🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is not happy with the work but..?
Page options
mertkocaday
Community Member

Client is not happy with the work but..?

Hello! 

I work for a client since more than a year in Upwork. I make arrangements of music for accordion. He is sending me mostly terribly recorded live concert recordings and after listening them very carefully I transcribe what I hear into a music score. 

Some 15 days ago I got a new contract with fixed price for three more pieces from him. I delivered the work after some 5 days and he said there are mistakes. I proved him wrong by sending another extra score explains the situation and I got no reply. I submitted the work for payment and no reaction. Then I asked him how to go on because I completed the work and then he wrote to me quite rude things like ''Your work is not even close it is terrible and I found someone to make it for me sorry''. He also attached the new score prepared by someone else. Anyway then just couple hours ago I told him that it is fine if he wants to work with someone else next but I spent hours and there is a return for that. 

Upwork did not send me any request for change or cancellation of contract. Contract says that if he does not apply my submission the payment will be delivered to me automatically by 7th of April. Should I do anything or maybe I should do nothing at this point? I got paid by the same person number of times before and he was satisfied. I just believe he found someone doing it for less payment and wants to get rid off me and get his money on escrow back. Is that possible? 

Sorry for explaning it quite long. Thanks! 

Mert

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you did the task, the client needs to pay the agreed-upon amount.

There is no such thing as a client not paying because he "is not happy" with the work.

Freelancers don't get paid based on a client's emotional state.

re: "...and wants to get rid off me and get his money on escrow back. Is that possible?"

No, it is not possible unless YOU agree to give the client money. You should not agree to do that.

Thank you very much Preston H! 

Thanks! Now he requested for changes and he didn't write to me but to ''Upwork'' saying that ''I could not even complete a simple task''. As I know there won't be a change on contract unless I cancel it. 7th of April was the date payment automatically transfered. Should I do something on that  request? It now says ''revision requested'' again.

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

You did the work you were hired to do, so you get paid. There's no discussion here. Preston was spot on.

Thanks! But now he requested for changes and he didn't write to me but to ''Upwork'' saying that ''I could not even complete a simple task''. As I know there won't be a change on contract unless I cancel it. 7th of April was the date payment automatically transfered. Should I do something on that  request? It now says ''revision requested'' again.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members