🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile views: 0
Page options
deepgagan
Community Member

Top Rated Freelancer Profile Discovered ZERO Times

Hello Upwork,

I have always remained a top rated freelancer , but after the latest changes to Upwork connect program. Upwork has stopped showing my profile to potential clients. Hence, reduced the chances of getting job invitations.

My profile was discovered ZERO times from more than one more, it has never happened in 10+ years I have been on Upwork. Even, I am not getting any replies on the jobs I am applying which was not the case before the changes in Upwork connects. I am only applying to jobs which are highly relevant to my core skills.

Has upwork put any kind of restrictions on my Upwork profile. Please suggest.

Thanks

70 REPLIES 70
chrisprince
Community Member

Hi Gagandeep,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.  I've been experiencing the same thing.  Suddenly finding it impossible to get hired.  

I don't have a top rated ranking (i thought that might be the problem) but I do have a 100 JSS.  I've talked to at least two other freelancers who have top rated but are suddenly getting 0 jobs.

I also see that my profile has been viewed 0 times since the beginning of August.

You're not alone but I wish I could offer some kind of solution.  Very worrying

Hi Everyone

I seen last days , I had a well amount of profile discovers, but today I couldn't found any profile discover, I request you all to check my stats & let me know about this, I think there is an issue! 

Everyone help will be appreciable!

It's obviously a bug.

It's happened before.

a bug.jpg

With respect Petra, I don't think it's that obvious that it's a bug.  My profile views for July-Aug were between 2 and 4 per week.  My profile views are now a steady zero.

edit:  Ah, just read some of the later posts.  Confirmed bug.  I stand corrected.

Hey, Muhammad!

Definitely see your profile, so it doesn't appear to be blocked.  However, I have the same issue:  at the beginning of September I was averaging four "discoveries" per week, and now I'm at zero.  Like the rest of you, I'm not sure what's going on here. . . .

Update:  Yes, Goran responded a day or two ago with the fact that this is a known bug, and it doesn't affect whether or not clients can see you.  Don't worry about it!  🙂 

i am wondering my profile view stats were between 7 to 18 every week now they are nill and upwork is also not showing my previous views count what is this problem do let me know whats happening

Hi Naveed,
Same here & we can consider it as a bug.
Hope Upwork Engineers are working on it thanks.

#upwork #community (the bug is cause me nervous and worried about my profile)

please, anyone can tell me a solution to that (my basic motivation is gone now because I can't see who is seeing my account.

It happens sometimes (every few weeks).

Naveed I wrote:

#upwork #community (the bug is cause me nervous and worried about my profile)

there is nothing to worry about. Nothing to be nervous about. It's just a little bug

Naveed I wrote:

please, anyone can tell me a solution to that

Wait until it's fixed.

Naveed I wrote:

#(my basic motivation is gone now because I can't see who is seeing my account.

You can not ever see "who" is looking at your profile, and how many people look at it is irrelevant. All that matter is how many people actually *HIRE* you.

If you lose all motivation over somnething as insignificant, freelancing isn't for you.

I had the data available last night, and today it just flatlined (literally).

1. Is this something to do with my account
  2. Is my account being impacted in terms of discovery or any other way?

Hi Vipul, 

This q has been asked recently by a number of people on another thread.

1.  This is a known bug and several people have had this confirmed by UP mods

2. very. good.  question

The one I found is from March '18. Is this the one you were referring to?

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Profile-stats-profile-views-bug/td-p/496443

Or is there another thread I am missing?

Sometimes it's best to do a forum search before posting - your post will be merged with this one.

It's a known bug: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Profile-views-drop/td-p/621512

Latest posts are from today.

Thanks Virginia, I'll follow the discussion there.

I have raised a ticket for the same. So I'll probably get a reply from Upwork directly too.

No point creating a ticket, if it is a site-wide bug it will just get fixed for everyone (eventually).

No, the bug clearly doesn't stop people seeing your profile, it just erased the display of how many views (from searches) you had which is utterly irrelevant anyway because it excludes views from proposals anyway, so it is a random number with absolutely no useful purpose whatsoever at all in any way, shape or form.

Thanks, I guess I'll not be pursuing this at priority then

..you had which is utterly irrelevant anyway because it excludes views from proposals anyway, so it is a random number with absolutely no useful purpose whatsoever at all in any way, shape or form.

This is a bit off topic but I am relatively new to the platform and had views increase every time I increased the frequency of proposals. If proposal views don't add up to this stat then why would 20-30 people search specifically for me (An almost unknown FL)?

Vipul N wrote:

Thanks, I guess I'll not be pursuing this at priority then

..you had which is utterly irrelevant anyway because it excludes views from proposals anyway, so it is a random number with absolutely no useful purpose whatsoever at all in any way, shape or form.

This is a bit off topic but I am relatively new to the platform and had views increase every time I increased the frequency of proposals. If proposal views don't add up to this stat then why would 20-30 people search specifically for me (An almost unknown FL)?

None of them search for you personally. They search for whatever you are selling and stumble across your profile that way because it is displayed.

The number of times a profile is viewed is more or less irrelevant. You don't get paid for profile viwes, you get paid for being hired. 1 profile view that results in a $ 1000 contract is worth a lot more than 1000 profile views which result in a $ 10 contract.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi All,

Just to confirm that Petra is correct and we have a known issue with the profile views stats. 

While the stats will show 0, you will still appear in search results and clients can invite you to their job posts.
Our team is working on resolving this as soon as possible, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Why did I get a ticket? I didn't ask to create a ticket, when the bug is fixed, it will be fixed for everyone and I don't even ever look at that thing...

florydev
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Why did I get a ticket? I didn't ask to create a ticket, when the bug is fixed, it will be fixed for everyone and I don't even ever look at that thing...

That is tremendously funny.

hey, free ticket Smiley Tongue

Hi Goran,

Can you please tell if Upwork has put any kind of restriction on my profile or on the proposals I am submitting for various jobs. I used to get job invitations regularly and also had good success rate with my proposals before the new paid connect system was launched.

Thanks
Gagan

Hi Gagandeep,

I checked your account and can confirm that everything is working as designed. You don't have any restrictions or holds on your account and the proposals you`re sending. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello.
I hope you are having a great day.
I had an issue this morning.

Although my profile views were decreasing day by day but the graph was showing the views per week, but suddenly all of my views per week are completely 0.

I have been using Upwork since  a month and my profile views are all 0.

I had profile views per week to 12-14 in 3 weeks prior, but graph is now completely null.

Can someone tell me the issue in this?

Hi,

I am a freelancer and love working on upwork,but suddenly my profile views decreases to zero, which were going great yesterday when i checked. I dont know what happend. Also i am concerned about that if it has any effect on when i submitted a proposal i.e if a proposal doesnt show to client?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Regards,

Osama

Osama K wrote:

Hi,

I am a freelancer and love working on upwork,but suddenly my profile views decreases to zero, which were going great yesterday when i checked. I dont know what happend. Also i am concerned about that if it has any effect on when i submitted a proposal i.e if a proposal doesnt show to client?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Regards,

Osama

Did you read this thread at all? It's a known bug. 

Sorry new at this communty posting thing.

So what now?When will be this bug gonna be alright?do you have any idea?

Hi Osama,

Unfortunately, we don't have the ETA at the moment but can confirm our team is investigating user reports and treating it as a priority. I'd also like to clarify that there are no issues with how freelancer profiles and proposals are displayed on the clients' side.

We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused and we'll follow up with an update when we have more information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for clearing things out 🙂

Hey Goran, 

Could I ask you to look at my profile as well please?  I'd just like to confirm that my views are also bugged.

Thanks in advance

global_lau
Community Member

Hello, fellow freelancers,

I'm feeling very demotivated. I'm an English/Spanish translator, a qualified, excellent one! But relatively new to the platform.

I keep applying for jobs constantly, I have a 100% complete profile: portfolio, picture, experience, even vídeo!, description, specialized profile. I got a job from an older client, who left me 5 stars and a great review. I also took the readiness test, which I passed.

FYI, translation jobs on my language pair can get between 10-20 applications within minutes! Which is why I'm constantly checking.

I send personalized applications, which takes me a couple of minutes. I take the time to read the customer's proposal, but I don't think my application gets seen at all!

Now, I check my stats and i get 0 (zero) views for the last few weeks (all of them, even when I'm applying for jobs).

It's very frustrating and discouraging. I took webinars from the upwork platform, went to a local upwork hudle on how to improve my profile, made the specialized one, I lowered my rate more than 50%... I keep loosing my connects to jobs that get closed, or where the customer doesn't send not even one invite, or interview not one person.... what's going on? What am I doing wrong??

Someone even reccommended me to pay the "premium" upwork fee, but this is SO not working that I feel that, if I'm not even getting views, why would I even pay??? how much more money should I loose? Should I call it quits??

Any advice is more than welcome and appreciated.

Regards to all!

Lau

I can understand your frustration but as for zero profile views, it's a known bug:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Top-Rated-Freelancer-Profile-Discovered-ZERO-Times/m-p/6...

Thank you very much for your answer, Maria. As much as your answer clarifies part of my doubts, it doesn't make me feel any more motivated, less frustrated or discouraged but even more.... so, now I know that upwork is taking my money and my time!!!, Why am I wasting my connects, no longer for free, when I'm not going to be considered for jobs or even seen... this is mad.... I joined upwork for its reputitation, and now.... it's "stealing" from me??? Am I going to get any of my connects back???

I don't mind doing MY job, searching for jobs, improving my profile, writing custom proposals, etc, etc but when all of my efforts are SO ABSOLUTELY IN VAIN what else is there to do??? I can't be happy by a response like this....who can I turn to, then.... is there any Customer Care or "Freelancer Care"??

Laura R wrote:

Now, I check my stats and i get 0 (zero) views for the last few weeks

I keep loosing my connects to jobs that get closed, or where the customer doesn't send not even one invite, or interview not one person.... what's going on? What am I doing wrong??

Apart from the bug that affects profile views, I suggest you proofread your profile overview, it contains a few mistakes and awkward sentence structure issues. Also, a lot of clients will be seriously turned off by this:

"*I reserve the right to include any translated work in my translation portfolio or show it as a sample to potential clients unless discussed otherwise before starting the job.*"

This is not how it works on Upwork, it's the other way around... the second the work is paid for, all rights (including the right to put any of it anywhere) pass to the client unless specifically agreed otherwise on the outset. So, you may make an agreement with clients during the interview stage but that's it, and the whole thing is potentially problematic anyway as a translation makes little sense without the original source text and you'd have to have permission from the rights owner for that (and arguably the translation anyway)

If you are struggling anyway, it might be best to remove that phrase, as it is meaningless anyway, and take it up with clients at the interview stage.

Thank you for your answer, Petra, and for taking the time to read my profile!!. I really appreciate it.

Being English my second language, my profile is likely to contain some mistakes. However the jobs I apply to are from English INTO Spanish, in which case, I know I don't make any. I will proofread it, but it would be very helpful if you could point any of the mistakes out as an example. 

In regards to how "it works on upwork" at this moment, apparently it is all about the money... for them. Setting a price per connects, when their side of the job is not even working??!!!, Are we going to get those connects reimbursed??? Is there a customer care that I can turn to so I can solve this problem? (And I don't mean the bug, but the invested money... and TIME!! This is all so frustrating! 

Also, as much as I found all these many resources to help me, upwork webinars, posts, etc. I took my time to follow every single piece of advice, etc, I never found the help of any UPWORK representative to help me sort things like this out.... I feel very alone, because it feels I'm the only one not getting jobs....

I will remove that phrase  you mentioned... but I can tell you for sure, that I got the idea from a top rated profile with thousands of dollars already billed. So, I'm guessing it will not make a big difference, specially, because if you look at my portfolio, I only put very short paragraphs there. I'd never dare using the whole text, because it is very clear in my mind that I'm here to help my customer, not to steal from them or cause them any harm. 

Anyways, thanks again for your help. It means a lot.

You are right about the money and connects part.

I am also thinking that our proposals which we sent out for the jobs ,the client does not see, Which is causing us money and connects both. Who is responsible? 

Thank you Osama. Do you think I'm wrong about something else? Would you have any suggestions or corrections as Petra did for me? Cheers!

You are doing gerat. Also your profile is 100% which is good.

Point is you are new here and feels alone but when you spent more time here,then you will notice that things will sort out on thier own. Some points on which you and I both agree about Upwork. Hope things will sort out in the future for both of us.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members