🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » WHy my job sucess score are not update after ...
Page options
7a057797
Community Member

Low JSS

Hello, I was working on Upwork for about 2 months, having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

- How can I overcome this problem as it destroyed my profile, reaching out to new clients became hard (I only have two long term clients, who came before this problem, how can I harness them to overcome the problem)

Thanks in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3a49d474
Community Member

...having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Public feedback does not affect JSS. But the private feedback does. Your JSS is low because the clients(Probably the projects ended with 4.5 and 4.7 stars) haven't given you good private feedback.  

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score 

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

No

View solution in original post

641 REPLIES 641
458d419c
Community Member

I want to ask what could be this affect to my profile? Does no feedback given better than 4.65 Reviews?

Does this affect my JSS? And can I remove this since I am a Top Rated now?
- what would I do?
- I dont want to lose my Top Rated Badge because of this contract
- contract only $10 project

Let me know what is the best I can do

Hi Jelly Ann,

Your rating is actually good. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how your score is calculated here. If you still prefer to request feedback removal, you can read this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ee22a2b7
Community Member

My job success score had fallen to 84% 3 weeks ago after I finished a contract (with a female client from Canada) with a bad review. And then, I also lost my "Top Rated" badge.

I have tried to talk to her about this problem and finally managed to contact her last week.

She admitted that there was a misunderstanding and she had made a mistake.

Then she asked the Upwork team immediately to change her review on my profile and it was changed to 5.00 after a few hours.

I expected that there must be a positive change on my Job success score by the end of last week, but there isn't any sign yet.

What do I have to do next? I have been losing many clients for 3 weeks due to this problem and I really hope to solve this problem ASAP.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sorry to hear this, I hope this problem no one faces and your problems gets solved very soon.

Similar issue with me and I talked to my client why you rate like that and he changes rating but didn't reflect in jss till now even though it's 5 weeks

oscar-dev
Community Member

From what I have read, a JSS update (Every two Sundays) would have occured on the 17th of this month. On the 16th of this month, a client left me feedback. My JSS should have updated the next day since it was a Sunday that fell on the "every two weeks JSS update" schedule (from what I have read). My JSS score remains unchanged. This project was such a large percentage of my past year's income on here that it is impossible that his feedback (no matter what it was) would have left my score unchanged. Did how the JSS score work "change" yet again? Or is it somehow possible he accidentally only left public feedback and no private feedback?

rudolf_sarah
Community Member

I haven't worked on Upwork in about a year. When I came back two weeks ago, I was still top rated with a score of 95%. I got a new job right away that I'm currently working on.

When I checked my profile today, my rate was suddenly down to 43% I have worked for 3,514 hours and on 210 different jobs. I went through all of my reviews and pretty much all of them are 5 stars. There was one 2.75 review, but that's the only negative one, so I don't understand if and how this could have affected my score so severely?

I'm gutted because I will never get hired again with such a terrible score.

Hi Sarah,

I am sorry to hear about the drop in your Job Success Score. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated. Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is 6-months and one day old. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

- Pradeep
Upwork
hasan_acca
Community Member

My JSS score is showing 50% but recently I have completed 1 Job and get 5 star. One more thing happened, one client hired me and he did not asign any task but ended contract.  But now I am facing this issue 50% JSS. Could any one please help to solve this issue?

Hi Md H,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that Job Success Scores reflect many factors, such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

- Pradeep
Upwork
86894b31
Community Member

My JSS before the recent update of Mar 29 was 88% and I was working hard to be above 90% finally I got a job and finished it on Mar 24 in a perfect way and with good feedback even the client gave me a bonus and I was hoping like the last time I got a good job like this my JSS would increase two points but It didn't now my JSS remains 88% even after I got a positive job

I'm very frustrated because I was holding all my hops to increase my JSS in the recent update and I deserved

I hope someone in charge at Upwork helps with that

Hi Sayed,

Please know that your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows, and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.
~ Joanne
Upwork
24960ca4
Community Member

Please I really need help 

my job success score dropped from 100 to 78 without any project completion but now it 2 weeks since I completed another project and got 5star review but there is no change in job success score 

please there is a problem 

Upwork updates JSS once in two weeks on Sundays. There will be an update in few hours.. May by you check yours after 24 hrs.

4f39b91c
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

This is about the drop in my JSS. I've been  doing pretty good here on Upwork for the past few months and that's the reason my JSS increased to 96% in those few months.

However, as the JSS has been updated now - I am seeing a drop directly to 86%. I have no idea where I am going wrong as I've done quite good jobs and getting good reviews too. I got only one average rating/feedback in the last few projects I have completed where the others a good. Plus, I've been receiving good amount of direct messages from the client and a few invitations for jobs too. Okay, I was expecting a drop to maybe 1-2% as that's fine for me (as I am not able to focus that much) but seeing a drop of 10% has stressed me out and my mood has been completely off as in my opinion I've been doing good. 

Can anyone please explain what did I do wrong? How do I get my JSS back to the original percentage? I know by completing jobs is the way to do it but noticing the JSS I don't think I'll be able to get the clients that easily. 

Thank You 

dhaninfo
Community Member

I have my profile with no recent bad reviews with all good reviews, but I'm still unable to see my JSS improving. Request someone from Upwork to look into it, as my proposals are not going through. 

They have technical issues with jss 😌 we have to wait till it fix

Hello Upwork, I'm feeling really frustrated right now. Yesterday, my job success score was at a high of 96%, but today, it's plummeted to 87% without any completed jobs or received feedback. It's really disheartening, especially since my Top Rated Eligible Week 8 just began. I'm struggling to grasp why this sudden drop occurred. Can you please shed some light on why my JobSuccess score has taken such a hit?

Thanks in advance. Muhammad ismail 

They have technical issue with jss...we have to wait for fix

Hi Sarvesh,

Job Success Scores reflect many factors, such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.
~ Joanne
Upwork
dhaninfo
Community Member

Please let me know the last time it updated for me. I don't see it change since last month. 

abdur_rub_shahid
Community Member

Client Message me first. Discussed some requirements and send me contract. i accepted it and he cancelled it again because he got mistake that I am in same timezone of him. My JSS score got impacted. Can somebody review?

Hi Abdur,

I’m sorry to hear about your score drop, but we're afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

- Pradeep
Upwork
fbacf176
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Support team!
Thank you for your hard work everyday!

I have serious problem!

My Job success is 43 %

While working at Upwork so far, I got the 3 contracts.

2 contracts have ended sucessfully and I am working on 1 contract.

I satisfied CLIENT with my faithful and perfect work

Also, I got the feed back from two clients.

FIrst Client : 5

Second Client : 4.45

I can prove my work! 

But, why JOB SUCCESS is 43%?

Please review again Support Team!

Sincerely,

Ryotaro.

Hi Ryotaro,

I’m sorry to hear about your score drop, but we're afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

- Pradeep
Upwork
fbacf176
Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

I understand.

Thank you for your reply.

Singcerely,

Ryotaro.

cac90ba2
Community Member

Hello community! I had 100% job sucesss rate in my first two completed jobs, where I got 5 star ratings with good reviews.

I have two in progress project.
Now, I am seeing that my JSS is 71%, is there anything wrong? I would like to know...

Try to send a message to ''Help and Support'' , something may be wrong. 

Hi Md Ariful,

I understand that you're disappointed by your score decline, but please be advised that we are unable to provide feedback on individual scores or the specific influence of contracts on them. Numerous factors, including private and public feedback, the monetary value of completed projects, and the duration of client relationships, contribute to your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

- Pradeep
Upwork
efe3c1fa
Community Member

My JSS Is calculated Wrong. As i have all rating of 5 my JSS was 100 and it dropped to 67 ??

26d426e7
Community Member

The total 5 star rating I have on my profile is 9 out of 11 in to completed jobs 

the other ratings are 4.85 and 4.45(which I got recently) 

but according to the calculations it is not possible that JSS can be dropped by 12% I want to know how this happened 

I my rising talent badge is removed as well, There was 6 7 days left in getting the top rated badge on my profile and this happened

Can someone please help 

Earning from 5 star rating = $211
Earning from 4.45 rating = $60
Earning from 4.85 rating = $25

Hello Muhammad. 

The JSS dropped because you're receiving both - public score and private one. 

So the dropping JSS is reason may be the private feedbacks, that we can't see. 

I would recommend you to contract to the Upwork official support. To see if the feedback removal feature available for your profile or it is only for Top Rated freelancers ( I don't remember this ). If so, you can ask to remove one of the private or full feedbacks. 

If no, then you just need to continue doing great job and earning 5 stars by clients in both private and public feedbacks. 

I hope this helps. 

Hi Lilit, 
I understand the private feedback also matters but I had 9 positive fedbacks before that so including this I have 10 reviews and 9/10 are positive and lets just say for an example the client gave me 1/10 private feedback (which I think is not possible) than my jss should be 90. Upwork is very unfair with this, I single client ruined my profile 

There is no way for you to know who gave you what private score.

Yes, you can tell if you have only one job recently finished and the score dropped.

88% is not a ruined score. I understand you are upset, but you need to see if there was anything you could have done to make the situation better with the angry client. Learn from the experience.

You can recover from the score and be back to top rated; plenty of people have recovered from worse. I see people with terrible JSS getting hired, albeit for dirt cheap jobs.

Upwork had nothing to do with your angry client. You do not know if it was one client or more than one. You don't know anything about the private feedback; none of us know anything about the private feedback, except that it heavily impacts the JSS.

The JSS system is not perfect. However, there has to some way to separate freelancers. The private feedback is the only metric that can't be easily manipulated. Freelancing means you are on your own. You can't expect Upwork or any platform to argue with the client's opinion.

Take this as a lesson learned, and see if you can prevent it. If not, then forget it. In either case, put it behind you and move on.

Do not have people contact Support when it's a simple matter to find the answer.

The answer is only Top Rated  freelancers can remove the public feedback.

xhoaibs
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I faced a strange situation on Upwork for the first time. I completed the client's work in three milestones, but at the end, the client gave me negative feedback even though more than 80% of the work was done, and they had released 50% of the payment. Now, the client keeps asking for a refund. Since I've already done most of the work, I don't think a refund is necessary. However, I'm worried about how this might affect my profile and Job Success Score (JSS). If I refund the money, will it still affect my profile and JSS,  I need your experience have you faced this situation? and how you resolve this issue. Can you also confirm if refunding the money will not affect my JSS and profile?

Hi Muhammad,

I understand that you are concerned about the effects of a refund on your JSS. Please know that refunding doesn't directly affect your score. Job Success Scores reflect many factors, such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

I can see that you've also submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
520aa961
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

My JSS has not been updated for the last 4 weeks, even though I have completed several projects. My stats show a recent date under JSS, but it hasn't been updated. 17th March my JSS updated to 88% and still 88%

bilalbutt003
Community Member

Hi. i i had received 2 orders with 5 star rating more than 2 weeks ago still my JSS score didn't improved. Can you please let me know how JSS score actually improved. ?

And what is requirements of Top rated badge?

Thanks

f56baecb
Community Member

my job sucess score right now 88%, so i will comeplte a very big project on 9th apr alsmot 2K$ in 3 month long trum contract, now i am hopeing thing big long project can help to incress my score so i up 90% and then i am eliable for top rated, but still i am waiting 14th day my job will end 9th apr still job sucess score are not improved , whats the issue can you please tell me ? why it's not improved

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members