🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID Verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
f381fd36
Community Member

Im trying  to verify my ID because it wont let me  submit more for jobs and I havent received anything in my email saying that i need to verify my ID only the website is saying it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SERGIO,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wyattxb5
Community Member

A hold was put on my account after they asked me to upload my I.D.

I think I may have accedentally done this twice and set off some automatic security function. It was not intentional. How do I fix this?

Hi Chester,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
msearcy12
Community Member

What can I do about this? I haven't logged on in about a year but when I tried to submit a proposal this is the message I received. You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

What can I do about this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Markarious.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
swan-taylor
Community Member

I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. But when I go to verify my identity so that I can access all jobs, the contact customer support link doesn't work. 

Hi Taylor,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
maxxlive
Community Member

When I try to verify my ID i get this response 'The name on your ID doesn’t match the name on your Upwork account' and it literally matches. I dont understand why this is happening.

Hi Rondy,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
faripira
Community Member

Hello,

I just uploaded my photo ID to verify my account but I received this email: 

"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded."

It placed my account on hold with no instructions on how to resolve it. Can I know how I can verify my account and remove the hold please?

Thank you,

Farimah Pirahmadi

Hi Farimah,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with the process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9b2e1569
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with ID verification. It looks like some of you have had the same problem. I submitted two forms of ID, but neither of them were accepted. Now it says that I have reached the maximum number of times I can try to verify my ID, and I need to contact customer service... I don't understand, since my ID photos were taken properly and I tried both my license and my passport. I want to start working, so please help!

Thanks

Kaitlyn 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kaitlyn,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kinjalwrites
Community Member

I have tried to upload my ID in all the recommended formats, multiple times, to no avail. I have now been locked out of my account and am unable to post for any jobs. This is an official driver's license, so I am not sure why there is an issue. There is also no way to contact support, so it is quite difficult to quickly resolve this issue

Hi Kinjal, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. When the team reaches out to you, you should be able to access your ticket here or directly through your email inbox. 

~ Avery
Upwork
201eb576
Community Member

Why is my identity still not authorized? I spoke with Renee on a video chat this morning after submitting a photo of my license and was told it was authorized.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristin,

~ Bojan
Upwork
marium18
Community Member

Hi, i can't seem yo verify my account. I have US visa but I don't have a green card. I have tried uploading my passport, home country's driving license etc. Please help me resume my account.

Hi Marium,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in completing the location verification process via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
540ae695
Community Member

I'm having issues with Drivers Liscence Verification. I have renewed my liscence, however the california DMV has been closed with covid making everything online, I have not yet received and updated copy of my drivers liscence, but i have records, receipts from the DMV proving my dirvers liscence is valid not expired. Is there a place to submit these documents so i can start trying for jobs? (obviously i'm not going to be uploading these docs to this forum, but if there is a mod or someone i can send them too directly or privately i'm more than happy to do so.)

thank you

rod.

Hello Rondey, 
There is no way to send your docs personally. 
You can use your passport or Government Verified Photo ID instead of driving liscence. 
I think it would be great to use your passport for verifying on Upwork. 

Hi Rodney,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your location verification. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
katy009
Community Member

Need help verifyng my account. Says I have a hold. Uploaded my passport and I'm a US ciitizen.

Hi Katiuska,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kira722
Community Member

My account was suspended due to id verification and its on my id. How can I get verified without options presented to me. There's no options on my account now.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shaakira,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
78da2067
Community Member

I've have tried uploading my ID a bunch of times now it won't let me attempt to anymore also the computer keeps thinking my last name is my first name

Hi Collin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mam1053
Community Member

I'm having trouble verifying my identity. I used a simple picture of myself that followed all the necessary guidelines, but it still would not accept it, and now the maximum amount of times to verify has been reached. Can you please help!!??

Hi Mariah,

Someone from our team will reach out via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
philosophize
Community Member

My newly created account was put on hold due to unsuccessful verification.

Could a customer service agent please assist me?

Hi Akash,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you in completing the location verification process via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I tried uploading my ID as well and it didn't accept it. Now my account is on hold.

Hi Cristina,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
j_planter
Community Member

My account has been locked for ID verification. It stated that I had reached my limit of tries to upload. However I tried one time and it stated that It could not verify. Please help!

Hi Joron,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
pritchardtmhere
Community Member

I am unable to access the verication page. Ive tried multiple browsers.

Upwork Error 403 (N).PNG

Hi Pritchard,

~ Bojan
Upwork
ferasahmad
Community Member

Hello! 

I tried to upload a photo of my ID but it did not go through and now my account is locked, 

May I get help with that?

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths