🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Delayed payment for Top Rated
Page options
amteves
Community Member

Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payouts

Hello!

Is there a delay now on the Top-Rated salary availability?

Please advise. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I understand why this can cause concern for some of you. Please know that cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

If there are any specific issues related to this, we will update this thread. I can confirm that there are no reported issues that are affecting how these payments are processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

449 REPLIES 449

Hi Arianne,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this delay may have caused you. I can also see that you've been communicating with our team regarding your concern and a support ticket has been created. Rest assured that this has been escalated to the appropriate department. Please allow our team time to review your account, specifically the transaction you're referring to and you should be getting an update through that support ticket and your email. Don't hesitate to respond or update the ticket for further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks for the response, Arjay! I have been monitoring my funds and now it is in the PENDING status. It's not even supposed to be "Pending" since for Top Rated freelancers, the funds go from IN REVIEW to AVAILABLE on a Friday. Does this mean that faster payouts for top rated freelancers is no longer honored anymore?

Hi Arianne,

I see that you have already chatted with one of our agents regarding your concern about withdrawing your earnings. As confirmed by Arjay, your concern has been escalated. Our team will review and make sure that this issue is going to be investigated and you will be notified accordingly. We appreciate your patience while the team is working to get this fixed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

There is no solution yet. It's been over 24 hours already since the ticket was created. Do you already know what happened to my account and why would I receive the payout on Wednesday instead of the usual Friday faster payouts?

Hi Arianne,

I went ahead and followed up directly with the team handling your support ticket. You should expect an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
miciellecaraos
Community Member

Hi everyone, I am wondering why my earnings remain In Review today. It should be available usually at 10 am Fridays as I am a Top Rated freelancer. Can anybody tell me any reason?

Thanks

Micielle

Hi Micielle,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that your payment is still in review. Please note all cleared payments on the contract with no dispute from the clients are paid to you on Fridays by 5 am UTC. Any issues with the client's payment methods or disputes from the client will delay your payment further.  I see that you are already communicating with our support team about the same issue. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
joamps
Community Member

I am top rated plus freelancer, I always receive my hourly pay on Fridays, today is Friday, its still listed as in review, help me sort this out

Hi Hyacinth,

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. I can see the contract you're referring to is paused so one of these is probably the case. I would suggest you communicate with your client directly. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~Andrea
Upwork
joamps
Community Member

Yes, it's paused for this week, but last week I completed the work schedule, so I was expecting it to be available today

So are you saying that since he paused the contract for this week, last week's money would be available next Wednesday?

Hi Hyacinth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
antonyinnocent
Community Member

I moved from top rated to top rated plus and my early friday payment is still in review, has the change in the status from top rated to top rated plus freelancer has anything to do with the delay in the early payment sent on Fridays? By this time it would have already moved to the 'available' status but today it is still in the 'review' status. It would help if someone from upwork could assist me in this regard. I have seen already the FAQs on the conditions when the early payment is applied to the freelancer account, but would like to know the reason for this specific delay... Thanks.

Hi Antony,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jakeruss
Community Member

Has anybody else noticed if their early payments are not available yet today? This is quite unusual. I am Top Rated Plus and the only other time this has happened was when a client's payment method did not work. 

However, that has never happened before with this specific client. So, I am wondering if Upwork is experiencing technical difficulties.

I got mine.

Hi Jake,

It looks like the issue is related to a payment reversal on your contract. I can see you were able to communicate with our team via chat and support ticket. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will reply to your latest message directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
jakeruss
Community Member

Hey Andrea, this week it is for a different contract. Was there a payment reversal on both contracts?

Basically, is there also a payment reversal on contract ID 29411255? Because contract ID 29411255 should have the payment available today. 

The payment reversal I have a ticket for is from contract ID 30638333. Does that payment reversal affect the release of my other contract payments?

Hi Jake,

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Since the former is not the case, then it must be an issue with your client's payment. Please keep in mind, that this may mean that they only paid late, not necessarily that they didn't pay at all. 

You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I need help with mine too. I am top-rated and am supposed to get my payment today Friday. However, it's still in review. Thank you!

