🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Did not receive Connects after interview
Page options
e15bb229
Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

i Should Get 10 Connects After Winning an interview and Replying to it , well i didn't Get any Connects ?  does it take time or there is some kind of mistake ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

922 REPLIES 922
f63617d3
Community Member

Hi, I wasted😐 my last two connects on 2 jobs, they replied me but unfortunately I didnt get to work on their jobs😒. But I didnt received my connects back already more than 24hrs.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We made the changes above in response, to ensure fairness and preserve the value of Connects for those who honestly earn and buy them. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I recently responded to two interviews but didn't got my free connects. Help me

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your message. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We made the changes above in response, to ensure fairness and preserve the value of Connects for those who honestly earn and buy them. Check out our announcement section for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Mr. Pradeep

Yesterday night I won a Job proposals.

Client contacted me and he is a payment verified client. He awarded the job to me and I have successfully completed the job and submitted to him. He approved the payment as well. But I didnt receive my free 10 connect.

-------------------------------------------

Sorry Mr. Pradeep,

I didnt received any notification regarding the free connects. But my 10 free connects shows in connects option.

"PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST"

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

mithun_adk
Community Member

Hi

Client reponded to my proposal but i didn't receive the 10 connects on wining the interview. It has been more than two days. Moreover this is not the first time, it has happened. A few days ago too, I received received client's response on my proposal. That time too, i didn't receive any connect.

Please look into the matters and resolve it asap.

Thanks

Mithun

Hi Mithun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ AJ
Upwork
hasanmd_mahmud82
Community Member

Hi,
I submitted a proposal and won an interview yesterday but still, I am not receiving the free connects. When will the free connects be available?
Kindly let me know.
Thanks !!

Hi MD Mahmudul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ AJ
Upwork
richards37
Community Member

Dear Upwork Admin,

I applied for some jobs and I got interviewed for two jobs I applied for. After the interview which is almost 48 hours or more, I have not gotten or received any connects after responding to the interviews. 

Kindly help me check why I've not gotten the connects. 

Thank you.

Hi Dr. Ayuba,

~ AJ
Upwork
ian55home
Community Member

Hi! I have an issue not receiving my refresh connects. I applied for a job post on Sept 16 and got a reply from my proposal last Sept 20.

It is now Sept 23 it is more than 2 business days already and I still did not receive my refresh connects from that successful response of my proposal.  I already checked my Connects history and it did not show that it was renewed.

Can I please create a report on my concern? Thanks!

Hi Ian,

~ AJ
Upwork

I have read the product update. but can I clarify how about the monthly refresh of free connects do we still get one?

Hi Ian,

Yes, this update is regarding interview Connects only and is not related to your Monthly Membership Connects.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you!

zakaullahklair
Community Member

Hi, I applied on different jobs and I got 2 responses but I just received 10 connects instead of 20. When I will receive rest of the connects?

Following are the links of the responses.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1571943742019997697

https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1572804237757673473

Hi Zaka,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Check out the product update for Connects for Interviews Won for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork

Earlier O received connects on every interview. And my weekly limit of
interviews is not reached yet.
7907b4f6
Community Member

Have you guys stopped giving 10 free connects for getting a reply from clients?

I got a reply from a client on August 19 but still, I didn't get any connects for that. Can you please tell me the reason?

Yes, the policy has changed, see Product Updates. 

570c5363
Community Member

I have a problem with the account that i am not receiving the free connects. I have responded to 2 job interviews and win both and also i have been answered by 2 clients after submitting proposal. 

Can you please check with this

Free connects no more assigned (not for all) for interviews. Check update from Sep 19, 2022

pbansal6
Community Member

Upwork team

I haven’t received free connects after responding to interviews. These were proposals I submitted, not them inviting me.

98994dc6
Community Member

Connects are a very big problem for me as I write a decent proposal to my clients but for some reason, they hire someone else. Ultimately, I am losing my connects, I get on 10 connects in a month means. I can only apply for 3 jobs hardly. Does anyone have any solution?
daniagolu
Community Member

Hi Pradeep, 

I have been interviewed three times now but i haven't received the 10 free connects.

The first one was on Mon, Sept 19. The second was on Tue, Sept 20. and the third was on Tue, Sept 27th. Please help me rectify this

riffat-sarwar
Community Member

Hi @Upwork, Can someone check why I did not received interview connects? I applied on many jobs and I received 2 inteview yesterday and got 3 today. and I still did not get connects for yesterday interview. Can someone resovle my issue please?

e93adb20
Community Member

I did not receive bonus connects for responding to an interview 2 days ago. Normally, Upwork sends it 10-15 hours after responding to the interview. Please, take a look at it.

7ba56d1a
Community Member

Hi! The last automatically received connects were applied to my account on September 13th. The interview that I immediately responded to on the 22nd did not result in me getting any connects. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d04e78c
Community Member

Hi

I got an interview after sending a proposal since last Friday and up untill now...I haven't got my connects

elisa_b
Community Member

Hi Elisa/Henry,

The same here. I didn't got any connects. I understand that from now on won t be 10 connects but really nothing?

If someone can clarify !

You did not exactly understood. Connects won't be awarded to every interview. So yes, sometimes it will be nothing.

Lol. Is this gimmicky. "The number may vary" and with "an established client".

Upwork turning more and more into a lottery.

Thankfully, no. Just the opposite. Upwork has taken away a tool to game the system for free connects. That is good for all of us - less scam job postings, less bad automatic proposals. 

Your goal when interviewing should be to win the job, not the connects.   

Yes and not. I agree that the connects/boost stuff is not the best of the world. But once it's in, then...

And upwork does too much shady things. What does "established client" mean? What does "the amount may vary" mean?

If they want to play, rules should be everytime the same.

Yes, it sounds very ridiculous, and they are drifting farther and farther way from TRANSPARENCY with each passing day.  It sounds so sketchy, evasive, and 'secretive'.

"we are no longer disclosing" 

"although we can’t share all the details when Connects are given out" (WON'T or "refuse to" is not the same thing as "can't").  Can't/Cannot indicates an inability to do something.  Choosing not to share information is a refusal, not an 'inability' to do so. The first line of this article indicates these changes were a choice/decision, so 'can't' is not appropriate in this case.

"In not sharing the amount of Connects"

"we occasionally may give out different amounts of Connects based on factors"

"Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork"

Wow.  What a "we can neither confirm nor deny" political 'word salad'. I could probably watch a couple hours of a Capitol Hill hearing and get clearer, and more honest and transparent answers than what I read in that article.  It would have been much more respectable if they just decided to stop giving connects away and had a simple one-sentence, honest article: "We are no longer providing free connects for interviews going forward." (end of article)

Hi Henry and Allan,

In addition to what other members have mentioned, please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members