🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Percentage of Sucess not increasing
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Percentage of Sucess not increasing

Hello Upwork Team,

My success percentage is not moving, I have completed 4 successful projects in the last week all with a 5-star rating and one with a bonus from the client too. but my percentage is not moving up. it is 96% since then.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,125 REPLIES 1,125
petra_r
Community Member

Eko R wrote:

hello petra, i have similar problem, at first i have 100% JSS, and few minutes ago my profile shows 99%, but i don't do any other work with under 5 stars, do you know the problem?

Public feedback (the stars) is pretty much irrelevant. Private feedback is what affects the JSS.

I wouldn't worry though. 99% is excellent.

all of my client interaction, even after the contract ends, has been lovely and none have given me reason to believe that they could give such negative feedback. what can I do to get a better understanding of private client feedback? 

You likely received poor private feedback from more than one client. And the JSS is dollar-weighted. It seems that the outcome of the 300$ contract was not great. The public feedback is less than stellar, and public feedback tends to be higher than private feedback.

Please, consider this:

• Some clients left no feedback.
  • You got very few contracts with feedback given. A poor outcome hurts more when you are new. It also happened to me when I joined this site. My first JSS was 78% but rose to 86% after one week. It took me around two-three months to get a +90% JSS.
  • 379 USD is 60% percent of 628 USD. That may give you an idea of what happened with your JSS.
  • Be careful when accepting new contracts and choose your clients very thoughtfully.
  • Keep delivering good work. Clients can sometimes be very unpredictable. You have to be selective.
  • Do not give up and try to get long-term clients.

I had no idea the jss was dollar rated, wow. thank you, and honestly, here's hoping I figure this out soon. 

hadjer997
Community Member

Why do I have a 77% JSS while still having 5 star ratings in all of my jobs ?

hamzappc
Community Member

Hey upwork community

As you can see from the screenshot my jss is 89% ( unfortunately i got a negative review and my rating went to 86% but then I completed 5-6 jobs with 5 stars in total I completed 8 jobs with 5 star ) but my jss is stuck at 89%

Anyone tell me why its stuck ? As you can see clients are recommending me and leaving a positive response at backend

Thanks
vteck_solution
Community Member

Hi. I was top rated 2 months ago but thn suddenly without doing anything my JSS decreased to 85% thn it went to 86 and now again it is updated and became 84%. I am not understanding why is this happening. I am completing all the jobs with good reveiews and good feedbacks from clients during the job and afterwards as well. It just makes me so upset seeing this. Can you please guide me on where I am lacking or why is this happening.? 

e5e37caa
Community Member

I just got awarded my Top Rated badge the other day with a consistent 100% JSS. When I checked yesterday, JSS went down to 89% without any new feedbacks and all my previous ones were 5 stars. It's been 89% since I got the badge. What can I do? I haven't got anyone on the support team and the Facebook team is no help too.
gilberojerwin
Community Member

I've completed 2 jobs, one with a 5 stars ratings and the other one is with no given feedback but my JSS is not changing still 59%?

3551afb1
Community Member

I started using upwork since April 02, 2021 ( It is my first freelancer experience). It's just 3 months. I made few jobs. But, recently on 27 I got my JSS, it's 69%. From July 1st got some job invitations ( on average 3 for two days ). But, now I don't even get any and not even my proposals are called for interview. I know JSS is a key factor.

Right now. Please help me to solve this crisis as it is my only job.

Can I do something to make my proposals atleast reach the eyes of clients.

And to improve my JSS to 90%+. ( As my job requirements states 90% or Raising talent )

I already asked one of my client ( he is also a freelancer on his own ), but I need some suggestions to move.

Thank you for sparing your time.

raorehan733
Community Member

Hello There,
I need two bits of help Please,

1. For the past month, my job success score is stuck at 96%. In my stats, It's showing the Last updated Jun 27. But it did not update on Jun 27 it is still 96% as it was before 27 Jun. and I successfully completed two jobs in 14 days, before Jun 27.

2. Upwork feed is not showing the latest job I cleared my cookies and reset the save search. But stills the same problem.

basictechy
Community Member

I recently started taking my Upwork account seriously and have worked really hard to keep all ratings 5 stars. I just got my JSS and it says 86% which is great for a start. Unfortunately, my first poor rating from a client came in too which I completed my work for. 

Is there a way to remove this rating?

Andrew Ben R wrote:

I recently started taking my Upwork account seriously and have worked really hard to keep all ratings 5 stars. I just got my JSS and it says 86% which is great for a start. Unfortunately, my first poor rating from a client came in too which I completed my work for. 

Is there a way to remove this rating?

Wow, a client from hell. I would asked Upwork to look into his profile. He has been busy distroying freelancer's reputations in the past few weeks. I am wondering how many have refunded him to make the feedback go away.

The quickest solution would be a refund, but it might not be the smartest.

I would ask the client with the hourly contract in progress to leave a feedback on the open contract. Take you time to identify other clients that are looking for someone with your qualification and do not rush into a new job. This often backfires and you become more vulnerable each time.

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't mind doing refund thou as long as this rating can go away. It makes all my effort mean nothing. 
Can I ask for feedback from ongoing hourly work?

Andrew Ben R wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't mind doing refund thou as long as this rating can go away. It makes all my effort mean nothing. 
Can I ask for feedback from ongoing hourly work?

The client has 21 hired but only 14 show up in his history. I think it is quite possible that other freelancers have refunded him in the past.

You can request feedback on contracts with a payment in the past 30 days. Just go to the contract on the feedback tab and request a feedback.

Jennifer R wrote:

The client has 21 hired but only 14 show up in his history. I think it is quite possible that other freelancers have refunded him in the past.

20 do.

14 ended contracts plus 6 "in progress"

Edited because I was looking at the wrong tab and a different job post/client profile.

Jennifer R wrote:You can request feedback on contracts with a payment in the past 30 days. Just go to the contract on the feedback tab and request a feedback.

Probably pretty pointless. They only show in the "in progress" tab most clients wouldn't usually look at or even find and they do not affect the JSS.

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

20 do.

I only see 8 ended contracts plus the 6 in progress. Here do you see the other 6?

Jennifer R wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

20 do.

I only see 8 ended contracts plus the 6 in progress. Here do you see the other 6?

You're absolutely right I was on a different tab with a different situation altogether LOL!

Editing my post now

gracie_cairn
Community Member

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to Upwork--that is, I signed up in March, but have only had four contracts. Three of the clients gave me great reviews and five stars . . . the fourth gave me five stars, but no public review. I logged on two days ago planning to write more proposals, and found to my horror that my JSS was 75%. I was very confused about this, but then I noticed that the five stars from the fourth client had gone. Is it possible for a client to leave five stars, then come back later, change the rating, and give horrible private feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Sarah M wrote:

I was very confused about this, but then I noticed that the five stars from the fourth client had gone. Is it possible for a client to leave five stars, then come back later, change the rating, and give horrible private feedback?

No, the horrible private feedback would have been left at the time of closing the contract. Did the client end the contract or did you? Are you sure you actually saw 5 stars for that contract on your profile, rather than in your list of completed contracts (where you see the feedback you left for the client, not the feedback you received, for some weird reason).

Were there any cancelled or fully refunded contracts?

Clients can't change their feedback unless you allow them to do so, but they can request to have it removed.

How very strange. Yes, I'm sure I saw the five stars--the client even mentioned that she had given me that. I suppose she could have left a negative private review at the time--she was a bit peculiar. I think there was some miscommunication about what she was expecting and the service I provided.

No canceled or fully refunded contracts.

3551afb1
Community Member

I got my jss on June 27 for first time, today it is showing me that last updated is July 11, meanwhile from June 27 to July 11 I have finished 3 new contracts. But, my jss is not chaged. It is neither decreased nor increased.
Can someone please explain this to me. I am new to upwork.
petra_r
Community Member

Bhava Sagar P wrote:
 It is neither decreased nor increased.
Can someone please explain this to me. I am new to upwork.

This happens every time it updates.

Don't even **LOOK** at it until late evening UTC because the JSS doesn't fully update for everyone until then, whatever it says on the My Stats page.

Hi Sagar, Do you see increase in your client who would recomend you stats? My JSS increased to 89 from 79 when that stat changed to 75 from 60.
088622ad
Community Member

I’m getting 2 JSS figures in my profile page and the stats section

Hi Achini,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for your Job Success Score to be updated correctly on all parts of your profile. It should be updated in the next 24 hours. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
088622ad
Community Member

And I need to clarify the reasons behind my low JSS.
088622ad
Community Member

Hi,

I'm not getting any new message notifications from my clients. This is rather disappointing since I lose my clients because of this. Please look into this matter and resolve it. I would appreciate it if you can let my clients know that this is a technical fault from your side.

Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Achini,

Could you please clarify if you’re referring to desktop notifications for Upwork Desktop App or push notifications on your mobile? You may want to check the notification settings. But also please note that notifications are only sent for unread messages, so if you have Messages open somewhere in the browser, it may register new messages as read and therefore not send notifications.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I don't understand why my jss has not updated for the last one month ( 4 weeks). Kindly help me. It's 88% from the last 4 weeks.

workwithzee
Community Member

I received a 5 star review before the recent JSS update. Yet my JSS wasn’t updated.
Please why did this happen?

Immaculata M wrote:
I received a 5 star review before the recent JSS update. Yet my JSS wasn’t updated.
Please why did this happen?

You don't seem to have any contracts that ended since the last update, so there won't be any change.

My Contract ended on June 27th 2021 after the JSS had been updated for the
week on the same day. So I wasn’t expecting an update until July 11 2021
which is today. And my JSS still wasn’t updated
henry-rabach
Community Member

Hi,

I've completed and have 5 stars on all of the few jobs I've done with good reviews, however my job success score is "low" affecting my ability to get other jobs for a long time now. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Henry R wrote:  I've completed and have 5 stars on all of the few jobs I've done with good reviews, however my job success score is "low" affecting my ability to get other jobs for a long time now. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Private feedback. 

Just about everyone has nearly all 5 star feedback. The *average* public feedback on the site is 4.9.

So the public feedback is pretty irrelevant, what counts for the JSS is private feedback. 

As your profile is set to private, that's pretty much all anyone can say at this stage because we can't see your history.

I'd set my profile to private, it's now public.

Henry R wrote:

I'd set my profile to private, it's now public.

Basically one of your client sleft poor private feedback.

You need to try and walk away from the super-cheap clients and jobs. 

Cheap clients are as mean with their feedback as they are with their money. The better clients will also question your skills if they see you take on stuff like the jobs you have accepted.

I was just starting out so I couldn't get big jobs, now I can't get others.

Thanks though, I understand now.

ammar1107
Community Member

Hello,
I'm relatively new to Upwork and got my JSS yesterday. It's pretty low at 73%. I know why. Its because of the first job I took on, I couldn't take out enough time to do it and ended up returning the entire cash plus wasting the client's time. After that, I have tried very hard to make sure my work is up to the client's standard at least! And I only have 5-star reviews after that bad start.

But my JSS is really low and I read somewhere Upwork might close your account if the JSS is low. That worries me! Is that true?

Plus how long will I have to work before that bad review stops being so influential. Can I ever be top-rated now, or is that just out of the question? It was a 150$ budget job. 

mostafamahim
Community Member

Hi.

My job success is now 80%. For that, I have been not getting any invitations last 1 week. Totally disappointed.

Can anyone let me know how the job success will be increased?

Waiting for your comment.

Thank you.

Mostafa Mahim.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members