🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I've had two clients write testimonials for me and they are valid and are my clients but I received emails telling me that they have been rejected. Please look into this issue for me because they are my true clients have been working with them. Regards Ashley

Hi Ashley,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
writing-heart
Community Member

Hi,

How long does it take for testimonial request to be approved?

Hi Sumera,

While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thankyou.
1ae6d40f
Community Member

I need to change the LinkedIn profile link for a testimonial request, how do I edit this? I don't see a way to do it.

Hi Brian,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Excellent, I appreciate the quick response!
nina-silvester
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and in the process of finalising my profile. I received an email from the Upwork team to say one of my testimonial's had been rejected based on "not sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid."

I provided the Upwork team with my client's linkedIn profile and work email. How can I get this corrected? Has anyone else had this problem? I tried to go to the Help Centre and the contact link does not work on the website?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Nina

Thanks for your question, Nina. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I understand this, however I provided a
legitimate contact email and linkedIn profile. My client is the co-founder
of **Edited for Community Guidelines**in Australia. So I do not understand how this is not enough
information? What more do you need?

Regards,
Nina

748b48af
Community Member

Hi! I sent two endorsement requests to my contacts. They have already provided their endorsements through the email links UpWork sent to their emails. But I haven't received yet any of these endorsements. Why?

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Nikola
Upwork
antoine_plante
Community Member

I sent a testimonial request to a client, but put my name instead of theirs. How can I change that?

Thanks!

Hi Antoine,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kelsey__c
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to send a previous client the invitation to post a review on my profile, however, she doesn't have a LinkedIn. Is there some other way you guys can verify her info? Could I put her Youtube channel that I helped her out with instead?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelsey,

Currently, they'll have to have a LinkedIn account. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kirillvdov
Community Member

I wanted to ask for non-UpWork testimonials. There are 4 projects done for 1 client. Your request form doesn't inform that I need to either put all-in-one request or be limited by 1 testimonial per 1 client. It makes no sense. How can I, as an UpWork beginner now get 3 more testimonials from an outside client? I can't even withdraw my request to correct it! It's nonsence and lacking of information...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kirill,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
54f4199c
Community Member

Hi there, a previous client of mine wrote me a testimonial, and he submitted it a couple of weeks ago; and he received an email to submit the testimonial again, which he did, yet I still haven't heard from Upwork about the testimonial.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the testimonial request you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ma_cristinab
Community Member

June 2020, I sent a request for a testimonial to my client but she can't find the email link so I resort to asking a testimonial to another platform. This client and I work again this year and after the project I asked for a testimonial but I can't send another one because of the pending request last year. Is it possible to remove the previous request so I can send a new one?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ma Cristina,

I shared your concern with the team and they've just removed your previous Testimonial request. You may go ahead and send the new one whenever you like.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Big thanks!

eloghosa_ihaza
Community Member

A former employer of mine gave a testimonial about 9 days ago, but it's still pending to date. Please why is that?

Hi Eloghosa,

Thanks for reaching out about your testimonial submission. Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay!

~ Bojan
Upwork

10 working days right?

Let see.......

zeeshan_faheem
Community Member

Hello!

I have recently joined Upwork as a freelancer, but I am an experienced professional. I have been working on building up my profile for around 2 weeks.

Last week I extensively pursued my past clients to give me feedback via Upwork's feature to get testimonials. All of them are pending for approval at Upwork's end.

I desperately need the testimonials 'now' on my profile to get started.

I have been working on my portfolio and profile description and will post them in a day or 2. Then I will only have to wait for the testimonials to get approved by Upwork.

Can Upwork verify them at the earliest?

I do not plan to start without the testimonials to avoid reliability concerns from the potential clients here.

Hi Zeeshan,

Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4bc8edaa
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 
I submitted a testimonial request but my client not yet received an email from Upwork. How long does it take for Upwork to process the request?

Hi Muneeb,

Could you please confirm if your client checked their junk/spam folder to see if the email was sent there? After your client responds to your Testimonial request, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
4bc8edaa
Community Member

Yes, he checked his spam and junk folder but didn't find any email regarding the Upwork testimonial.

Hi Muneeb,

Thanks for confirming. I've escalated your concern to the team and they will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
4bc8edaa
Community Member

Thank you for your response. But how much time it takes?

shoaibshoaib20
Community Member

How to provide evidence of work. I want to add my testimonial But every time I got a reply of does not have sufficient evidence of work. How to solve this.

Thanks

Hi Mushtaq,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
985cf34e
Community Member

Hi,
I have requested testimonial from my non upwork client and he accpeted the request and submitted his remarks. But it is not visible on my upwork profile. It is written that "Your testimonial request to (Client) is pending". Can someone guide me about it?

Hi Sohaib,

Thanks for reaching out about your testimonial submission -- we are happy to learn that you're finding value in this feature. Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Goran
Upwork
lucianabass
Community Member

Hello, 

I have two questions concerning non-Upwork testimonials:

1- My client is more than willing to write a testimonial for me. However, I am not sure he has a business email address. Can I just use his personal email address? 

2- His LinkedIn account is brand new, will that affect the process? 

Many thanks.

L.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members