🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My job success score dropped due to unrespons...
Page options
ahmad_shah97
Community Member

My job success score dropped due to unresponsive client

Hello!
       I accepted an offer a few weeks back and worked just one hour on it after which he paused the contract and did not reply to me. I left him a few messages but got no response. A few days back, he closed the contract without saying anything and now my job success score fell from 100% to 97% because of his unresponsiveness. I don't think this is fair. Also, Any suggestions on how to improve it back to 100% would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ahmad S wrote:

A few days back, he closed the contract without saying anything and now my job success score fell from 100% to 97% because of his unresponsiveness.

No, the "unresponsiveness" can't have anything to do with it because that does not affect the JSS. The client must have left less than great private feedback when he closed the contract.

Ahmad S wrote:

Any suggestions on how to improve it back to 100% would be much appreciated.

It won't go back to 100% until the poor outcome falls out of your calculation window. That's how percentages work.

Isn't it unfair that the client did not respond to my messages, did not share any problems he had, and vanished suddenly to close the contract and give poor feedback for no reason at all.

Ahmad S wrote:

Isn't it unfair that the client did not respond to my messages, did not share any problems he had, and vanished suddenly to close the contract and give poor feedback for no reason at all.

Also very interested in answer.

I understand that private feedback system protects the clients but why literaly client can do whatever he want (with no need of any real evidence) and thus can seriourly affect freelancer's career, who has no chance to call for justice. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths