🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Time tracker and manual hours
Page options
mariannefrca
Community Member

Time tracker and manual hours

Hi There!

Today was my first contract on Upwork.

I had to proofread 30 short stories in French via Zoom. (Basically the client showed me his screen, I checked and he corrected the sentences)

It took me 1 h 56. I started my time tracker, but there were 3 problems.

The first one was that the hours were logged in another contract (for someone else)

The 2nd, the system didn't take a picture every 10 min, so on 2 hours, I only have 4 screenshots of my work.

The 3rd one, I tried to fix the situation by entering 2 hours manually (client offered it instead of 1 hours 56) but the system kept preventing me from doing it because of a time setting...I started at 2.46 pm (my time) but entered 2.50pm and it didn't allow me to save.

So, the client was nice enough to cancel the contract and redo one by milestones (2h x $18) and it seemed to be working.

For next time, how can I log my hours if I have all these problems? Any guidance is appreciated.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marianne,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble caused. Please check this help article for more more information on how to use the Desktop App and log your time with it. Also, you can read here on how to add the Manula time. Please note that Manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths