🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to upload ID, account locked.
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Shaakira B Community Member

My account was suspended due to id verification and its on my id. How can I get verified without options presented to me. There's no options on my account now.
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Shaakira,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Collin C Community Member

I've have tried uploading my ID a bunch of times now it won't let me attempt to anymore also the computer keeps thinking my last name is my first name
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Collin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mariah M Community Member

I'm having trouble verifying my identity. I used a simple picture of myself that followed all the necessary guidelines, but it still would not accept it, and now the maximum amount of times to verify has been reached. Can you please help!!??

Hi Mariah,

Someone from our team will reach out via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Akash S Community Member

My newly created account was put on hold due to unsuccessful verification.

Could a customer service agent please assist me?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Akash,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you in completing the location verification process via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Cristina D Community Member

I tried uploading my ID as well and it didn't accept it. Now my account is on hold.

Hi Cristina,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Joron P Community Member

My account has been locked for ID verification. It stated that I had reached my limit of tries to upload. However I tried one time and it stated that It could not verify. Please help!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Joron,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Pritchard M Community Member

I am unable to access the verication page. Ive tried multiple browsers.

Upwork Error 403 (N).PNG

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Pritchard,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
feras a Community Member

Hello! 

I tried to upload a photo of my ID but it did not go through and now my account is locked, 

May I get help with that?

Thank you!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Feras.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Lotta C Community Member

Hi! I changed my last name recently and moved from Europe to US. Now Upwork is asking my ID because of name change and address change, it needs to be US passport, green card, state ID or drivers license. I don`t have any of those yet (green card is pending) I only have my US employment authorization. How I am supposed to verify myself? When the system doesn`t approve my ID. I would like to speak straight to somebody, but can`t find email or support anywhere. Thanks if anybody can help.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Lotta,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Seth F Community Member

I rarely come on UpWork anymore because many of the gigs don't apply to me usually - different skills than what I have usually but when I do find a gig that matches I expect to be able to submit a proposal.  I figure it will probably take less time to get approved for one of these gigs and start working on the work than to go with the process of multiple interviews, tech assessments, etc. that one has to normally endure for even a contract role these days.  

I tried to submit a proposal and I get a message saying I've exhausted my attempts to submit my ID - I don't recall EVER submitting my ID - I've never been asked to my knowledge.  So what do I have to do to get this approval so I can submit proposals.

I dealt w/ the bank account verification that never works - I never get the transactions in my bank's transaction record so I can never get verified that way to do US only gigs but that's ok - I'm fine working for entities around the world.  But now this ID verification???

I shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get a bleeding job - I could get a job at a supermarket with a lot less of a headache or hemmoraging involved.

Hi Seth,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your verification process.  One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Raymond G Community Member

Not sure why, but my ID verification keeps failing. I would love to work on UpWork but it just seems as though I can't get through this. I tried searching it up, and found a link to a "video verification" site, but whenever I clicked on it it'll take me straight to UpWork's Help page. I literally cannot click on anything because it will automatically just send me back to UpWork's Help page, every single time. 

Hi Raymond,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Calvin C Community Member

It's not verifying my drivers license. Where do I get help? Terrible customer support to start out.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Calvin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Zain N Community Member

I've tried only 1 time to upload my driving license but the error shows me that you have tried too many times to upload your DL that's why we hold your i'd 😞

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths