🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I have uploaded my passport numerous times and the system fails to read the clear text from the picture. Where do I email these pics directly to upwork so that I can bypass this frustration by having an actual human being look at my identification?

Thanks!

Dave

Hi David, 

I've asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
l8lee
Community Member

hi, when I try to verify my ID it wouldn't except it. know I've run out of tries and haven't gotten any help with it from support. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lilli,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with the verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
l8lee
Community Member

Thank you

Hello, I’m excited to get started but after many attempts my license will not upload. Can someone help me so I can start working with Upwork?

Thank you
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi., so I am new and I was trying to upload a photo that met all the parameters for photo ID's so I could be verified but after doing so I was told I was locked out and the email I was sent gives no indication of when this will be lifted or who I should contact. Help? 

Hi Mitchell,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi there

I uploaded a copy of my state ID on Monday and it failed and I tried again today, and got the message that something was wrong.

I can verify this is me and I have the same information even though the ID exp 2016.

Hi Roberta,

Our agent will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm uploading a high qulity scan of my valid driver's license that is the recomended format and size/ why is it invalaid?? 

Hi Josiah, 

I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, 

I have an United States passport, which is an F1 student passport. However, the identity verification denied my passport. Is there any problem that I should know?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Trang,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and assist you with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm trying to verify my identity but the program cannot recognize my ID, and I can't find a way to contact support outside of this forum. I have a Pennsylvania driver's license which has multiple holographics on it and my name runs into one of the pictures. I'm afraid one or both of these things is preventing recognition. I've tried lighting the photo different ways to reduce glare and such but no luck. Has anyone else had or solved this problem? I'm mostly hoping to talk to someone at Upwork to bypass the automated system, since it cannot recognize my ID.

Thank you!

Hi Joseph, 

I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
r_yi
Community Member

I have to verify my ID in order to accept interviews. And I don’t have the documents the website asks to upload... so a webcam verification seems like my only option.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renee,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am running into the same issue.  Please help.  Thanks, Travis

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Whenever I try to upload my license to verify location, I get this error: "The name on your ID doesn’t match the name on your Upwork account.Go back and edit the name on your account so it matches your ID"

The name on my account matches, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Hi Bridget, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you in verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I’m trying to submit my initial identity verification, and it says it doesn’t match my name, when in fact it exactly matches my name. I’m not using my middle name in my account, and there’s not a place to type it, but otherwise my name matches. How do I get past this? I would like to have this verified so that I can continue.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katherine, 

I can see that the team has reached out to you through a support ticket. You may update the ticket thread if you are still having the same issue, and the team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I just moved to the US and while I'm waiting for my working permit I'm looking to do some freelance gigs. Unfortunatly I can't access the US freelance jobs as I don't have yet my driving licence. I have a US J2 visa but it's not accepted. Do you know how I can complete my ID check? Thanks a lot!

2lum
Community Member

I live in Oklahoma, USA and need to verify my location with my driver's license. Problem is I have a commercial driver's license rather than a normal license so your automated system is not recognizing it. I need an upwork agent to manually verify my license/location.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jordan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I just have an international passport but none of the ID's that upwork requests. How can I verify my ID?

I am not sure what is causing the issue but Upwork is not recognizing my driver's license. The state of Ohio recently changed the license design in July 2018 so it could be that. Or it could be because I am under 21 and thus have a sideways-printed license. Not sure what but Upwork cannot figure it out. I do not have a passport, green card, or state ID, so I don't know where to go from here.

Hi Peter, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm getting "we are unable to verify your ID" with an error 403. This is my ID, I am. a US resident.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vivek,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can this be helped? 

My account has been on Upwork for a while now, but now it's telling me for some days to verify, when it's been verified a long time ago. After finally getting the phone verification issue to work [which required me to change my number in the settings then the pop-up started to work] it then asked me to verify for ID, sometime I hadn't done in a long while. After doing what's asked there, the account now has been shadow banned to do proposals after showing my ID. I'm really trying to get this job recently posted, and now I'm being held back by this wierd situation.

Can someone from staff please help?!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marquis,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Iºm autorized to work in US. How to contact someone that can validate my ID?

Hi Silvia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and further advise you and assist with your verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. I need someone to verify my id. I have uploaded it but it seems it can't be recognized. Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you directly with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths