🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Kartik,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
bushra_a
Community Member

Hi!

Can someone tell me if one MasterCard can be used to buy connects for two Upwork profiles? Is it allowed? Please let me know about it, its urgent.

Thank you.

Hi Bushra,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your response.  I have a billing method that is valid and authorized by Upwork.

The thing I want to know is if I can use this same billing method ( MasterCard) for two active Upwork accounts in order to purchase connects. Please let me know about it. Thank you.

Hi Bushra,

Please reach out to me via PM with more details about the accounts you're referring to. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

Would you please check your inbox?

Thank you.

Hi Bushra,

I`m sorry about the delay, I just followed up on your PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.

Dear friend,
Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable for international
payments.

dasi_graphic
Community Member

Hi there,
I hope you are doing well. I have a question in mind that needs to be cleared. My question is about the billing card. Me and one of my family members use Upwork as a freelancer. But we have only one MasterCard that can pay in USD. Would there have any issues if we both use the same MasterCard to pay our membership bill for the different freelancer account?

I would be very glad if someone gives the answer. Thanks. StaySafe.

Warm regards,
Md Shariful Islam

Hi Md Shariful,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3e062833
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Yasir,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

joanna_mariz
Community Member

Can i use my friend mastercard for my add billing? because all my cards was declined. i can't buy connects

Hi Joanna,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

57b1cd6e
Community Member

Hello there. I am new to upwork and need a help with buying connects. Actually, I trying to do it with my debit card but it's not working I don't know why. I hope someone from support team would be able to help me.  Cheers!

Hi Elyorjon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked but it seems that you didn't add any billing method for purchasing Connects. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

najamuddin11
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to purchase plus account and I am getting this error; "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I have contacted my card issuer there is no restriction on my card; I am entering correct data also I have sufficient balance in account and the name on my card and account are same.

Kindly help me fix this.

Thanks.

Hi Najam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading to our plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

I am not be able to buy connects although i have give my debit card details. When i was trying to add i was getting a problem click on add connects button. But there was buy connect button. Where can i get add connects buttons.

Hi Raveen,

Please go to Settings and select the Memberships & Connects tab. There you can click Add More Connects in order to purchase connects. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bhargavjanjrukia
Community Member

Hello Connection,

I am facing issue during purchae membership connect with ICICI credit. i am getting alert like please choose alternate payment option.

Can any one guide me for same?

Thanks,
Bhargav

Hi Bhargav, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the team. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Bhargav,

najamu
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to add my card in billing method and its showing me this error, 'We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.'

Kindly help me fix this I want to purchase plus account.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Najam,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

najamu
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to purchase plus account and its showing me this error ''Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.''

I contacted my issued bank there is no problem with my card.

Kindly, help me purchase it.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Najam, 

I can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. Kindly check this directly with your issuing bank for more information on why the transaction was declined. In the meantime, please add an alternative billing method to your account to be able to purchase Connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork

GoodDay, I guess you send the message to the wrong recipient. I am not
Najam. tnx
kiemanfuentes
Community Member

Good Day, I want to apply my PayPal account for buying connects and I do not have any credit card available. When I tried to choose Paypal as the method, it will ask me to provide credit card information. Thank Youpaypalreport.jpg 

Hi Kieman,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a credit card or a prepaid card. To learn more about accepted Billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank You for the quick response, I can access PayPal as the method for my billing but when I choose Paypal as the method for billing it will send me here, "see attached photo". I do not have any credit cards or prepaid cards. I only have a Paypal account with my savings on it. I really wanted to buy "connects" please help me. Thank You

Hi Kieman,

In order to be able to add a PayPal account as a billing method, you will need to have a verified PayPal account. Please refer to the guide I shared in my previous post about how to add a billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fe8f4dbb
Community Member

Hello there when i was adding my visa card it was showing an error which was "we are unable to authorize your card....." please help to reslove this issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members