🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

812 REPLIES 812
5ab2b0e1
Community Member

Hi,

My friend is also experiencing same issue with her upwork login

Hi Dexter John,

We truly appreciate and respect you reaching out to us on behalf of your friend. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account. Could you please ask your friend to contact us directly on any social media below, and they'll be assisted accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rubenpais
Community Member

Hello.

I am asking for help on behalf of my wife as this is a login issue so she can't contact customer support nor post a message here.

When she attempts to log in, she cannot get her security code through email. It says it has been sent, but it's nowhere. Not on her spam folder, not in any place.

Keep in mind she's trying to log in from both the computer and app, so phone validation is not a possibility. We tried multiple browsers and devices as well.

When she opens a support ticket, she does get a link to it in her email, but she cannot open said ticket since it asks to log in in order to see it anyway.

She might lose a job offer with a client she's in talks with. How can we proceed to help her log in?

a2b4e914
Community Member

Hello,

I am here to try to figure out what happened to my friend's freelancer account. He cannot log in and gets the message, "Oops Username incorrect." How is this possible? The username is absolutely correct!! Does anybody have an idea what's going on?

wasim_ch57
Community Member

Hi, My friends Upwork account is suspended right now, he received an email from Upwork Support about the suspension and asked to reply in the same email thread. Its been 20 days now and he is trying to followup on the same email thread but no one from support team is responding in spite of sending couple messages. He also tried to contact Chat support, FB Support but no luck. Can anyone please guide how to connect with the support. He is very Upset and eagerly looking for Help. 

Hi Wasim,

We truly appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your friend. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to disclose any information about another user's account. However, if he's already communicating with the appropriate team regarding the suspension of his account, he will surely be assisted accordingly. You can also direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5e659dd6
Community Member

Hi,

Since I am not able to login into my account so I am asking for help from my brother's account. I have 2 step verification on and use google sign in option. Whenever I try to login it directs me to a page that says "get a text message verification code". The issue is that when I clicks on "send" to receive the code, its just stuck on that screen and no code is sent to my phone number. And now its saying "due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request. Please try again later". It's been like that since a couple of hours ago. I can provide my gmail id associated with my upwork account and screenshot of the page from where I couldn't proceed further.

I have upwork logged in on my desktop app which I use for time tracking and its working there. Since its desktop app so I can only track time/message my clients and nothing more.

Issue is with trying to login into account currently. Please help. I would be very thankful for the help from the support team. Thanks!

Hi Bishal,

Please know that we're unable to discuss your brother's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please advise your brother to reach out directly to our team so they can help. I would also like to clarify that sharing accounts (letting another person use your account) is against our Terms of Service.

~Andrea
Upwork
ibrahimhussain52
Community Member

My client is trying to pay me through direct contract, but she is getting this error again and again. It has been 2 days and she is unable to process with my payment. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-05 at 4.49.19 PM.jpeg

Hi Ibrahim,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that your client is having regarding the payment. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact our support team so we can assist them further?

To get in touch with our support team, simply follow these simple steps:

1. Go to the Help Center.
  2. Select “Get Support” at the bottom of your screen.
  3. Type a question or topic and select "Send". The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  4. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  5. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided.

~ AJ
Upwork
0513e11b
Community Member

Hey there!!

My Friend **Edited for Community Guidelines** Got his account closed without any reason, He tried to contact through Ticket but They Did Nothing,  I am contacting on his behald cause he his unable to login to his account . He Has posted communtiy also from his another account due to which his all accounts got banned, Kindly see to it, and make a answer Given to explain this all. HIS GMAIL LINKED TO ACCOUNT -**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thankyou

Regards john

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ AJ
Upwork
mahfuj9900
Community Member

Hi, I'm habibur rahman. 

My friend **Edited for Community Guidelines**

When he was doing jobs in a porject with screen recording. 

His account was suspended, unknown reasons. 

Pleas check IT and active his account. 

his profile:

*Edited for Community Guidelines**

Did he file a ticket with support team "support@upwork.com "?

Yes, He Did **Edited for Community Guidelines** ticket

Hi MD Habibur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ AJ
Upwork
900a90cc
Community Member

I'm posting a request for a friend. 

She's using Gmail, and it states "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.",

Does anyone know how to activate or get her account back?

Hi Dann,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. If possible please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a1bc16ad
Community Member

Im writing in behalf of my friend, He can't log in to his upwork account, he recently changed his email address and here is the error message 

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email

he tried to logged in Manually by using his email address but it says that its connected to google sign in

Hi Thea Mae,

We appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your friend. However, please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any of our social media below? We'll be more than willing to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nict
Community Member

Hi there. I wonder if anyone can help? I have a contract to do some work for a client and have submitted the work to her. The payment is sitting in review, so all is good from that end. My client has messaged me outside of Upwork to say that she is unable to log into Upwork today to download the piece I have written for her as she is getting an error message that says 'Error 1015. You are being rate limited.' Because she can't get access to Upwork to ask the team for support to fix her account, she has asked me if I can get in touch to see if someone can reach out to her in order to solve this. Does anyone know the best way for me to do this? If someone from the support team is able to message me for the client details and  log a request for her that would be really helpful. Many thanks. 

It is NOT MY JOB to help another person log into Upwork.

If I contact Upwork about this, they will tell me that for security and privacy reasons, they can not talk to me about another person's account.

If my client can not log into Upwork, that is not my problem.

And it poses no problem for me.

Because I can still log time and get paid automatically.

Or if this is a fixed-price contract, I can still submit the work and get paid automatically.

The client's inability to log into Upwork does not block me from getting paid for my work.

