🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can someone check my profile please
Page options
622688e4
Community Member

Can someone check my profile please

Hi 

Hi 

I joined about 4 weeks ago. I've done the getting started webinar (last week) so i've changed my profile etc, but I'm still not getting any replies on my proposals.

At the moment I doubt I'll get any work unless I have worked!

Can you please check my profile and let me know if there's anything astray.

Someone elses eyes are needed here.

Can you let me know. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
andreag22
Community Member

Greg, I wish I had better news for you but the truth is you are trying to make it in a very overpopulated field in a time when a lot of new people are trying to make it as well.

Your profile looks good to me, maybe rewrite your overview to focus more on what you can do for the client instead of your studies or numbering your skills.

And add more skills on that section, you can have up to 10, and that matters when clients do searches.

Be more strategic about which jobs you apply to so you can get more out of your connects and idk be patient, getting that first job is the tricky part, it gets easier later.

Thank you. I will look at it again.
Once I have earnings and jobs it’ll be different. Just so difficult to land that first one!
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Don't start all your specialized profiles with the same paragraph, rather tell the client how you will solve his problem and why he should hire you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths