🐈
» Forums » Support » How can I report a bug in upwork?
Page options
niraj__rana
Community Member

How can I report a bug in upwork?

Hi Upwork

Can you please tell me how to report a bug?

Thanks

65 REPLIES 65
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Niraj,

Could you please share more information about the bug you'd like to report with us so that we can look into it and escalate it accordingly?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi 
Here is the bug -
Title - "X" is displayed in the middle of the pop-up text.
Steps to reproduce-
1 Log in to the Upwork
2 Click on "Find Work".
3 Click on the "Profile" option.
4 Click on the "Copy link to clipboard" option.
5 Observe the "X" on the pop-up.

Actual Result - "X" is displayed in the middle of the pop-up text.
Expected Result - "X" should be at the end of the text.

Thanks
Niraj Rana

Thank you for following up and flagging this for us, Niraj.

I'll escalate this to the correct team to look into it as soon as possible. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Isn't there some better way on the support.upwork.com instead of the community.upwork.com? 

This doesn't seem the right place to me for bug reporting, anyways, I have one that is extremely annoying and I am trying to report it somehow, but I haven't found a proper way/place/ticketing system. 

More info on the screenshot below.

aleksandaril_0-1642687640150.png

How can one even have some way to follow the status of the bugs reported this way? This is frustrating.

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for flagging this issue. It is a flaw in the current design and is something our engineers are aware of. The good news is they are already working to address it and implement an improvement.

~ Valeria
Upwork

it seems to be an old version of the upwork. it is already upgraded.

839e465c
Community Member

Hello, sorry but I could not find the right place where and how to upload a bug. Please let me know to be able to describe.

Hi Manjola,

Feel free to share your bug report right here in the Community or send me a private message with more information so that I can check.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

Is there any bounty for reporting relevant UI bugs?

Hi Ahmed,

If you'd like to report a bug, please feel free to share more information about it so I can check with the team. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Screenshot_1.png

Please take a look over the red highlighted section, there is a UI-specific issue: the icons are overlapping with the conversation text. Either there has to be a limit to display conversation title and put ... after that or some other option.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. I shared this with our team so we can investigate and improve Upwork's UI moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork
ilicina1
Community Member

ilicina1_0-1645551870211.png

So im experiencing a problem, i cant get paid with "direct to local bank" option and im assuming its beacuse im not able to type my last name the way it is beacuse of wrong validation

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilhan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
692ed283
Community Member

Hi there, 

On my Upwork saved list, there is a weird thing, which I saw. There are 61 jobs that I saved. When I click on "Saved Jobs(61)", it shows "Saved Jobs(40)". A few days ago, I unsaved 5 to 7 jobs; however, those jobs are also displayed in my saved list. I already refreshed so many times, even I changed the browser as well. So, what can I do about that? Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you,

Harshil.

Hi Harshil,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fahadusmanmeer
Community Member

Hi,
I've found an Expanding TextArea Bug in UpWork.

Process to reproduce bug:
1) Click on "Submit Proposal" button for any job.
2) Expand "Cover Letter" text area.

see the video for more details:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fahadusmanmeer
Community Member

Hi

There is an issue with UpWork (Android & iOS) App. There is no way to go on "Saved Job" screen after opening a job description from saved job list.

Here is the video elaborating this issue. Youtube Video Link

Hi Fahad,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
akindayin
Community Member

Hi, I think there is a bug on my Upwork page. Anytime I click on a job, I am unable to submit a proposal. I have reported this through ticket and I was told this is a bug. I am just bothered as to when the issue will be resolved. It's been four days now. I cannot send proposals or accept offers due to this bug. Can anyone on the support fast-tracking the fix? Thanks

Hi Akindayini,

Thank you for your message. I see that our engineers are already working on the flagged issue and one of our team members will respond to the same support ticket as soon as they have an update for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your help. Again, this issue hasn't been resolved yet. The Upwork support has been  helpful and responsive to me but they have not yet been able to resolve my issue. I have gotten a second offer from a new client and I cannot accept it. Another is trying to send me soon. Its tiring trying to explain to them that my account isn't working well. Its been six days since the issue of the bug. Is there anyway to get a definite reply on when it will be fixed or a way around? I am losing clients here. This last six days has been so difficult.

Hi Akindayini,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your ticket.  They'll reach out to you as soon as there's an update.

~ AJ
Upwork
dnn_developer
Community Member

There is a bug on my upwork profile page.  When I click the sorter on my portfolio I receive a 400 error.
My Profile Page:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012d91b50d9a41d354

See attached images.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this report. I'll share this with the team for further checking. One of our agents will also be in touch with you via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
suhailhabib
Community Member

My name also doesn't look right. I think it's a design bug.
suhailhabib_0-1658910524371.png

Hi Chowdhury,

Thank you for your reporting this to us. I'll share this with our team for further checking.

~ AJ
Upwork
559f6a11
Community Member

Login page is broken on Mozilla Firefox desktop version 103.0, has been for about a week. See attached screenshot.Screenshot from 2022-08-05 14-00-35.png

Hi Ruairi,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
16e2eb9b
Community Member

There is a bug when changing the terms of a proposal. When I click the calendar of the due date of a milestone, this null/NaN error shows up:

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-15 at 13.46.04.jpeg

If I let the due date empty, this error shows up when saving the terms:

16e2eb9b_0-1660581861016.png

And the same error shows up if I type the date manually:

16e2eb9b_2-1660582648394.png

I tried it in chrome and firefox

Hi Guilherme,

One of our agents has reached out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
nurdevs
Community Member

Hi, I found a small issue here. I attached the screenshot. The braces are most likely from codes which were not closed corrrectly. upwork-bug.jpg

Hi MD Nur Uddin,

We truly appreciate you reporting this issue here in the community. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team. They will surely review this case and take the necessary actions. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

UI Bug.

hardiksanghavi_0-1662521862354.png

Thanks, Hardik!

I'll forward this to the team so that they can fix it. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I just notice it in the profile section. Proposals section curly bracket forgot to remove.

Kindly have a look into that. May be it's a bug.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths