🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client who is scamming
Page options
8205ee0f
Community Member

Client who is scamming

This client **Edited for Community Guidelines**  got into contact with me, asked for a 2 min sample to ensure I can do the work and when I delivered the work they blocked me. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

I wouldn't call it "scamming".

The client hired two people, maybe he wasn't thrilled with your sample.
That said, clients are not allowed to ask for free work and you can flag the job post as inappropriate.

crart
Community Member

I can't believe people still fall for this... Instead of providing ANY free work, especially when client asks for free sample BEFORE they hire you, you should flag them with reason "client is asking for free work" and move on. When will you people learn?

NikolaS

Hi Rissa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes. You were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Additionally, I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8b3bdb7d
Community Member

This is good to know, I'm here to the flatform and I fell for this as I wasn't 100 percent sure how the job offers work.

I've just looked for the job and is taken down. Did the work and learnt the hard way.

It was a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines**

jr-translation
Community Member

Freelancers with a profile that violate the ToS should not even appear in any search.

Jennifer R wrote:

Freelancers with a profile that violate the ToS should not even appear in any search.

Her profile is "set to private" now.

whose own?

8205ee0f
Community Member

ok thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members