Hi Christine,

I checked, and there's still some time before your payment gets released. Cleared payments are released on Fridays by 11:59 p.m. UTC. You can check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dainy_delacruz01
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Account because until now I haven't received my payment for last week. Please help and I need it asap. Thanks

Hi John,

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you and I received my pay last Wednesday however, I have a question since my client changed their billing method. When will be my next pay? will it be permanent to receive my pay every Wednesday? or Is there any chance I can receive my pay again every Friday?

Hi John Dainy,

We have eliminated the five-day security hold on payments to Top Rated freelancers and agencies working on hourly contracts. As long as your client’s billing method can be charged successfully and they don’t dispute your hours, we will apply their payment to your Upwork account five days earlier than before by becoming a Top Rated. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Arjay,

So you mean that I'm going to receive my next pay this coming Friday?? am I correct? 

Thanks.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you should receive payment for the Hourly contracts on Friday as long as you are a Top Rated freelancer and the client's card is successfully charged for the logged hours. Also, your client should not initiate any dispute for the logged hours. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
deserie3395
Community Member

Hi,

It's friday and supposed to be all my funds will be available now. Payments are available from my other clients and I was able to withdraw them. However, payment from this single client is still in review. This is hourly contract by the way. Please help. Thanks

Hello,

Please check hourly contracts schedule below, your hourly contact earning available on 3rd week Wednesday

Week 1 — You log time using the Upwork desktop app (Time Tracker)
Week 2 — Your time is invoiced to your client on Monday, and they have until Friday to review your work
Week 3 — Earnings become available on the following Wednesday

please take a look https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063668-Get-Paid-for-Hourly-Contracts

Thanks

Hi, I'm a top rated freelancer so I am eligible for faster payments. I was able to withdraw today the payment from my work last week. Just this one client. What seems to be the problem? Thanks

Hi Deserie, 

It sounds like you're referring to Faster Payouts. Cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

Also, if Upwork is unable to charge your client's billing method successfully, the regular Weekly Billing Cycle schedule will be followed.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Thank you. I read about it in the get paid section that payments are released on Friday by 5 AM UTC. The problem is its 4 hours past the specified hour, and it's still in review. I'm wondering what really is the problem. Thanks

Hi Deserie, 

I have the same problem (Top Rated Freelancer as well). 

I have 4 active contracts all hourly contracts. 

I usually have my earnings available all on the same day, but this week, the other 2 contracts are still pending review. 

Had this issue been resolved? If so, how? 

And should I be alarmed about this? 

Thank you for answering in advance. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mauralyn, 

It looks like your payments have already been processed and you were able to withdraw to your payment method. 

Take note that for Faster Payouts, cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. Please allow one to two hours for your earnings to be processed from that time. If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged (there's an issue with their billing method), your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. This means your earnings are not eligible for Faster Payouts, and you'll receive your earnings after the security period (Wednesday). 

~ Avery
Upwork
gailgeee
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. It's usually available around 10PM my time but it's an hour past now.

Hi Gail,

Thank you for your message. Faster payouts are usually released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC as long as your client's card is successfully charged and there is no dispute initiated on the logged hours. I see that you have already reached out support team for the same issue and have been already assisted with the reason for the delay. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
khabbab
Community Member

Hi,

I am a top rated freelancer and I am not seeing faster payout for my contract ID 30880243. I already created a support ticket but upwork's support team takes couple of days to respond. Can someone from support team confirm the reason? Did client dispute my hours or its the issue with client's billing method not successfully charged. 

PS: I tried to take advantage of premium live chat support available to top rated freelancers but I was unable to do that as well. 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the contract and your first invoice for this contract is for billing week 07-04 to 07-10 which was last week. Please know that for Faster Payouts, we will apply your payment to your Upwork account five days earlier than usual. Supposedly, the amount is available for withdrawal on July 20 on a regular account. But since this qualifies for Faster Payouts, the funds will be available this Friday, July 15.

Please let us know if you need further assistance by then.

~ AJ
Upwork
khabbab
Community Member

Hi AJ,

It is friday and the payment is still not released. Can you please advise? Thanks. 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that earnings for the Hourly contracts are already available on your Upwork account. You will need to wait for 5 days security period to complete for earnings for Fixed price contracts to be credited to your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
maresebaltazar
Community Member

Hi,

This is my first time to post here. I wonder why the payment for my hourly contract (client A) still “In review” whereas the other client (Client B) on the same week log, payment is already in the “Available” tab. Previous payments from the Client A hasn’t encountered any issue.

Thank you in advance.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members