🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Sahil,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am trying to get my identity verified but I dont have any of the IDs being asked for on the verification page, except for a passport but its expired so it was not accepted. I only have a U.S. military ID, which i tried to submit but the page would not let me. I can't find a page or email to contact customer service. Could I please have some help getting my identity verified?

Hi Lia, 

It looks like you uploaded an ID that has an expiration date. Do you have any other ID that you can use to verify your location?

~ Avery
Upwork

I am a US citizen.

I've uploaded by US passport exactly the way it required me to, but it has claimed it wasn't able to validate.

Please help.

I also have a Connecticut Drivers Licence and a Social Security Card I can use.

-Uday

Hi Uday, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your location, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran!

Can you verify what you mean by "via ticket"?

-Uday

Hi Uday,

Ticket is a support ticket that our team will reach out to you to assist you further, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

US verification does not work, nor is there a prompt anywhere on the page asking for my identification. I have had six conversations with the "community bot" who tried to tell me that North Korea is a US state located between South Dakota and Canada. Please advise.

petra_r
Community Member

@Lance C wrote:

US verification does not work, nor is there a prompt anywhere on the page asking for my identification.

Are you in fact currently physically located  in the USA (rather than in China?)

If you are not in the USA, you need to set your profile to where you really are.

@Lance C wrote:

I have had six conversations with the "community bot" who tried to tell me that North Korea is a US state located between South Dakota and Canada. Please advise.

Is North Korea where you are?

lmcrayon
Community Member

I am in Los Angeles, California. I used to live in China.

-l

Hi Lance,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I see that you already corresponded with our customer support team. I'll follow up with the team that's handling your case and they'll get back to you directly on your ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

A hold has been placed on my account with no further instructions on lifting it after my ID verification could not be authenticated. Could somebody help me with this please?

Hi Robert,

I checked your account and can confirm that the hold on your account has already been lifted. The documents you submitted were already accepted. Please log in and check. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID.  What should I do now?

Hi Julia, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I live in the USA but I'm not american. I have a visa and a work authorization card (EAD) and I'm in the Green Card process (I should get it sometime in 2019). How can I verify my ID ? Thanks

Hi Sarah, 

You should be able to verify with an EAD, and a government issued ID by going to a job post with a U.S. location requirement and initiating the verification from there. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am trying to verify my ID and both my driver's license and my passport are not being accepted/processed. I just get this error: Your request could not be processed. Please contact support. I have tried multiple times and get the same error each time. There's not a direct support contact option for this so I'm not sure how to get it resolved outside of posting here for help!

Hi Tiffany, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with verifying your ID, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. Looking for a solution to an ongoing issue. For several days I have been unable to create an account as the phone verification step will not complete. I have gone to the settings and enable Phone Verification, but the button on the Create Profile page is not functional. Can anyone help? I cannot complete my profile setup otherwise. Thank you.

Hi Dyllon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Thanks so much. My concern was that the Upwork verification function was simply not working as I've tested my local system and all seems kosher. Let's see what we can figure out. Again, I appreciate it.

My verification continually failed even though I met all the required details.

Hi Tauren,

One of our team members will reach out via ticket and assist you with finishing your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm ready to start applying for jobs but can't because of this message. Problem is I only got one try before I got this message.

Hi Ezra, 

It looks like the team has reached out to you through your support ticket which you can also access here. You should be able to submit an ID by following the steps noted on the support ticket. If you come across any issues, you may update the same ticket thread, and the team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

When I upload my Connecticut ID, I am told that the name does not match my account. However, the names are indeed the same. How do I enlighten Upwork's bot to the reality of this situation?

Hi Kameron, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further in verifying your location.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Sara,

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having. I'd like to assist you with your concern. Can you please share more information so that I can assist you? If there are any private information involved, please send me a PM by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Jacqueline, 

One of our customer support team members will reach out to you via email to assist you further is uploading your driver's license. Please feel free to respond to the ticket if you have any questions so that the agent can assist you efficiently. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I originally had a client account under my author pen name **Edited for community guidelines**. Then I added a freelance account and while setting up I had to update the freelance account with my legal name. I uploaded my ID and that's when everything went to hell.

Then, the next day I got an email saying I was good to go. However, when I logged in and tried to bid for a job, the error came up: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload you ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs please contact customer support."

I click that link, and it goes to a automated responder that has not been able to tell me where to go, to upload my ID or how to fix the mess I made.

In advance, to whoever can help me - I'm sorry for all the confusion.

Briana **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Briana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

ive tried several times to make the id verification work. no luck.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bobby,

I checked your ticket and our team has provided appropriate guidelines for acceptable documents for your verification process. Please post your documents using the link provided in your ticket, which you can find here. Our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about on your verification process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I do not see the 'Identity verification' section to upload my DL. And it says that i cant submit a proposal because i have reached the maximum attempts of ID verification, whom should i contact for this

Hi Sanchita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with detailed instructions on how to verify your location, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i am unable to receive a confirmation through text message to set up an account with Upwork, i have requested a conformation be sent to my phone several times , If someone can help me that would be great.

Hi Danielle, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your phone verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It said I ran out of times to upload proof of identity because it would not read it. How do I get my ID to you so I can start bidding jobs?

Hi Gina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further on how to complete our short verification process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths