🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need More Jobs
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,683 REPLIES 1,683

Md. Shariar,

Clients receive dozens and sometimes hundreds of proposals, and there are several reasons why they might not respond to your proposals.

I looked through your profile and I do not see any huge problems. The suggestions I have for your profile:

Overview/Summary: Your summary has good content. I would revise the first two sentences by combining them to make it simpler:

I am a professional structural steel Detailing Engineer with 7 years of experience in designing and detailing structural steel using TEKLA and CAD.

Skills: Be sure to select more skill categories that are relevant to your work. We can add up to 15 skills and there may be more you can add. The biggest reason to update your skills categories is so clients can find you when they search for your specific skills, and so Upwork’s matching algorithms can better match you with relevant jobs.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions for each job in your employment history.

Clark S

Thank you for your response.I follow your suggestion you giving.If further need will post again 

Thank you.

zyrin
Community Member

Hi, can you help me with my profile? Here is the link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0114b5424a874d6cf9. It would such a great honor to have a feedback from you. Thank you.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Zyrin,

I looked through your profile and I have a few suggestions that might help improve it:

Title: Your title should be specific to a skill area or occupation. Based on the information you have, can we assume you will provide administrative or virtual assistance services on Upwork? If so, your title should be something like: Virtual Assistant or Administrative Assistant.

Overview/Summary: Your summary should be aligned with your title and build upon it. For example, clients want to know which administrative or clerical services you provide and how it helps them. Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

You could revise your summary to be more client-focused by making it more assertive, and telling clients what you can do, rather than focusing on your job experience. Something like this:

I'm a highly skilled Administrative Assistant with experience helping businesses improve operations and meet their aggressive deadlines with quality office administration and clerical support. I can help you with data entry, schedule/calendar management, organize various activities, develop presentations, track meeting minutes, compose letters for reputable customers/partners, and generate reports.

My abilities in time management, organization, goal-setting, multitasking, attention to detail, adaptability, and collaboration allow me to quickely and accurately provide administrative assistance services in accordance with your timelines.

I have held notable positions as an Administrative Assistant for a local government organization, and as a Statistical Researcher and Data Processor at the Philippine Statistical Authority. My experience allows me to remain well-organized, focused, and resourceful. This will prove beneficial in helping your business improve efficiency, streamline business processes, and increase productivity.

Regardless of the size of your company or your goals, my mission is to deliver the highest quality administrative support that allows your organization to meet your most important goals. Let's discuss your needs and how I can help.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions for each job in your employment history.

Once you make these updates, I think clients will have a better understanding of the services you offer and how you can help meet their needs or solve their problems.

490d4912
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, Have a look at my profile as I am new to Upwork and want to make sure I am readily optimizing my profile to successfully attain work.

-https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01bb45c010f2be792d

celgins
Community Member

Hello Nyair,

Welcome to Upwork.

You have good content in your profile. I want to go through a few sections that I think could be improved:

Hourly Rate: It might seem trivial, but an hourly rate with zero decimals is probably more identifiable to clients. I suggest you make your rate something like $30.00/hour.

Overview/Summary: Your summary has good information, but moves between different skill areas and it only focuses on you. You mention investments and blockchain tech, and then you talk about resume writing and business card design and book publishing. These are all unrelated and this will be confusing to clients because they will have no idea which services you provide. Upwork clients look for freelancers who provide a specific service or group of related services.

If you have different skill sets and want to offer them on Upwork, you should add one or two Specialized Profiles to focus on different services. For example, your main profile can focus on project management; one specialized profile can focus on HR; and another specialized profile can focus on financial services.

Once you revise your summary to focus on a specfiic skill area and its services, then create specialized profiles to focus on other, unrelated skills and services, I think clients will have a better understanding of the services you offer and how you can help meet their needs or solve their problems.

muzair92
Community Member

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01100e56aed91d78aa

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

nikhilkumar_95
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, I used to get invites but now I'm hardly getting any invites. Please take a look at my profile. Your feedback will be highly appreciated: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0114aa10010a577299

Hi Nikhil,

The decline in invitations is probably not related to your profile. Many freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus—are finding it difficult to get profile views and responses to their proposals these days. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters.

Your profile summary is a bit long, but I don't see that causing too many problems. Overall, your profile looks fine and I see no issues or problems that will prevent clients from hiring you.

699c243f
Community Member

Hello guys i am in search of more jobs. Kindly  check my profile and tell me if my profile is okay to land jobs Thanks. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d4fd61af92f8a4ad

celgins
Community Member

Olumide,

Your profile has good content, but your overview/summary is quite long and most clients will never read it all, so make sure your most important information is near the top.

Also, add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history.

The other areas of your profile look good. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

699c243f
Community Member

Ok Clark Thanks

9500830b
Community Member

Please review my profile to get into moderate freelancers community and helping me to growing up. waiting for your kind suggestions.

celgins
Community Member

Muhammad,

You have a lot more work to do to get your profile in better shape. Upwork profiles work best when they are focused on a specific skill area or occupation. Since front-end development and data entry are unrelated, you should change your title to focus on only one of them. Then, your overview/summary should build on your title.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focuses on different services. Your main profile can focus on front-end development; once specialized profile can focus on data entry; and another specialized profile can focus on content writing. Either way, your title, summary, and skills should be in sync and relevant to each other.

Once you make these updates, I think clients will have a better understanding of the services you offer and how you can help meet their needs or solve their problems.

b05dde24
Community Member

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile. Previously I was advised that I need to change my profile photo. Please tell me is it good now?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01132610c67904bcd2 

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

Hello, Muhammad A.
I clicked on the link, but I can't view your profile as it is set to private profile.

That, for sure, should be the first step for you to be found by potential customers.

247e42b7
Community Member

Hello .  I would love to get some feedback on my profile please.  Any and all help would be appreciated.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Gretchen,

Your profile overview/summary is short and to the point. Normally, this is okay, but prospective clients on Upwork will expect more information. If you have provided profesional voice overs for businesses or done commercials, you should definitely mention those.

I think your summary can be improved by adding a little more depth to your existing content. Maybe something like this:

Highly talented and in-demand Voiceover Artist specializing in IVR/voicemail messages, narration, explainer videos, and more. I can perform voiceovers for commercials, YourTube explainer videos, phone messaging systems, animation, and video sales letters using an American female tone.

My clients come to me when they need a calming, professional voice with warmth and compassion, while remaining conversational and engaging. I am clear and articulate in my delivery and my wide range of voice over experience ensures I can provide a high-quality voice over for your projects.

If you want the very best American female voice over or video spokeswoman to bring your project to life, reach out to me. Let's discuss to see how I can help.

Also, one of the most important things you should add to your profile is your actual voice! Every voice over artist on Upwork I've seen has a short video introduction or portfolio with multiple samples of their voices. Clients want to get an idea of your speech sound, tone, etc., and with voice over, it's easy. You simply have to create a short video of you reading--well--anything!

Once you make these updates, I think clients will have a better view of the services you offer and how you can help meet their needs.

Good luck!

191a2fc5
Community Member

I am very new to this, please provide honest feedback.  Thank you. 

Jeanette B
celgins
Community Member

Hi Jeanette,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

Thanks.

51e4404b
Community Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to Upwork and failing to land clients. Can you please have a look at my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01654e1365f3bbeec3?viewMode=1

celgins
Community Member

Hi Zainab,

Landing clients can be difficult, especially for new freelancers, and it has become more competitive over the last few years.

I looked through your profile and everything looks good. Your title, summary, skills and portfolio are in sync. The other areas of your profile look good. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Keep applying to jobs by writing great cover letters; hopefully, you will win some soon.

8c0b45aa
Community Member

Hello. Can you please review my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0164ce12a97b571588  

celgins
Community Member

Hello Sonia,

I think your profile looks fine, but I would make a few changes to your overview/summary. I suggest removing the first sentence: "My name is Sonia and I am here to write EXCELLENT RESEARCH PAPERS for you.Why? Because the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. You have a very small window of opportunity to grab their attention, so you should start with the customer quote.

Also, be sure to add more relevant skill categories to your skills list. I think Acadmic Writing, Essay Writing, and Article Writing are good fits for your skills list.

The other areas of your profile look good.

723f878f
Community Member

Hello Andrea and Upwork team,

I am new to Freelance work. I am not sure my profile will attract any lucrative jobs. Can anyone give me feedback on what it should look like for this type of work?

Also, I set my hourly rate at $20/hr, as that is what my current wage is at. Is that too high. or too low?

Thanks, and I look forward to exploring all that Upwork has to offer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths