🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Gabriella,

Is your problem resolved?

Hello Kuldeep,

I know now that I will have to change my profile name to match my account name, but I'm not sure how to go about it.
Customer Support is a bit unresponsive.
Is there a way I can wave the urgency of my situation in their faces, maybe?

Hi Gabriella,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, Aleksandar!
My problem has been solved.

Hello,

I am the owner of the Upwork account. I do not have active open bank account so I opted to use my husband's bank account for the future pay. Upon setting up, I have been prompted that it cannot be processed due to name mismatched.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your concern with the name mismatch. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there!
Yes, it has been solved.

Gabriella: to avoid problems, make sure that your bank account name matches your name on your government-issued ID.

And then make sure your Upwork profile name matches that name.

You may need to work with Upwork Customer Support in order to change your profile name.

Hi Preston,
Thank you. It'll help to know how to go about contacting Customer Support. I've sent an email over 24 hours ago and it hasn't been replied.
Does it usually take this long to get help?

re: "Does it usually take this long to get help?"

It can take time. It IS the weekend right now.

If you get stuck, you can try clicking on the Chat Bot and typing in "Contact Support".

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 4.36.20 PM.png

aymenguentri
Community Member

Hi , I added a payment method and it still said the payment method name is mismatched although it's the same as my name.

Hi Aymen,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
117d266d
Community Member

I getting the message 'Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork'

Tried 2 times direct to bank and 1 via Paypal.

But can find nothing wrong, at first my name was  'Henrique **Edited for Community Guidelines**' on Upwork, so I change to my full name 'Henrique **Edited for Community Guidelines**'. But got the error message again.

The first time was already weird as Upwork says they have a team verifing minor name variations.

But with the second one I don't know what else to change. Got my full name on both ends.

Hi Henrique,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
117d266d
Community Member

Hi Nikola, thank you for the reply. but the Bank it's still not approved. It seems they maybe approved Paypal, but I can only try again in 3 days, but the direct to Bank is still off, I tried and it was disabled again. It's a little annoying as they charge the withdraw fee each time, so I'm been charged 4 times so far with no success.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henrique,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
skaracay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I want to transfer my business bank account my balance.
I use Wise bank, and I have a USD account.

Unfortunately, my information right despite it's couldn't transfer my balance. I don't know what reason.

I think Upwork mixing the bank information, personal account and business account.
For example, Upwork is might entering during transfer freelancer's person name instead of business name.

I want to use my business bank account on which I am an authorised signer.

I removed it, and I added my business bank account again.
I waiting for the team will reach out to me for over 48 hours.

P.S. Please, do not refer me to an article.

Bests,

Serdar

You can do that, but you will have to provide proof that you are the business owner or authorized signatory for that account. 

I faced the same problem, but after I provided the proof and business registration documents they were approved by the business account and I can now transfer without any problem. You may have received an email from Upwork regarding failed payment method authentication! 

Provide the requested information and you should be set to make transfers very soon! 

Thank you.

I don't know where to upload my bank statements, registration documents.

I uploaded it via a link before and approved it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Serdar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

My problem still didn't solve. Unfortunately, my confidence is dwindling to UpWork.

Hi Serdar,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I can see you were able to submit a new support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.
Also, please feel free to update your existing support ticket, when everything is in one place we can be more efficient in assisting you.

~Andrea
Upwork
philialibi
Community Member

"Beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."
But the name on my bank card and in my Upwork profile are the same. 
I guess, the reason is: I am using a common name variation Dmitriy(RU) - Dmytro(UA)

Could you help me to sollve it, please? 

Hi Dmytro,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
709a3423
Community Member

Hello, I am a citizen of Turkey. Upwork is not accepted because there are Turkish letters in my name and my name on the ID must be the same as my name on upwork in order to receive payment. what should I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yamac Daglar,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
salima-noorani
Community Member

Hi Support team,

I have set up my payment method. But it is giving me this message that it has been deactivated since my beneficiary name does not match with the name on Upwork.

I used my first and last name on Upwork and the name on my bank account is associated with my first and middle name.  I have updated my name on Upwork. So now how do I activate my payment method?

Hi Salima,

Looks like you have added your payment method just recently. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bbe0cde2
Community Member

I need to get paid asap it keeps saying (Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.) please verify and fix it 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zach,

Please allow up to 48 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please I am going through the same thing
How can I resolve it?

Hi Victoria,

Our team will update your payment method shortly, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello everyone, i need help i cannog withdraw my funds. There must be a bug on my account also as discussed on other topic.

Can someone assist me, i need to withdraw asap.

Hi Edison,

Your payment method is now updated, and you can withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It won't happen ASAP, about 24-48 hours. 

addtraction
Community Member

Hello Experts!

I have a small issue (maybe a trivia for some). At present everything is working fine regarding my bank details.

My name appears in my upwork profile as "Ajay Sabharwal" (Ajay S) but, the name in my bank account is "Ajay Kumar Sabharwal", is that a problem if there I am not using my middle name in my upwork profile? 

Also, if i change my bank details in the future or change my payment method to wire transfer (currently direct transfer to local bank) will this "missing" middle name in Upwork create an issue? Shall I edit my contact details and include my middle name so that it matches exactly as my name in the bank account to avoid any hiccups/documentation later?

Just want to make sure I dont face hassles because of this small thing.

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards

Ajay

Hi Ajay, 

There shouldn't be any issue regarding your middle name. If there were a name mismatch when adding a new payment method the team would review it within 48 hours and if needed will reach out to you directly to help. You can learn more about what happens in these cases here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea, thanks for responding, not sure I got the answer. Did you mean there is possibility I might face issues if I add middle name in my Upwork contact info OR if I try changing my payment method/bank details because of not using middle name in Upwork? Thanks.

I'm sorry for any confusion, Ajay. I meant to explain that you should not encounter any issues with your middle name, and if you did encounter any issues, our team will be there to help you. You can choose to add your middle name to your account but as you already have a payment method that is working fine there is no need.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks again Andrea, that would help. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members