cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to verify phone number

Sydney M Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
891 of 1,367

I created the wrong type of account and then i deleted that account and created an account as a freelancer but I cannot complete my profile because it says my phone number is still in use on another account even though the original account is cancelled.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
892 of 1,367

That's because you are not allowed to create multiple accounts. You'll have to contact support to close the first one down.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
893 of 1,367

Hi Sydney, 

I have shared your concern, and your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can look into your account, and to check if it's possible to release your mobile number from your old account. I'll let you know!

ETA: Hi Sydney! It looks like you have been assisted directly through a support ticket. Let us know if our team can assist you further with anything!

-Avery
Untitled
Jeff B Member Since: Jul 28, 2019
894 of 1,367

I entered the wrong phone number during setup and cant change it to recieve the verification code.

895 of 1,367

Hi Jeff, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Nick B Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
896 of 1,367

Hello, Im trying to complete my profile and when I click continue it comes up with a "please verify phone number" screen. When I enter my phone number it says that it failed to verify. This is my current phone number and it will not let me continue. Please help.

897 of 1,367

Hi Nick, 

I just wanted to check if you've already tried basic troubleshooting steps - clearing your cache, and cookies, and using a different browser? Could you please try verifying your phone number again? Let us know if the issue persists. 

-Avery
Untitled
Xavier S Member Since: Oct 25, 2018
898 of 1,367

I tried that but it still refused to verify.Kindly assist

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
899 of 1,367

Hi Xavier,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further on how to verify your phone. Thank you.

Untitled
Pauline Grace M Member Since: Jul 22, 2018
900 of 1,367

Hello! I would like to setup my security phone number, but it stated that I exceeded the number of send attempts for that particular number. Would there be a way to reset this? Thank you very much!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS