🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
596db654
Community Member

I want to change my name from my bank account name..I have mistakly add my name..But now I need to confirm my name from varified documantation for start working in upwork..I want to take a project in upwork so I need to verify my accoun.please help me

Hi Shofiqul,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f2ced5fd
Community Member

I tried adding a local banking account and got the message that Beneficiary name mismatch I've changed my Upwork details to match that of my identity card and still having issues

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ONUCHE,

It looks like you've added your payment method today. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lauragcp
Community Member

Hello, 

When I try to put my Paypal as a payment option, it says the names don't match, but I have the same name in both accounts. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

It looks like you've added your payment method just recently. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
65308ee4
Community Member

Hi! Quick question, my boss already paid me thru upwork. When do i receive
it?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kara,

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. The 5-day security period allows the system to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
leonkamal
Community Member

Hi

I'm trying to link my Upwork account to my PayPal. However I get a message that identity not verified as "the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".

The beneficiary name on my PayPal is my email ID. I am using this same email ID for my Upwork account as well. I cannot change my beneficiary name on PayPal as PayPal picked my email ID as the beneficiary name by default. 

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hi Kamalpreet,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
65308ee4
Community Member

Hello! I was supposed to receive payment today but nothing is in my bank
account. UpWork says it has already been sent. Kindly check. Thank you
e74c0be2
Community Member

Hi,

I need to add my company bank account as my beneficiary account. While adding this account, I am getting an error as 'beneficiary name mismatched'. How can we solve this issue?.

Hi Sarath,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
65308ee4
Community Member

Hi! Who do i reach for an employer making contracts outside of upwork even
if we found each other on upwork?
7fb10916
Community Member

My upwork verified name and PayPal account is the name. Why does it say it is mismatched? 

Hi Yasir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
65308ee4
Community Member

Hi! I already got a confirmation from UpWork that i have transferred the
payment i received today, but it’s not in my account yet. Please check
this. Thanks

Hi Kara,

Thank you for contacting us. 

I see that the transaction is currently in process. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. You can refer to this link for more information. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Question, if my payment method on Upwork was paypal would waiting days be
the same?

Hi Kara,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately using Paypal. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours, you will have to contact PayPal.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

How do I report an employer who hires assistants from upwork but makes
contracts with them outside of upwork

Hello Kara,

Thank you for your message.

Please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs about working safely through Upwork and also read how to report suspicious user activity. You can also click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more information so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

How do I click on your picture? I’m getting this message thru email.

Hello Kara, 

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the confusion. Please click on my name next to this post to send me a private message with more information on your report.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
hagar0459
Community Member

my payment for tasks take 5 days to be active in my balance ,indeed i need this balance to file legal dispute and i can't link payball account as i created account with nickname but all my accurate data name,national id is attached to account and when i try ti use paypall always get messgae the name is not match 
can any one help me 

Hi Hagar,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my Fullname as per passport when I created this account. But the Account in My Bank uses My Initials  Any chance you could have my payment method activated already? Thank you! I can provide my Bank statement for the proof and passport copy for the proof of having different naming formats. Kindly approve my bank addition so that I can get my payments.

Hi Sreedhara,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
djekstar
Community Member

The system states that my name on PayPal does not coincide with the name of the account on Upwork, which is a mistake because my name in English is spelled differently everywhere, especially the Russian names, I need your help in accrediting the way of payment for work through my PayPal. Need help in solving this problem please.

Hello Evgeny,

Your payment method has been approved and will be active after 3 days. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

I have same problem: PayPal in Russia can use only Russian letters in name, surname. But Upwork require that name should be in English. I write name as it sign in my international passport. I can show it, if you need.

I wish you could help me too.

Hello, I was assured by your exchange user support employee that my way of paying for work via PayPal will work in 3 days, but it never happened. The problem is my name, as it is Russian and is declined differently in English.

Hello Evgeny,

Your payment method is already accepted. You will need to complete the W-8BEN form here to fill in your tax information before you withdraw earnings.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm Russian. PayPal in Russia should use only Russian letters in name. But Upwork account should use only Latin letters in name. I try connect PayPal and Upwork occounts, and failed, because my Russian name in PayPal "missmatch" with Upwork name. I have international passport of Russian Federation, where all this names are present. What should I do for revive my PayPal account in Upwork eye?

Hi Petr,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

My name and surname in my local bank in Turkey and my name and surname in Upwork match except for English characters. Other than that, why doesn't my name match? Emin > Emin / AydoGdu > AydoGdu. I cannot communicate well. 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 :(:

Hi Muhammed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ssandaruwan
Community Member

Hello 

I am from sri lanka, When i am add local bank every time it says my account number name mismatch. But all details and every things correct. Can please let me to add my local ban 

Hi Sameera,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will reach out to you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members