

Thank you

**Edited for community guidelines**

fb981daa
Community Member

Hi, 

My name is different on Upwork because it is my artist name. I have always gone by Charlie Fisher for just under a decade. My payment details contain my birth name "Karol Rybarczyk". 

I have no official documents saying that Charlie Fisher is my name, but Charlie is the English equvalent of "Karol". I have been called Charlie all my life. Would it be possible to work under Charlie Fisher on Upwork?

I would be forced to find work elsewhere if my artist name couldn't be displayed on my profile / projects I'll be working on.

Thank you kindly 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fb981daa
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

"The name on your payment account has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for acceptance because the name in your Upwork account is different than the name on the payment account."

How do I therefore continue to work under my artist name?

Thanks

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
muntether_q
Community Member

Hello I got notiviction that my papal account is not added to my account because the name is diffrent my  papal email is Muntether.q its the same ike here.

keep in mind i recently changed my account name for the sake of upwork now i cant change it.

can you accapt it 

Hi Muntether,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello  my problem did not solved yet

Hi Muntether,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c2f89c3e
Community Member

I don't understand why I can't add a payment method directly to a ruble account in a bank in Russia

Hi Constantin,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
omar_jabr
Community Member

I got this message while trying to set up my Paypal account, how to fix it?

Is your name on your Upwork account the same as your name on your PayPal account?

Is your Upwork email address one of the recognized email addresses on your PayPal account?

yes they are the same

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omar,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
omar_jabr
Community Member

Thanks a lot, I'll wait. 

omar_jabr
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

so I just tried to renter my PayPal payment method and it showed me this message (the beneficiary named on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account) what do I do? and does it take time to review the payment method?

Thanks

Hi Omar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
dianamays
Community Member

my id in upwork is written Diana Mays while my customer's name on my bank account is DIANA EL MAISS what can i do to fix it

Hello Diana,

Contact the support and inform them that you have encountered a "Name mismatch issue" while adding your bank account. They will approve it and it will be ready to be used within 2 business days.

To open a ticket click here, then click on the "Get help" button at the bottom left of this page.

I hope this helps. 

Youssef

thank you for your help , but i didn't realised how can i contact the support team 

Hi Diana,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7dd265ef
Community Member

I want to add a payment method via paypal, but upwork requires upwork and paypal account names to match. I am from Russia and paypal requires my name to be written in Cyrillic. On upwork my name is written in Latin letters. But these names are the same. Is it possible to somehow solve this issue?

Hi Vadim,

In cases like this, it's best to wait up to 24 hours for our team to review the name mismatch and inform you if any further steps are required from youI also followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
renekim92
Community Member

My paypal has the same name as my UPwork account but it says they are mismatched and it wont release my money to me. Its been at least 10 days since the money should have been released. My account was verified by an UPwork rep and my paypal account was also verified.

renekim92
Community Member

My paypal has the same name as my UPwork account but it says they are mismatched and it wont release my money to me. Its been at least 10 days since the money should have been released.  MY account has been verified as well as my Paypal account.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members