And if the client is able to communicate with me outside of Upwork, then she can tell me to continue or stop working. Whatever she prefers. The only thing she can't do that would affect me in the FUTURE is she can't create new milestones. But for my CURRENT work, that is fine. And if this is an hourly contract, I can continue to log time for as long as she wants me to and as long as her credit card doesn't expire.

865db0b1
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, 
My friend from Canada his account is suspended since last 5 August 2022, He was working on one project he is new freelancer on upwork. His email **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork ask for the verfication of identity he proof the identity and upwork also mailed thanks your identification is proof succesfully, since 5 august his account is suspended he is unable to deliver project his amount is stuck also in upwork of 1st project and now if the project will be cancelled his profile will have bad review, he also called upwork support many time but no one is up for help even he genrated ticket via email but no response, Anybody is here for help please let him know at his email. 

Thanks 

Amazing.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out on behalf of your friend. Several support tickets have been created with your concern and you can also check those for updates from the team. However, please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. If your friend got in touch with our team with the same concern, rest assured that they will be assisted accordingly. You can also advise your friend to contact us directly on any of our social media below. We'll be more than willing to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
me_resic
Community Member

guys can somebody help please? My brother is using business email for upwork login and not gmail, but when he tries to log in he gets message that this mail is using gmail log in. and when he enter the password it shows error. can somebody please help. Also I can't create ticket or get any help from support what is happening? 

THE WORST THING IS THAT WE CAN'T CONTACT SUPPORT IN ANY WAY, EMAIL, TICKET AYNTHING. so annoysing

Hi Mesud,

I'm sorry to hear your brother is having trouble accessing his account. You can recommend he follows these steps to get assistance with resetting his password. You can also suggest the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page to get in touch with our support team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
me_resic
Community Member

Hey Luiggi. It's not a problem with his password. It's a problem with connected services and that's google sign-in service. Can somebody please disconnect this service so he can be able to log in with his email **Edited for Community Guidelines**  and password? Also please notice that he or I can't chat with the support. The robot constantly asking for more info and not offering live support. Can you please help

Hi Mesud,

Please know that for privacy and security reasons we are unable to discuss another user's account details with you or take any action on it. Please have your brother reach out to us directly either by using the link in the last section of the help article Luiggi shared with you above or by sending a private message on any of Upwork's social media account they prefer.

~Andrea
Upwork
me_resic
Community Member

Hi Andrea I understand you, but he can't log in to upwork community also. If he made new account for upwork community and he refers to other profile what your respond will be? Also if he contact upwork over instagram when he will get message back and also how they will know it's him?

Please send me the links for direct help person to person and he will of course contact.

Also one notice, he can't contact anyone to person or live because robot from get support constantly asking for more details and sending non related articles. Also he sent emails to support over his profile email to **Edited for Community Guidelines** and no one is answering. 2 days are past from the emails.

Mesud, please keep in mind that creating more than one account is a violation of our Terms of Service. If he sends a direct message on Instagram, our support team there will be happy to help.

~Andrea
Upwork
palminfotech
Community Member

Hi Team , 

One of by Exclusive Team member account has been suspended. Upwork updated us in last email thread that they will reach out to us in 48 hours . It's more than 72 hours but there is no response . 

Looking forward to your response !!

Thanks,

Tejas

Hi Tejas,

Please know that we're unable to discuss another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. If they need an update, please advise the freelancer to reply directly to the support ticket or email notification so the team can review and reply.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Andrea , 

Thanks for your response !!

Actually it has been more than 96 hours but there is not reply to email yet . 

Would you please guide us what is minimum response time for query to support ? 

Thanks,
Tejas

95ca377c
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Can someone please HELP with this issue?

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend who's account has been suspended for several days now (almost 2 weeks).

It appears that he had multiple accounts which is wrong but he was NEW and couldn't retrieve his first accounts' logins.  And this led him to opening another account (he explained).

He have been trying to get it reinstated but all have been in vain. They keep telling him that the documents he's providing for account verification can't help! I have attached those documents here so you can see, and if it's within your powers,  then PLEASE assist.

I don't remember being asked to produce a "statement" to prove my location, but I do remember ID verification process that included a video call. Perhaps my friend's case is different. But still, if they are asking for his ID and a BANK STATEMENT, then how come these documents didn't help?

If it weren't for his young and precious kids who are really in need and hoping for their dady to get some money soon so they can feed again, I wouldn't be here seeking for a quick solution. My friend was very desperate to find a job sooner to feed his kids that he ended up messing.

And although he was a bit exited that he had landed a fairly rewarding gig (which he completed successfully and his client paid), he's now very dipressed and completely stuck. He can see that the funds are available but he can't get it.

PLEASE HELP my friend if you can. He was only trying to earn a honest income to care for his family. And we can all see from his recent work that he is truly talented. OUR BANK statements doesn't include all the details you are looking for. 

But they do have a company name, address, and everything else necessary, including an official STAMP that shows it's legit. LOOK at the attached documents and see if you can help my friend during these challenging moments.

If it can HELP, here's the link to his account: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you. 

Hi Lydia,

We totally understand why your friend really needs this issue resolved. However, for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer? We'll be more than willing to assist once we received his query.

~ Arjay
Upwork
agandachris
Community Member

Hi I would like to inquire if we can ask for the reactivation of my brother's deleted upwork account? Thank you!

Hi Christopher,

We appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your brother. However, please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask him to contact us directly on any of our social media below? We'll be more than willing to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4e84b59
Community Member

My sister's account was suspended on Friday and she replied directly to the email notifying her of this and has followed up a couple times but hasn't received a response. How long can she expect it to take to receive a response?

k_podziehun
Community Member

The agency member just created an account today and can't log in after logout. says the username is incorrect. please assist asap!! What should I do?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members