🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Where i can get the promo code to buy con...
Page options
Samiullah S Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
Ayesha S Community Member

Hello,
My earnings recently went from pending to available. However when I go to settings tab, I dont see a 'membership and connects' tab. How should I buy connects?
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ayesha,

Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account this is because if your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ayesha S Community Member

Hi Joanne,
At present my earnings are sufficient to buy connects. Do I still have to add a billing method?
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ayesha,

Yes, you need to add a billing method. I encourage you to check the help article I shared for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ahsen S Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hey, I am unable to add billing method. The card works on other websites though

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ahsen,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Shahin S Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

can you help me???

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Shahin,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Genesis T Community Member

Hi, I want to buy connects using my paypal balance, but I keep getting a window from paypal asking me for a creditcard, I dont have a creditcard/bank account at the moment, I just want to use my paypal balance. I have already configured my paypal to use my balance for online transactions so it should work in buying connects, right? Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Genesis,

Please know that while a payment method needs to be linked, PayPal should charge your available balance by default before any other payment method. Feel free to reach out to PayPal customer service for more details. You can find advice on how to add your PayPal account as a billing method here.

~Andrea
Genesis T Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I only have this issue with upwork. In other sites, paypal lets me purchase without problems.

Sardar Ahmed Y Community Member

Hi Goran,

I am unable to input my Debit VIsa card to yhe billing method on Upwork. Can you please my request forward.

It say "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Best,

Sardar Ahmed Yar

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Sardar,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening. They should be able to help you out with that! In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Emmanuel O Community Member

Spoiler

Added my MasterCard to my billing method and it says charge failed

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the declined transaction. I see that your transaction was declined due to insufficient funds or over credit limit charge. Kindly contact your bank to confirm funds or limit on your card. You can also try again using a different card.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Ashish C Community Member

I am facing the same issue with two different cards
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

I checked and it looks like the charge is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening. They should be able to help you out with that! Regarding PayPal, I suggest retrying the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. In the meantime, you can check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Ashish C Community Member

You can see I have done transactions with two different Visa cards . My
first bank debit card was fine well later I used the new one it's giving
same error while on other platforms these working well.
I can understand if this issue persist with one debit card but if it
happens with two from two different banks then there is problem at your
platform. Please ask your technical team to resolve this
Shahinoor R Community Member

I have a Visa card but Unfortunatly I have no passport. How can i buy connect. Already my connect run out. please advise me.

thank you

Hi Shahinoor,

You can use your card to purchase Connects. Learn how here.

~Andrea
Sonia F Community Member

Hello I am unable to buy connects.I was able to do so until 3 days back.I have updated my browser as well, but always get stuck while on the OTP page.
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Sonia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Sonia F Community Member

Thank you for your email.
Muhammad Q Community Member

Hi, I hope this message finds you well.

I've tried many times but I'm unable to attach my payment method and that is a VISA debit card.

I get a message like this one: "we are unable to authorize your card. Please attach any other payment method or contact your issuing bank"

I have contacted my issuing bank and they said everything is normal at their end my card is activated for eCommerce use.

How I can resolve this issue? What could be the reason?
Ashraf K Community Member

Debit Cards fail most of the time on upwork. Please use a credit card and payment should go through! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members