🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I request feedback removal?
Page options
485003da
Community Member

How do I request feedback removal?

Hi fellow Upworkers!

I had an early job with a client who has left no feedback, (I messed up the closing of the job as I was still learning the system). I am worried this will reflect badly on my JSS score when I get it. I have been looking for how to deal with it and found this:

"You can also request removal of feedback for one Project Catalog contract, per month."

In the JSS section but I can't find how to request feedback removal, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for any help in advance 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can only remove feedback, you can't remove no feedback. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

In any case, you can only do that when you are top-rated.

Contracts with no feedback have no impact, except they don't look great on a profile and it will take longer to get a JSS.

Oh ok, I thought that no feedback was the same as zero stars and would have a really negative impact on my JSS.

I am trying to accomplish as good a profile as possible, with good feedback on all my jobs 🙂 I have 5-star ratings on my other work, this was just a quick job and the guy never gave me feedback. I didn't know how to approach and ask him for it. I am learning about it all as I go along.

It said under the JSS article you can apply to remove one per month so I was asking about it. 

Think I have a long journey ahead of me to get to top-rated status I am just starting out! 

Thanks for your answer 🙂

deardipu
Community Member

Jessamy M wrote:

Hi fellow Upworkers!

I had an early job with a client who has left no feedback, (I messed up the closing of the job as I was still learning the system). I am worried this will reflect badly on my JSS score when I get it. I have been looking for how to deal with it and found this:

"You can also request removal of feedback for one Project Catalog contract, per month."

In the JSS section but I can't find how to request feedback removal, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for any help in advance 🙂

Hi Jessamy,

Unfortunately, you are not capable of requesting to remove it. Because it only belongs to top rated freelancer under some conditions. Don't be panic, because no score does not mean bad. So still it is neither good nor bad. You just need to keep good working and let the client close the contract after successfully end a project instead of closing contract by yourself. By then, client will have to leave score and comment. 

Conditions:

- it is for top rated freelancers or higher badges ( top rated plus or expert).

- can ask only after 3 months from the last  requested. 

- must need to complete 10 jobs from the last requested. 

485003da
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, I must have misunderstood what it said on the JSS page. I am not sure why it says you can remove one feedback per month when only certain people can, and only once every 3 months, but ok. 

I have another question though, you mentioned that I shouldn't close contracts so the clients have to leave feedback. That makes sense but what about situations where the client doesn't get around to closing contracts? I have heard leaving an open contract where there is no activity can have a really bad impact on your score as well? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths