🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

812 REPLIES 812

Hi Olajide,

Please send me a PM with your friend's account details so I can check. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d78c9880
Community Member

This is olajide.my friend details are name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Link    :https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f6b8225274e13eae

Hi Olajide,

We truly appreciate and respect you reaching out to us on behalf of your friend. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media below, and they'll be assisted accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, please my friend's account was suspended and he has messaged upwork but no response.

f3ed30e9
Community Member

I have a similar issue, I have posted in the thread

f3ed30e9
Community Member

Hi, I am posting on behalf of my husband.  My husband submitted his documents for Identity Verification a week ago. His status is still showing in the review. Currently, his account is on hold, he can't even post or reply to any discussion here. He tried to reach out to support multiple times but never got a response from a support agent. Please, someone, assist him. 

My Husband's profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01562b7b237252765a

f3ed30e9_1-1655143494950.png

please let me know if any more details are needed. Thanks in Advance

Hi Most Sarmin,

Thank you for reaching out to us on behalf of your husband. For privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask him to contact us directly on any social media they prefer? We're willing to check on the account and assist him accordingly. We seek your patience and understanding. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3ed30e9
Community Member

Hi Arjay M, thanks for the reply.  I have told my husband about the social media. He has massaged you on Facebook.  Hopefully it will get sorted out soon. 

2de3d675
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am posting this thread on behalf of my employee. He is unable to add billing method and tried to open a topic but he couldn't neither he was able to comment on any of the related topic. He has generated a ticket through get support yesterday but haven't heard back from Upwork. Can someone help out related to this issue. Is his account blocked or something? and also the bank issue. Whenever he tries to add a billing method it gives an error "we are unable to authorize your card. please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank". He has contacted his bank and they said everything is fine from their end.

Hi Soban,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ AJ
Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Mst Bilkis,

We truly appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your friend. For privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account, we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer? We're more than willing to look into his account and provide assistance accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ilya-veschytsky
Community Member

Hello! I am writing on behalf of my friend, who has registered for Upwork since 2019.

In 2022, on April 19, updated information about himself left his account. He wanted to go yesterday from the PC and the phone, but he first writes that This email address uses Google Sign-In. and when he wants to connect via Google authorization, he writes: That Google Account is not recognized on Upwork. It turns out that you can not authenticate via email and password, and simply through Google-account it is impossible to do this because of the above reasons.

Hi Ilya,

Please know that we're unable to share any information about your friend's account with you because of privacy reasons. 

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below, our team there will be happy to assist. 

~Andrea
Upwork
mishalsubhan
Community Member

I am writing on behalf of my friend dwhoes account has been suspended temporarily and despite her several emails and trials she is not able to get any response from Upwork team to pursue her case. Kindly help her get in touch with any agent to help her restore her account as soon as possible. Its been more than 6 days now since her account suspended. Link to her profile is given below

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dr Mishal,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your friend's account. I see that the account holder is already communicating with the relevant team. We are unable to discuss further details with you on the other user's account. Please request the account holder to continue communicating with the team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for writing but if you please have a look at her profile she is communicating but it's more of a one-sided communication and there is no response from the upwork team. she is actually having trouble connecting with any member from upwork that can help her resolve things. My sole purpose of writing on her behalf is to request the moderators to help her communicate effectively with the team so that her matter can be resolved and she can resume her work. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

k_manasserian
Community Member

Hello my friend also has same problem and since he can't log in and post the issue here, I'm doing it on behalf of him. It looks like a deadlock. He has exactly same issue. Can you help? 
Thanks,
Karlen

Hi Karlen,

Thank you for reaching out to us on behalf of your friend. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer? We'll be more than willing to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e0b76f9e
Community Member

Hi,

I've a friend who's account recently got suspended by upwork. He's been scammed with one of his new clients and he didn't understand which part of all these got his account suspended. He did one mistake is that talked with that clients via whatsapp and google meet. Though he shared all the chat and conversations he had with that client to upwork expalining that he is not invloved in any of this part. The client was a scammer and his account also got suspended by upwork. 

What the client needed for his job, he described on google meet and a little in whatsapp chat. But soon my friend started working on his project, upwork suspended his account. He is also unable to post on community right now.

I know my friend pretty well as we've been together for over 12 years and he's an honest and nice guy. He's been working so hard to build his carrer at upwork. He had over 600+ working hours and around $12000 earning with over 40 jobs on upwork. Meantime he also got some very good clients.

I'm talking on behalf of my friend if there's any help he could get! This upwork was his only earning source and he needs to support his family i.e., his family depends on his earning. On his account he had around $4600, which he lost also as upwork refunded those money to his clients.

Please I'm requesting someone to help and reconsider his case and forgive him for any of his mistake he did unknowingly.

Hi Asadullah,

Please know that we're unable to share any details of another user's account with you. If your friend is suspended and unable to access their account, they should still be able to reply to our team's email regarding the suspension. Our support team will be happy to assist further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d01436f5
Community Member

So my friend's account was suspended on Upwork and he is not able to write here on the forum that's why I'm sending his message here through my account. Please help!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

e0b76f9e
Community Member

Hi,

I've a friend who's account recently got suspended by upwork. He's been scammed with one of his new clients and he didn't understand which part of all these got his account suspended. He did one mistake is that talked with that clients via whatsapp and google meet. Though he shared all the chat and conversations he had with that client to upwork expalining that he is not invloved in any of this part. The client was a scammer and his account also got suspended by upwork. 

What the client needed for his job, he described on google meet and a little in whatsapp chat. But soon my friend started working on his project, upwork suspended his account. He is also unable to post on community right now.

I know my friend pretty well as we've been together for over 12 years and he's an honest and nice guy. He's been working so hard to build his carrer at upwork. He had over 600+ working hours and around $12000 earning with over 40 jobs on upwork. Meantime he also got some very good clients.

I'm talking on behalf of my friend if there's any help he could get! This upwork was his only earning source and he needs to support his family i.e., his family depends on his earning. On his account he had around $4600, which he lost also as upwork refunded those money to his clients.

Please I'm requesting someone to help and reconsider his case and forgive him for any of his mistake he did unknowingly.

I'm sure someone from Upwork will see this and try to help.

Hi Asadullah,

We truly appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your friend. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media? We will be more than willing to look into his account and assist him accordingly. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e0b76f9e
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your response. He did try on upwork facebook, but there upwork told him that his account suspension is final and they can't say any details. Later, he couldn't reply on upwork's message. Shall I tell him to try on Insta or Twitter again?

He has been scammed by one of his client, and he's trying to proof that he is a legitimate freelancer. I feel truly sorry for him. If he could get some help and forgiveness for whatever mistake he did, he could support his family again.

rishienathanrj
Community Member

Hello guys,

One of my clients from Australia told me that he is unable to log in to his Upwork account. Because he is unable to log in he could not reach out to the support team. I'm reaching out to you on behalf of him.

Concern person who can help us, please reach out to me so I can share his Upwork's associated email ID with you. Actually, he told me it looks like someone has hacked his account and changed the email ID. He is unsure about it, he assumes this because he is no more receiving emails from Upwork.

He cancelled the credit card but still Upwork charges him. He called the bank today to check on it. He told Upwork charged against the two-card number, that he don't know if he had in the account.

Please consider this as a serious issue and help us to resolve this.

Thank you,

Rishienathan R J

Hi Rishie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, I'll ask him to get in touch.

Just checking, is this the only option? Any better way to reach out to get support directly may be by email or phone call?

1285c3aa
Community Member

Hi! My bussiness partner who is on upwork too and is completely banned, He can't replay nor do a post here on community. He's been on "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day" for more than 15 days. Any help?

54b4304c
Community Member

hello support my friend account was suspended and no ticket was opened for him to complain he said it was due to hhis payment source which was blocked with his first account which he later want to use for withdrawal in his new account so he did not remove his payment method from his permanently blocked account which later resolved to an issue having his new account blocked so his cleared funds and he could not even withdraw his funds please what he do?

Hi Deborah,

Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand.

~ Nikola
Upwork
32a51c30
Community Member

Hello all, 

Need help asap. Today one of my colleagues was creating his freelance profile on Upwork but by mistake, he signed up as a Client. After realising the mistake he thought to close the account and create the freelancer profile again as he already planned.

The problem now is that when he is signing up for freelance and adding his email address, Upwork is showing that the email already exists, log in.

When we are trying to login in, it is showing the email address is invalid. 

Kindly help what we can do to contact Upwork and make our profile easily. 

Hi Mustakim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ AJ
Upwork
sajjad910
Community Member

This is the problem of my wife's account, she has sent many emails but no response, her community posting system is also Disable, so she said to post my problem in the community so that some solution can be found.
From her
Support Team is irresponsible My order was completed on June 20 2022. After that my account was Suspended and I was not given any reason. I emailed several times but I did not get any reply from upwork . My order was also completed but 25 days have passed yet. they did not release my paymend. I emailed many times but I did not get any reply from upwork۔ I am very saddened to see this behavior. The saddest thing is that my account has been suspended without any reason. If I have made a mistake, let me know that I have made a mistake. I am a human being.Also many times tickets have been filled but I did not get any response. I have been reminded many times but still no response and this is not a good thing. Please if Can't give my account but give me the money I have in my upwork pending. I am facing a lot of difficulties. Please release my payment.upwork support team is irresponsible

Hi Sajjad,

Please know that, because of privacy reasons, we're unable to discuss any details of your wife's account with you. The best way for her to communicate directly with the correct team would be to reply to the email where she was notified about the suspension. If she's unable to post in the Community you could also direct her to message Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~Andrea
Upwork
1c81121b
Community Member

Hello!

My client is stuck in this screenshot. I've sent him the contract, he can read it but the big green "APPROVE" button does not work. The page just reloads and nothing changes for him. Already tried rebooting the PC, clearing the cache, etc.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited to add information**

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand.

Kindly ask your client to contact support in order for him to be assisted. To get in touch with our support team: 

1. Go to the Help Center.
  2. Select “Get Support” at the bottom of your screen.
  3. Type a question or topic and select "Send". The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  4. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  5. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you don't work on a project unless the milestone has been activated and also avoid working on the contract unless it meets the requirements of Upwork payment protection.

~ AJ
Upwork
itsamnaidrees
Community Member

Hello,

One of my colleague account has been suspendesd due to a minior voilation. He write Upwork for this matter. Upwork support team is not reponding him and bock him to posting in upwork community. He has a good enterpise client base locly he bring every month 1 to 3 clients on upwork. But now he is restricted to do work on upwork. Kindly restore his account as soon as possible.

His profile link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eb072c423a00cd49

His Last tickets are

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/36066918

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/36085728

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/36092892

Note: My aim is just to highlight his matter not to violate upwork terms.

89ed5ee1
Community Member

I'm just helping my co-worker regarding to this issue. My co-worker tried to create an account earlier but the email verification was not sent to the email neither spam/junk folder on gmail.

Any advice will be appreciated. 

Hi Bernard,

We truly appreciate and respect you reaching out to us on behalf of your co-worker. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media below, and they'll be assisted accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members