🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
Zeyad K Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

i Should Get 10 Connects After Winning an interview and Replying to it , well i didn't Get any Connects ?  does it take time or there is some kind of mistake ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

922 REPLIES 922
Syed Muhammad A Community Member

Hi, Arjay

I win an interview against my proposal but i did not recive any connects.

Similar thing happened to me last week. I win 3 interview and did not get any connects.

Kindly guide in this matter.

Shrey S Community Member

Sir,

I was interviewed on 4th November,2022 and on 6th, November,2022 but I did not received 10 connects for each job. Kindly resolve the issue.

Hamza W Community Member

Hi Team upwork!

I have a same problem. An Upwork client responded on my proposal (9 nov) but I did not get 10 connects. Its been 3 days now.

Please let me know what is the problem. Waiting for your response 

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hamza,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Luiggi
Muhammad W Community Member

Hi support team, This is my job title Email Signup EASY date 17 Jan 2023.First client interviewd me. Then he hire me.This task have been completed. i am still waiting for  refunded connects for award & awards connects. This is third time i am posting this issue on group please look into this matter and resovle my connect issue. 

thanks

Best Regards

Muhammad waheed

Bimal C Community Member

Hi, 

I was intervied and hired by client 2 days ago but still didnt get  my 10 free connect.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Bimal,

I'd like to reiterate that you won’t receive a Connects credit in cases where a client sent you a direct offer or invited you to apply. You may check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Aska I Community Member

Hello Arjay! I applied to 5 jobs yesterday and got interviewed by 2 clients and there should be 20 connects as a reward but I get nothing. Can you please check and explain it. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Aska,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 48 hours for the free Connects to be credited to your Upwork account. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Juel R Community Member

I submit many proposals for jobs within a few days but I get interviewed only for 5 jobs Only. I was happy that I will get free 50 connections but I did not receive Connects. What's the problem?

Please Help me Upwork team I will be thankful.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Juel,

Thank you for your message. Free Connects for winning interviews are credited within 24-48 hours from your first response to the client message on your proposals. You can check your Connects History page for more information. Feel free to message us if you do not receive Connects after 48 hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Abdul H Community Member

Hi, i was interviewed by two clinets 1 on saturady (11 june) & 1 on sunday (12 june) But i didn't recive any free connects yet please solved this problem thanks.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

I checked and it does look like you did receive free Connects for one of the interviews. Please, check your Connects History. Regarding the other proposal, please note Direct offers from clients don't receive a Connects credit. 

~Andrea
Saifullah K Community Member

Hi Arjay, I have been posting on the support for days but getting no answer. I have won three interviews on monday(7/18/2022) but only awarded connects for one interview. Kindly resolve this issue.

Thanks

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Saifullah,

Thanks for reaching out. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Natnael A Community Member

I wrote a proposal, won an interview but no connects

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Natnael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please allow more time for Connects to be added to your account? If you do not see your Connects after 24 hours feel free to follow up and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Tom M Community Member

Some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve, So that's why Upwork accounts no longer awarded free connects for every interview won by different users. If you truly won an interview, it may take 24-48 hours for the free Connects to be credited to your account.

Maciej Z Community Member

Hi Arjay! 

I believe the same thing happened to me. I applied for a job 7 days ago. Client responded. We talked and I got hired. But I never got the connects back. Is there anything else that needs to happen? Does the job need to end or something? I thought the point is to reward good proposals no matter whether somebody is hired or not. Would appreciate if somebody could take a look at it.

Maciej

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that the free Connects are offered for responding to the interview messages from the client on the proposals submitted by you. If you referring to this proposal, please note that direct offers on the submitted proposals and invitations from the client are not eligible for free Connects. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Andrew R Community Member

I have the same issue.

I won 3 interviews throughout the previous week and didnt get free connects for any of them.

Here are the details for the 3 jobs that I won interviews for:

1- Excel VBA macro application , applied to the job on 12 Nov

2- Need a advanced excel and vba expert for 8-10 projects , applied to the job on 17 Nov

3- 5 Star Review - Total my Excel Doc ASAP , applied to the job on 23 Nov

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Ahmad D Community Member

Hi 

i really recommend to remove this feature because some freelancers use to hire them selves and get free connects without wasting money to buy connects.

Thanks.

Tahsir M Community Member

I have won an interview and I do response it but, after responding to the client, the project was deleted by client. Can I still get the connects?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tahsir,

Thank you for your message. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Sometimes, a project may get cancelled or a job may be removed from Upwork without a hire. In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

You can always check your Connects History to verify and feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members