🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » They ask me to pay taxes for the deposit/Me p...
Page options
a_lopez_solis
Community Member

They ask me to pay taxes for the deposit/Me piden pagar impuestos para el depósito

They ask me to pay taxes for the deposit to release them and they can make the transfer to me, they say they are refundable, is it true? Has it happened to anyone?

Me piden pagar impuestos para el depósito para liberarlos y puedan hacerme la transferencia , dicen que son refundibles, es cierto? a alguien le a pasado?

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Andres,

I checked the job you're referring to, and it has already been taken down as it was in violation of the Terms of Service

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. A client suggesting taking communication outside of Upwork before a contract begins is a typical red flag for possible scams.

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths