🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

i need help  for As a result, we have placed a hold on your account

Hi Welinston,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've tried to verify my identity automatically, using all the required documents I had, and all of them keep failing, despite meeting those requirements. Is there way for me to verify my ID manually?

Hi Jamie,

We'll have one of our team members reach out too you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Many people seem to have an issue with this. You think they would do something to fix it....

I have uploaded my green card to verify my ID and location but the system failed to do it and my account has been put on hold. Please help me get the hold removed from my account and help with a successful location verification.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

im new on here and i did my profile was trying  upload my id and it wont go threw i need some help because i want to workk from home

Hello, I have trouble with uploading my green card. I took a picture with my iphone. Can someone help me?

Hi. I had to upload ID this morning. I used a flash drive. It worked fine,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reka,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. Do you know when can someone call me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reka,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive a support ticket shortly. Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I uploaded my state ID but was notified that I was not verified to be in the U.S. (where I live and work). What can I do now to appeal?

Hi Christopher,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your location verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I do not have the opportunity to download the ID and additional files with the extension my ID.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aigul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

On your site, I do not have the opportunity to download the ID green card and additional files with the extension. My green card has expired but I have an extension on two separate sheets. My green card is valid because it has a separate extension on separate sheets. If this problem is not solved on your website, I will not be able to work with you in the future.

Hello! I've been trying to upload my ID to verify my identity, but I continually receive an error that the request could not be processed.

Is there a way around this to be able to upload my ID? Please let me know, thank you!

Best,

Andrew

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket with more details on how to finish your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can an upwork support agent please call me to verify it. Ihave tried several times but didnt recieve any message.

Hi Memoona,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone number, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am trying to verify my identity to submit a proposal. I am a new upwork  freelancer plus member. I keep getting a message stating that my id is not accepted. I'm understanding as to why because my ID is real and secured through the state of Nevada. 

Hi Steve,

One of our customer support team members will be reaching out to you via email to assist you directly. The email will be sent shortly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elle, 

Looks like the issue has already been resolved. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I tried to have my US driver's license authenticated via image upload and the process failed multiple times before a hold was placed on my account. Can someone help me with this? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am fairly new to Upwork and I was trying to connect to start my first job. Before doing so though, upwork needed me to upload a picture of my driver's license to very my ID. I uploaded a picture but the website was unabled to process my ID. Because of this, I got an email saying that my account was put on hold temporarily.

I would like to be able to verify my ID, remove my account from hold, and start working. Any assistance on how to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Daniel,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My ID has already been verified manually, but the site keeps saying I still need to verify it.

Hi Jamie,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your concern, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my account. I set up with my US address, but I'm currently in the Philippines and have a Philippines phone number and can't verify my account. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Your account address needs to reflect your current location, one of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I'd tried to upload my Drivers License several times and doesn't work.

There is nothing wrong with my ID. I would like to solve this problem

Hi Fenelon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m unable to have the system upload or approve my drivers license- which is a different old location and not my current address. What to do to verify my identity? Karen

Hi Karen,

I checked and it looks like you already have an open ticket for this concern. One of our customer support agents have already updated your ticket to assist you with uploading your drivers license. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I was trying to verify my identity with my drivers license, but it wouldn't verify it. I didn't realize that I forgot to change my address to the new one (located in a new state), and I am unsure if this may have been part of the problem. How can I rectify this problem to verify my location since I've used up my attempts?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amber,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not sure what is causing the issue but Upwork is not recognizing my driver's license. The state of Ohio recently changed the license design in July 2018 so it could be that. Or it could be because I am under 21 and thus have a sideways-printed license. Not sure what but Upwork cannot figure it out. I do not have a passport, green card, or state ID, so I don't know where to go from here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths