🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
thegreenursine
Community Member

Hello there, I am new to the community and I seem to have gotten into a minor complication.

I seem to be not able to upload a proposal anymore and that my ID Verification is now locked.  I was told by the system to contact support but that itself doesn't seem to offer any solutions. I'd be very thankful if someone can offer a solution to this problem.

Im having the same problem

Hi Nathaniel and Mohammadmedhi,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

When shall this occur and how shall it be done?

Hi Nathaniel,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response, if you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
christianlacey
Community Member

I have uploaded my ID, but the verification won't work. The error message says that the name on my ID is different from my Upwork profile, but it is not.

Hi Christian,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
phospherus
Community Member

I was uploaded my ID both USA visa and Drive License, but there are some promblem here. It is shows that" You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Please give me some advise. Thank you

Hi Zijing,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I just got the same message. Can I have some help please?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iftimie,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
camiejelinek
Community Member

I have verified my identity on a facetime call and my public profile shows my ID has been verified, however, I can not submit a purposal as the button is grayed out and the top of my screen says there has been too many attempts to upload my id. Pleae help I need to submit purposals please. thx 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Camie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tangeniturner
Community Member

Hello,

im not able to accept jobs as I tried to verify my I'd by accident to many time by pressing the button. Help

I have verified my Id too many times. Can I get help 

Hi Tangeni,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
tangeniturner
Community Member

Hi I’m new to Upwork. I placed a wrong address on my profile how can I change it? 

connorraye
Community Member

I am trying to set up my profile in order to start freelancing, but I cannot seem to fix this issue.

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I have tried to find a live chat service or email to send a ticket to, but all to no avail. I doubt this is the place for this sort of thing, but I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Connor,

~ Joanne
Upwork
glopezjr
Community Member

I was directed here by the Data help window how does one progress past the max failed attempts of uploading my ID thank you for the help.

Hi Gary,

~ Joanne
Upwork
ifever
Community Member

Please help, I am having the same issue it says I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

ifever
Community Member

Please help, I am having the same issue it says I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

Hi Ever,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with the verification. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cahnerolson
Community Member

I uploaded a picture of my ID but it said it was not verified and that I have exceeded the number of tries to upload it (I only uploaded it once though). How can I get my ID verified so I can start submitting proposals? 

Hi Cahner,

~ Joanne
Upwork
narmmy
Community Member

Hi there, My ID verification was unsuccesful due to few failure tries. now i couldn't upload my picture at all. Its advised me to contact Support but couldnt find a way to contact the customer support. what should i do?

Hi Narmatha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kpanos55
Community Member

Hello, 

I live in the USA and am on a work visa. I tried to upload this as my ID but it was not accepted. Could someone please assist me with this? Thanks 

Hi Kayla,

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrrillay
Community Member

Hello,

I am having trouble authenticating my ID.  I reached the maximum rejections.  Is there another option for this process?

Sincerely,

Damon

Hi  Damon,

I feel bad to see this but don't worry you will be reached out through the MODS. They'll help you fix out your problem.

Hello,

I am having trouble authenticating my ID.  I reached the maximum rejections.  Is there another option for this process?

Sincerely,

Fazlay

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fazlay,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Damon, 

Awais is correct, you came to the right place! One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
phin0915
Community Member

Hi,

I reached the maximum attempts to verify my ID and wanted help with the next step. Can a community mod please do this for me.

Sincerely,

Phineas

Hi Phineas,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
cmu_hala
Community Member

Hello, 

I've recently changed my name to reflect the correct spelling of my legal name, however, whenever I try to Verify Identity, it says it mismatches! is there anyone who can help with this matter? I've been trying for two days and I've been selected for a job which I can't apply for because of this mismatch!!

Hi Haluh,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bhank
Community Member

I am unable to load my ID to Upwork and received this error message upon logging in: 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 

To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Clicking the link brought be mere.

Please advise next steps

Thanks,

A.C.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths