🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » what up-work need to do to attract more clien...
Page options
itxaqil
Community Member

what up-work need to do to attract more clients in uk

To attract more clients to Upwork and make the platform more beneficial for freelancers in the UK, there are several strategies that can be implemented:

1. Implement targeted advertising campaigns to reach potential clients in the UK.
  2. Increase brand awareness through targeted PR and media outreach.
  3. Build partnerships with UK-based businesses and agencies to promote Upwork as a go-to platform for freelance talent.
  4. Create case studies and success stories featuring UK-based freelancers and their clients to demonstrate the value of the platform.
  5. Offer special promotions or discounts to new clients to incentivize them to try Upwork.
  6. Build a strong community of freelancers and clients through networking events and online forums to encourage collaboration and referrals.
  7. Develop industry-specific solutions to cater to the unique needs of UK businesses.
  8. Conduct market research to understand the needs and preferences of UK clients and tailor marketing efforts accordingly.
  9. Offer exceptional customer support to build trust and loyalty among clients.
  10. Create a user-friendly platform that is easy to navigate and use for clients and freelancers alike.
  11. Offer a wide range of payment options to cater to the preferences of UK clients.
  12. Provide transparent pricing and fee structures to avoid any confusion or miscommunication.
  13. Develop a comprehensive screening and vetting process for freelancers to ensure quality and reliability.
  14. Create a system for verifying the identity and credentials of freelancers to give clients peace of mind.
  15. Offer comprehensive project management tools to help clients manage their projects more efficiently.
  16. Provide access to a diverse pool of freelancers with a wide range of skills and expertise.
  17. Develop a rating and review system to help clients make informed decisions when choosing a freelancer.
  18. Offer educational resources and training opportunities to help clients and freelancers improve their skills and knowledge.
  19. Continuously update and improve the platform based on feedback from clients and freelancers.
  20. Foster a culture of innovation and creativity to attract forward-thinking clients and freelancers who are looking for cutting-edge solutions.

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

Upwork recently revealed a conscious change in its formerly very successful means of drawing clients to the site. They have shifted their targeting toward a client base that will be great for some "freelancers" and render it completely useless for many of us.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I don't think they're interested in attracting more clients in the UK. Upwork's nearest competitor had huge ads plastered all over the London Underground the last time I was in town, but I haven't seen any Upwork ads for at least a year. Also, the number of jobs in Upwork's UK-only marketplace has declined; there used to be several good posts each day in my feed, now I'm lucky to find one a week. I think that they're concentrating on the U.S. marketplace and we'll need to look elsewhere for freelance work.

But they need to add more marketing UK as It has got more potential and market space is very good now lets hope to see wether they will try it or not

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members