🐈
» Forums » Support » [HELP] ICICI Bank IFSC Code not available on ...
Page options
suraj1102
Community Member

[HELP] ICICI Bank IFSC Code not available on Upwork

I'm trying to add my ICICI bank to Upwork but Upwork doesn't identify my bank through IFSC Code. 
I tried to add an address but the address field is too short to add the complete address. 

I've been trying to reach support but the Get Help button was grayed out. 

The missing IFSC code: ICIC0007392

Kindly, help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

I am writing to you to let you know that our team was able to resolve the issue related to ICICI Bank Code. Could you please try to re-add your payment information?

Update: since the issue has been resolved, we will be closing this thread.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suraj, 

You have the option to add the bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option if you're sure you're entering the correct number and the system is not recognizing it. You may also check this help article for more information about the correct format of bank codes.

As for not being able to contact our Customer Support Team, I will look into that further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
suraj1102
Community Member

I followed this Upwork help article. 

that you shared with me.

Downloaded the RBI excel sheet that has all the bank's IFSC code in India updated on February 2021. 

The IFSC code: ICIC0007392 is here but not available on Upwork. (check attachment)

I humbly request you to add the IFSC code to the Upwork directory. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

regards, 
Suraj Sharma

Hi Suraj,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your IFSC code. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also getting same error with
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd.
IFSC Code :ICIC0001828 

Hi Anupam,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suraj, 

Was the "Get Help" button unresponsive on your end when you tried to click on it? 

~ Avery
Upwork
snigdhaj
Community Member

I have the same issue. The ifsc code is not recognized and when I enter bsl address manually the next button doesn't come alive.
The ifsc code is correct. Kindly assist me asap

Hi Snigdha,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
zackriya
Community Member

Hi,

Any idea what IFSC code to add for ICICI Bank India?

Kindly do let me know. 

The one I entered ICICNBBCTS, which my other clients use for transfer is not working with Upwork.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Contact Upwork support, provide relevant details to them. They'll add it
manually for you.

Hi Sandeep,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
89e46593
Community Member

I'm not able to add my local bank details as it says , "Swift code is OFAC restricted" but there is not such restrictions on my bank.

I'm from India

Hi Neelam,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the error while adding a payment method. I see that you are already communicating with the support team. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I'm getting same issue when I withdraw funds from upwork. 

I get funds every week in my bank but this time I got this email.

SWIFT code ICIC0006780 is OFAC restricted. MOP #13826056 is deleted. New disbursement preferred UPM is Optional[2448746].

Please help me on it. 

Thanks

Is your issue resolved now?

I am also facing same issue, i have been using my local bank account for over 3 years and suddenly when I tried to withdraw payment, it got rejected with same reason Swift code is ofac restricted. Very unusual, still waiting for reply, let's see what will happen.

dobariyavishal
Community Member

Hello 

I m checking get paid section it display Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But my Bank name and my account name is same. I tried again add the same account. but while  i  am enter correct ifsc code it will display your bank is not found. but bank is there even google also showing bus and ifsc code correct
check this link

https://www.google.com/search?q=icici+bank+adajan+ifsc+code&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIN911IN911&sxsrf=APq-WBsjg...

Please resolve my Problem.

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
sakthibala1
Community Member

Is there any conclusion on this? I tried withdrawal today, but my amount got returned back to my Upwork account. When I was trying again, I found that my payment details are removed. I could not add my account details again; 1) It says my IFSC could not be found; 2) If I try to enter bank details manually it says for some US law restrictions I could not use this option. Can anybody help?

Hi Bala,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I got an e-mail reply. It is not at all useful. The mail says "there are restrictions transferring funds to your bank account that's why your funds were returned". It is not possible. I tried entering my other account info (it is a nationalized bank) and again it threw the same error. Bank account not found. So, I believe it is not related to my bank account(s).

Hi Bala,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add a bank account. That said, if you're still experiencing issues, please communicate directly with our team via support ticket as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea. Yes, it could not check IFSC. But I had to manually enter the bank name and address of my other account. Anyway, ICICI Bank is the one I have been using all these years. Just wondering what could be the issue.

gajjarvishal86
Community Member

Hello,

Which indian banks are allowed for the direct bank transfers in India.

I was using ICICI bank and Axis bank earlier but both are giving troubles. 

Or what is the other better way to transfer the amount in India.

Having the same problem, when trying to transfer funds from upwork to icici it says SWIFT code is OFAC restricted

I had the same issue yesterday. I used IOB (I had to enter my bank name and address manually). It went through. Anyhow, I have to wait 3 days for withdrawal. Only if I get the amount credited, I could say anything for sure.

I agree, I checked with upwork support team, they mentioned that ICICI bank is restricted, and ask me to use other bank account. 

I am also facing same issue with my ICICI bank.

dhindsamanpal2
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting the same on ICICI bank account. Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. "there are restrictions transferring funds to your bank account that's why your funds were returned.

Please advise.

Hi Manpal,

I had the same issue. Try your other bank acount. First, enter IFSC, it would say bank account not found. Then manually enter the details. It would go through (Unless they blocked any other bank).

vish_devil
Community Member

Hi, 

I am from India and trying too setup payment method Send funds directly to your bank.

ICICI Bank Limited bank's IFSC code ICIC0004371 is not available on upwork.
https://banksifsccode.com/ICIC0004371/

When added bank address manually I am getting error which says

Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements

Please help.

Same issue.
Kindly let me know if its fixed.

shashank_snigdha
Community Member

Same isssue!!!I have tried withdrawing money to my local ICICI just like I have been doing for past 2 years but this time it rejected me deleted my payment method details. Later, I tried adding it but it won’t let me, informing me about some issues with US regulation. Here is My back’s IFSC code ICIC0001920. Please look into it. Thanks

jaydeep_dev
Community Member

Hello,

I m not able to getting paid, due to payment method issue, earlier it was all ok, i have received payment but now when i m adding bank details it will shows an message like " Due to US Government regulations this payment method can not be added."

Also My bank swift code and country is not in list of OFAC restricted.

Can you Look into this mettor as early as possible.

Hi Jaydeep, 

I merged your post to this related thread. Once we have more information, our team will come back here with an update.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks, Avery,

Yes and I think there are lots of Upwork Freelancers who have the same issue with, the ICICI Bank IFSC code. ( My Bank IFSC Code: ICIC0000272).

Can you help us to get solved this issue from Upwork to this issue asap? as we have to withdraw funds from our bank.

Thanks.

I am also in the same boat. 

Not able to withdraw funds, payment got rejected with message "SWIFT Code ICIC0000571 is OFAC restricted". Have been receiving funds for over 3 years in same bank account. Not sure what has happened suddenly which is affecting so many users now. Have contacted the support through chat, expecting a reply in next 24 hours, let's see what they will come up with.

009c69b8
Community Member

I'm not able to add my local Indian bank details as it says, "Swift code is OFAC restricted" but there are no such restrictions on my bank. Please do help me with the same.

99devs
Community Member

I am also facing the same problem . I tried to withdraw fund but it got rejected with same message that SWIFT code is OFAC restricted and when I checked my "get paid" section - I figured that my settings for "direct to local" has been deleted too . Not sure what to do now 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths