🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS, Rising Talent and Top Rated
Page options
shahir-usmani
Community Member

JSS, Rising Talent and Top Rated

Need assistance regarding Badges and JSS.

I have earned over $1K within the span of 3 months which is well within 12 months.

Have completed 3 contracts for 2 clients and 1 is on going long term contract for a 3rd client.

For the long term contract; I have successfully completed and been assigned several milestones and being paid this way.

Why I haven't been able to get any Badge OR JSS? I believe I have completed the criteria for at least a JSS display, if not Top Rated, because of the long term client.

They have updated badges recently on March 7, 2021 after my earning surpassed $1K but still no Badge given.

Am I missing something here?

I don't think my clients have given a bad private feedback to Upwork because everything went smooth.

And I also need clarity on the fact that if clients don't even provide a feedback, then how will my performance be assessed? As sometimes clients are working with lots of freelancers and they just move on without giving a feedback.

I have also been applying to other jobs too, to get into good books as Upwork encourage regular applications. But a badge would help in landing a good job.

I would really appreciate someone suggesting me good steps to take for improvement of my profile.

If you have any confusion understanding the post then let me know.

Thank you so much for reading this further.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shahir,

Amongst other factors, long term relationships with your clients can help boost your Job Success Score. Clients you work with for at least three months in the past year and pay you regularly are your long-term clients. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work. I checked the contract you're referring to and it qualifies as a long-term relationship and reflects on the long-term status on your My Stats page.

While the Testimonials do not affect your JSS, they're a great way to showcase endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. 

You may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you enhance your Profile: 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahir,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you’ll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have 3 completed but the 4th contract is a long term on going work.

If I am a little short on number of contracts but have a long term contract then will this count positively towards acquiring a JSS?

What steps should I take to get something substantial displayed on my profile?

Should I end the long term contract and open a new one? This will create confusion for my client and I don't want that as I am still building up my reputation here.

Does outside-client's testimonial count? Because I have been freelancing before I was on Upwork. I have one testimonial already.

Thanks

Hi Shahir,

Amongst other factors, long term relationships with your clients can help boost your Job Success Score. Clients you work with for at least three months in the past year and pay you regularly are your long-term clients. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work. I checked the contract you're referring to and it qualifies as a long-term relationship and reflects on the long-term status on your My Stats page.

While the Testimonials do not affect your JSS, they're a great way to showcase endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. 

You may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you enhance your Profile: 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members