cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop App Google Log In error

Highlighted
Karla C Member Since: Mar 4, 2020
91 of 355

I have the same issue. I can't enter with my e-mail nor user name.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
92 of 355

Hi Pedro, and Karla, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Nicolas V Member Since: Mar 3, 2020
93 of 355

I have the same issue, i tried redownloading the app and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work

Highlighted
Marianne Mae Lucas A Member Since: Jan 8, 2020
94 of 355

Can't Login in the Desktop App. Because my account is created using Google

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
95 of 355

Hi Marianne,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > disconnect your Google account and try to log in again. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, please share the error you`re receiving with me. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ian B Member Since: Mar 11, 2020
96 of 355

Hi, I have the same issue right now in which is not letting me sign in thru my google account, Whenever I go to the sign in with google option I get to enter my email and password and then the pop-up window stays loading and loading..Just says "redirecting" "one moment please."

May I know how did you solve the issue? I've tried all kind of existing troubleshooting..

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
97 of 355

Hi Ian, 

Could you please log in to your account through a browser, and go to Settings > Connected Services? From there, please disable Google Sign-In. Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your Upwork account credentials. Let me know if the issue persists. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Brandon V Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
98 of 355

Hi, I'm having trouble signing in via Google sign-in. While I'm currently logged in on this laptop (thankfully) since I signed up for the account using it, I can't login via the mobile app or via my home desktop. On the mobile app, when I try to login via Google, it says that my Google account isn't recognized on Upwork. On my home desktop, it says that it can't access my Google account at this time.

Additionally, when I try to login using the email address and password that I set, it redirects me to signing in via Google.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice here!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
99 of 355

Hi Brandon,

Could you please disconnect your Google account under Settings > Connected Services and let me know if you`re receiving any errors after this? Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Brandon V Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
100 of 355

Amazing, thanks for the quick reply!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS