🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't find my Identity verification optio...
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385

Thanks. Only option is upwork technical team should fix this issue. 

Im waiting for them.

03874aa8
Community Member

I am appalled that a verification process isn't a part of the initial sign up process. I had no idea this was coming and let alone right now. RIGHT when I was going be one of the first to apply to this great job opportunity, I'm suddenly forced to verify myself which will evidently take one to three days!?! It claims it's real time but then proceeds to say it'll take 1-3 days to verify me. This will also probably ruin my chances on my last proposal I got to submit because I'm "not verified" and my accounts basically frozen now. WOW!

Completely caught off guard, I sent a makeshift photo of my current drivers license, which doesn't have my updated address (I'm sure that's gonna be fun), but it refuses to scan my face and now I'll have to wait until I can get myself into a better lit environment assuming that's even the problem! 

Point being is I'm now likely going to lose out on this great job. As it refuses to scan my face.

I'll end with saying what I started with, this verification process needs to be a part of the initial sign up process. Because now I'm stuck waiting and missing out on jobs. 

790f8fc7
Community Member

The Identity Verification option isn't visible on my profile, I read a few articles that it won't be showing anymore but Upwork, from their end will issue an Identity Verification, I need to know when that will happen, it already has been a few months since I created my profile and I still haven't received any notification regarding Identity Verification. please let me know as soon as possible...

42c1aa8b
Community Member

Same here. 

I can't find Identity verification option in the profile settings.

What can i do for that?

Please, help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Hi Selin,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3e9a2dda
Community Member

Hi, I did the identity verification process, and have 2 active clients and 3 active jobs. Can you make sure my identity verification is taken care of so I can keep participating on UpWork seamlessly?

The notificaton I have showing on my profile says it must be completed by today - does that include the time it takes for you to process it? I already submitted it on my end, so wasn't sure what needs to happen from here.

Warmly,

Lauren

Thank you for letting us know, Lauren. I brought this to the team's attention and your verification should now be successfully completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3e9a2dda
Community Member

Hi, I did the identity verification process, and have 2 active clients and 3 active jobs. Can you make sure my identity verification is taken care of so I can keep participating on UpWork seamlessly?

95c30f63
Community Member

Hello , I have another problem, I want to verify my identity but "IDENTITY VERIFICATION" is not showing in my account. What do i need to do?can anyone help me?

Here is my screenschot..Screenshot 2024-02-29 012230.png

Hi Lisette,

Thank you for reaching out. That's because you're not currently required to complete any verification at this time. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
790f8fc7
Community Member

Hey Luiggi,

I want the Upwork team to know that not having Identity Verified takes a toll on gathering clients, and seeing if the service provider(freelancer) is verified or not, only then do they accept the proposal or send an invite, it's a matter of trust.

95c30f63
Community Member

hello luigi, when will I be required to have an IDENTITY VERIFICATION in my account?

Hi Lisette,

At this time, your account does not require verification. You will receive an email or a notification from Upwork if verification becomes necessary in the future. Please note that verification is not optional and cannot be requested by users. It is a gradual process that Upwork applies to its users based on various criteria. If your account is selected for verification, you will be given instructions on how to complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Upwork
47800c44
Community Member

Hello, could you help me, why my identifiying verification button is not appear on my profile setting? it makes my account sound as not eligible to be a freelancer at upwok because i did not get the verfied checkmart next to my name. thanks

You cannot initiate this. Work as-is for a while.

790f8fc7
Community Member

I want the Upwork team to know that not having Identity Verified takes a toll on gathering clients, and seeing if the service provider(freelancer) is verified or not, only then do they accept the proposal or send an invite, it's a matter of trust. This situation needs to be thoroughly vetted.

yofazza
Community Member

Including the bots, I'm quite certain there are more than 20 million freelancers right now. Verifying them is not the most efficient thing to do from Upwork's POV.

They will verify freelancers when they manage to find their first job, before they can withdraw the money.

As for getting jobs, rest assured that Upwork has already taken care of it. "Everyone has an equal chance" 

6b1cce74
Community Member

Hello, I am new on this platform, I use logo for profile before and I was assistanted for changing to my personal Picture for verification so now I have submitted the necessary documents needed and I am waiting for successful verification by upwork because they said manual review verification and how long it takes for manual review verification to complete I need verification ASAP please put me on the right way 

Hi Dauda,

Thank you for reaching out. Usually, we review your documents within 1-3 business days. Our team will reach out to you if they need additional information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a97052f8
Community Member

dear sir iam from egypt i need to verify my id 

We had some trouble verifying your ID

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID. Please try again with one of the following supported types.

Hi Mostafa,

I see that you have already reuploaded your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
e60118d9
Community Member

I have been trying to upload my goverment issue id to identify myself but its always failing. I have tried taking a clean picture multiple times but its still showing an error. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Ataur,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your identity. I see that your latest submission is currently under manual review. Once the team completes their review, they'll contact you via a support ticket if there's anything else you should do on your end. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7936422
Community Member

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. Can I send a proposal to a client in this situation? Can I apply for any job?

Hi Jeba,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. 

Yes! You can still submit proposals to potential clients even without having to verify your ID. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths