🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Skills
Page options
harrisvelma
Community Member

Skills

I can not get a list of skillsto input my skill set to register.  What do I do, since I can't move forward without them?

10 REPLIES 10
cjenn222
Community Member

I'm having the same problem

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Velma and Chris,

Please try typing your skills in the skills directly into the box, the drop down list should appear after you begin typing in that field. If you are still not able to add your skills, please reach back out with the specific error that you are seeing so that we can further assist, thank you!

~Nina

Hi!  Hope everyone is having a nice day.  I am trying to complete my Upwork profile, but right now the list of skills is not coming up when I am trying to enter my skills on the first page.  Because of this, I am not able enter any skills, or to proceed with the rest of my profile.  Is anyone else having this problem?  How would I contact the Help Center and let them know about this issue?  Thank you for your help.

kseneca12
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I have been going in circles clicking through the help menus trying to find a way to contact someone about this issue.

Hi Jenn & Kathleen,

Sorry that you are having trouble adding your skills to your profile.

Please select the main services you are offering to your clients, then try typing your skills in the skills directly into the skills box. The drop down list should appear after you begin typing in that field. If you are still unable to add your skills, please reach back out with the specific error that you are seeing so that we can further assist, thank you.

~Nina

There's still no drop down list and no error message. Once you start typing there's not a list to choose from. If you type something, such as data entry, & try to save, a red message appears saying you must select from the list.

Hello Velma,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies before adding your skills? Or tried a different browser? If you are still not able to add skills, please reply here. Thank you.

Untitled

The problem I was having is that the drop down list would not appear regardless of what skill I typed in.
I was using Internet Explorer at the time.
I switched over to Firefox and the drop down finally appeared.
There seems to be an issue with certain versions of IE.

Drop down list doesnt appear, I use InternetExplorer

Hi Mykola,

Please try using another browser to list your skills, if this does not solves the issue on your end let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths