🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » payment declined error
Page options
Samiullah S Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Adnan Husain,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Abdul S Community Member

I was trying to buy freelance plus package but my payment was declined. there is no way to contact upwork support. I wasted so much time trying to find it. there are only useless bots. can anyone help? The card is VISA card the card has worked on upwork but only for validity after that the payment was declined which i'm 99.99% sure that it's something to do with upwork.

Hi Abdul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jared I Community Member

I was tying to buy connects with my mastercard with enough balance to buy, but it says "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.." Please fix thanks..

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Jared, 

I checked your account and it looks like your credit card has declined this transaction. You may want to check this directly with your issuing bank for more information on why this transaction was declined. 

In the meantime, you may want to add an alternative billing method in order to purchase connects for your account.

~ Avery
Harpal Singh S Community Member

hi,

i wanted to buy more bids, so i added my visa credit card.

But the payment is declined at upwork.

I dont know the reason.

Can i use someone else's card?

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Harpal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Muhammad A Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

why this error come in my screen when I purchase the connects can you please tell me how can I solve this?
Thanks!

Fahim Ul K Community Member

Which payment method you are trying to buy connect?

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your payment method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Samra T Community Member

Hi

I want to purchase connects but i don't have money in my Upwork account but have $28 in my Payoneer. I don't have a Payoneer card and i want to purchase connects so i can work on UPWORK. Kindly help. 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Samra, 

You may want to check out this help article for more information on what other billing methods are available on Upwork. The availability of these billing methods is based on a user's location. As such, not all billing methods are available to you. 

You may want to check which options are available to you by going to your Settings > Billing Methods. 

~ Avery
Samra T Community Member

There is only a credit and debit card option and i don't have both. so what else i can do as i don't have connects and can't apply to any job.

Hi Samra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Samra T Community Member

okay

Samra T Community Member

I am waiting for Upwork members will reach out to me via ticket and assist me further with purchasing connects.

Sadaf N Community Member

I have my balance in my Payoneer account but don't have any debit or Master card.
I want to buy connects using my Payoneer balance without my master and debit card.
I want to work.
Kindly help me in buying connects.
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Sadaf,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Purchasing Connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects please read this help article. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Sadaf N Community Member

I don't have a balance on Upwork, and I also don't have my Master card yet.
I want to buy connects using my account balance of Payoneer without Master card.
Kindly help me in buying connects.

Hi Sadaf,

~ Goran
Upwork
Kunaljit D Community Member

I've tried to purchase connects but not able to purchase it what is the reason behind this

Hi Kunaljit, 

~ Goran
Upwork
Fatma A Community Member

I have added PayPal method to buy connects and method added successfully but i also can't buy connects. What is the problem?

Hi Fatma,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members