🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
lysis10
Community Member

prolly not gonna find a full time job on here

fopstudios
Community Member

I tried to verify identification but it didn't work when took photo of ID, so is there another way to verify so I can begin to submit proposals for jobs.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francis, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi mine is not working either

Hi Rachael,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adams20
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs ! 

I have tried to verify me ID many times but it dosen't work 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
glidden-liv
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I tried uploading an ID of my driver's license to verify my location and my account has been put on hold. I tried to directly contact customer support through the green link, but it keeps sending me to the community. Can someone please help me resolve this? Thank you!

Hi Liv,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
atlantixyl
Community Member

Hi This is my 4th attempt to getting my profile approved, and I keep getting the error message as follows:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

However, there is no button, link or direct support contact for me to click or call to resolve this issue.

Can anyone help me or others who are experiencing this issue, please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jade and Yinglong,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jadekane
Community Member

My ID verification failed and the error message I got told me to contact customer support, but according to the help bot I can't contact them directly, but have to post this here and wait for someone from upwork to help me so I'm just gonna leave this here k thx

cschneider87
Community Member

My ID was not approved, scan of Indiana State Drivers license. I need this reviewed and approved.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Chris.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cedricguerrerol
Community Member

Ive been trying to verify my ID. I uploaded a picture of it and was met with

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

when trying to submit proposal for a job.

Hi Cedric and Shane,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

where can i see this. i click on the link you sent me and i get a screen with empty requests.

shaneguy
Community Member

I tried to submit my ID and it didn't work, so I tried rotating it and uploading again and now it says I have uploaded too many times and can't upload anymore, so now I can't request jobs...

lynetteclark
Community Member

I set account in my ghost writers name, I tried to change to my legal name in case that was causing the issue, BUT I submitted my DRIVERS LICENSE and SS card for identity, I am a real person wanting to work! Why cant I get verified? Please help!! 

Hi Lynette,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok I am literally sitting here at home in front of my computer looking for answers so I can work! 

eugenedesign
Community Member

When I tried to submit a proposal, the button wasn't clickable and instead an error message popped up: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." Please help how to resolve this.

Hi Eugene,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

peachy_yazzy
Community Member

Same ! So annoying!

Hi Yasmine, 

I apologise for the incovenience. I checked your account, and it looks like you've already closed your account. Please let us know if our team can assist you further. 

Yasmine V wrote:

Same ! So annoying!

~ Avery
Upwork
anette-tiznado
Community Member

How can I verify my Identity if all my official documents such as ID, drivers license, passport are from Mexico but I´m currently living in the U.S with a J1 visa and that´s my only government-issued document?  the site is not allowing me to upload it. 

Hi Anette, 

Kindly confirm with the local authorities, or with a legal adviser if you can work on Upwork with a J1 VISA. Just the same, I have shared your account information with the team so that they can look into this and get in touch with you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you very much!!! I appreciate your help.
e-ric
Community Member

I don't have a scanner to scan my passport so my only option is to try to take a picture of it. But the light keeps reflecting on the shiny paper and I think that's the reason why the bot can't verify my ID and blocked me from submitting anymore images. My phone has a 12-megapixel camera so I don't think the quality is an issue. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric, 

I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
k_odinsonn
Community Member

I'm just trying to verify my ID. I've tried several times and keep getting denied each time. This is frustrating and not being able to talk to an acutally bloody goddamn person about it is even more frustrating.

Same.

The same thing is happening to me Smiley Frustrated and now I can't find a link to try again...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, Y, Geraldine, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ho_travis
Community Member

I tried uploading my id but the verification failed. It said that they've 'sent' an email with next steps, and still have not received it. Wondering why there is not an option to just re-upload your id if it failed the first time? Thanks.

Hi Travis,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eric-hubbard
Community Member

Hello,

As I am sure multiple other people have experienced, the ID verification of my passport could not be accepted. I do not know why, but it said a hold was placed on my account. I have been unable to find answers on the forums here. How can I proceed/expedite this process?

Thank you,

Eric 

Hi Eric,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lowe-olivia
Community Member

Upload drivers license. I tried several times but the system rejects it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths