🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

587 REPLIES 587
9998d959
Community Member

I've successfully set up my new Upwork account and filled in all the necessary details. I'm wondering if I can start using my account to secure projects. Since I'm a newcomer to this platform, I'm currently facing some challenges.

Hi Muhammad,

If you are able to submit proposals, your profile has been approved.  You may not be verified yet, but that will come in the near future.  Make sure you visit the academy and complete the learning paths.

Good luck!

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
150b45aa
Community Member

Hi Rahiyan,

I've checked and can confirm that your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Since you're fairly new to the platform, I think starting with the basics is best. Below, you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
74dafbe4
Community Member

I also want to know the same.

4c6099af
Community Member

Hey!

I am Sonali Pal I have updated all the information in my account But my account is not approved yet.

There is no submit button showing on my PC and I can't even do visual verification.

Why is it taking so long to approve.

Hi Sonali,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked and can confirm that your account has already been accepted and you may start submitting proposals now. 

If you are referring to the ID Verification process, it looks like it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

~ AJ
Upwork
8615c808
Community Member

Hello,

I completed my identity verification a few months ago. Could someone please check the status of my ID verification? I haven't received any emails after I uploaded my ID. Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and it looks like you're referring to the registration process. I can confirm that your account has already been accepted. An indicator of this is your ability to send proposals now. You may start submitting proposals to job posts that best suit your expertise and experience!

Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork
PradeepH

Hi Mst Abiron,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs. 

I hope this helps, and good luck! 

- Pradeep

Upwork
dd99893f
Community Member

Could you please activate my account?

Sincerely,

Gabe Prus

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I checked and confirmed that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

You can now start utilizing the platform and submit proposals to potential clients. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
70f34c0b
Community Member

I created my account yesterday. But I didn't get any mail about my account status. Also, I don't know if it's approved or not. So please review my profile and tell me if you need any additional information. thank you.

Hi Surjo Bratha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Arjay
Upwork
exorblack
Community Member

when i submit my profile it says : Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support. Include a screenshot of this entire page so we can troubleshoot this issue faster. 

It seems like a technical glitch!  
I am sure, you have contacted Support and they will solve it faster. 

Best wishes.

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry you're having trouble submitting your profile. I see that you've submitted it, and it's now accepted. Let's get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey. 
~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

May I know whether my proposal is accepted or not. What if the proposal is accepted, where do you start working on the assignment? sorry I'm a beginner

9434192d
Community Member

I uploaded the PDF from Linkedin - the page opened on upwork listing my experience - however 1 description box says that the information is only 1/5 complete - it ask to edit - but when I press the edit button or the delete button , neither of them work - so I cannot go forward with the profile creation as it just repeats the message that the information is only 1/5 complete.

Hi Marina,

I looked closer and confirmed that you've successfully created your profile. Welcome to Upwork! It's also been accepted, so you can now use it to send proposals to potential clients. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
d6464441
Community Member

hello 

i recently created my account on upwork.

But i have not got the email of my account approval. can you please help me to just let me know that my upwork account is approved or not . and im also able to send the proposal to cleints but im not sure that my account is approved.

Approved. You will be asked for additional verification later. You are good for now, feel free to apply jobs.

Hi, 

i recently created my account on upwork. How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hi.

It works already. You can start.

Great! But I don't have any connect in my balance, that's normal? How i get connects? It's my first time in Upwork

200c9077_0-1705709222786.png

You can buy it for money (fast way) or wait for free connects assigned.

200c9077_0-1705710877647.png

So, according to this text I will receive those connects 48 hours after the creation of my account?

cde3fb6c
Community Member

Hello everybody,

Good evening.

I have read somwhere that my profile needs to be approved. I believe approval is what will open up work for me. Someone please approve or get back to me pronto on what more I need to do to get the approval.

Hi Paul,

Your profile has already been approved. As you're fairly new to Upwork, I'd recommend that you visit the Upwork Academy page so you can get familiar with how everything works. Here are a few courses to help you get started:

You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
93c12ba0
Community Member

Hello Support Team,

Hope you are well!

How can I know if my profile has been accepted?

Regards

Tanzina

It is accepted. Feel free to start.

93c12ba0
Community Member

Thank you..

a466d383
Community Member

Yedilzemen,

While you wait, click the above Academy link to learn how to use the site for success.

Hi Yedilzemen,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

It's new account and I have 0 connects I heard you will get 40 free connects if you are beginner and I have 0 why?

Yedilzemen, the free Connects on registration is credited to your Upwork account within 48 hours. Feel free to message us if you do not receive them after 48 hours. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
6ac67994
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork over 2 days ago, maybe 3 or 4, and have been waiting for an email letting me know of my profile status.

However, I notice that I didn't even get a confirmation email that my profile had been submitted. I have  received one or two other emails about password changes so it's not radio silence, but I get the impression something's not right. How can I check on my account status? I can't bid on jobs without buying connects. 

Thanks

I'm also going through the same issue. My account is relatively new and I'm yet to get any connects assigned to me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths