🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I was suspended as soon as I uploaded my id. Not sure why but I believe my company username and ID don't match. Couldn't update my name prior to uploading ID. Any solutions?

Hi Abraham,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further, feel free to post any additional question directly on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I keep receiving the error message above, but when i click on customer support it doesn't take me directly to a place where I can upload or get help, only to the community area.

I have submitted my ID photos to be verified twice now, and I have been rejected both times. Now there is a hold placed on my account, and every time I try to contact customer support it doesn't seem like my questions are actually getting through to anyone who can actually help. Please help me to sort this out.

Hi Eddie,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to assist you in uploading your ID. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am no able to find out the solution for this issue - "have reach my maximum number of attempts to upload my ID".

I am attempting to verify my account by providing a photo of my government issued ID, however, I've reached the maximum attempts. Can a mod reach out to me and assist? thank you.

Hi Amy and Ashwini,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly to assist in uploading your ID for verification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork folks,

I got an automated error that you could not verify my ID (standard US drivers license), and have been in an infinite loop trying to get this resolved. I cannot find any contact email to actually deal with this issue, and it seems others have the same concerns. 

All I need is someone to verify my driver's license. It's a bummer to be missing out on job proposals waiting for this to be verified and waiting for an answer in a forum.

Emily

Hi Emily, 

I'm sorry to learn that this has been such an inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

I need a video verification asap. Apparently I have maxed my ability to id verify as the system is unable to read my id uploads.

Hi Timothy, and Alexxis,

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and a member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Cannot get ahold of a support person, out of attempts to verify my ID. 

This article is about verification requests received that sends you to a form asking for your (1) Government-issued ID card or passport and (2) Residency verification document. Verification form only asking for your ID and not a residency document? That’s a different process with different ID requirements.

Location + Government ID Verification

Md Arafat

Hi! I uploaded my ID and it said it was denied and my account is on hold. I don’t understand the issue. Anyone know how to correct this?

Hi Alexandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
taprun
Community Member

Is there anything I can do to fix this error?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need to verify my ID in order to start making proposals, but I have tried multiple times with a few different photos of my ID and now it has locked me out. I can't seem to find a link to remedy this. What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stevie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I joined UpWork a few days ago and I have this message on my dashboard saying "You still need to verify your ID to access all jobs. Verify your ID now." Going to the ID verification section gives me an option to select which ID I want to use for verification, options being Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Green Card. The problem here is that I don't have any of those IDs listed as verification options. I'm not US citizen, which I've filled on my profile but my address is in US. So the verification section seems to require US document which I obviously don't have and won't accept my driving licence or my passport for ID.

So what to do? How will I get myself verified?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Anniina,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I reached the maximum attempts to verify my ID. I followed the instructions, but I may have been denied verification because my current address differs from that on my ID. How can I solve this issue and begin working?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Celeste,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having a similar issue. I reached the maximum attempts to verify my ID. I uploaded a picture of driver licence and it didn't go through every time. Please advise.

Hi Anas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan! I am still waiting for someone to reach out with a support ticket.

I appreciate your help!

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Anas.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi All,

I tried to upload my ID and apparently the system couldn't register it and now I'm blocked from bidding. I try contacting customer support but I'm being redirected to "community".  Can someone please reach out to so I can submit the picture of my ID.

Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem and was also redirected to the message board. Maybe they're having a tech issue?? This is pretty frustrating.

Yes, I'm having the same issue as well. Is the "Community" the only customer type of support?

Hi Sheila, Leslie and Kayla,

I've shared your accounts information with our team and our agent will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process'. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prevaly
Community Member

I still have not received an email or way to contact support. Can someone please help?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheila,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I uploaded a photo of my United States driver's license, but it was rejected. I took a new photo, with all the specs in mind, and it was still rejected. I'm now blocked from any more attempts. This is a Colorado ID, to be more specific. Any thoughts? 

Hi Julie,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm also having this problem with setting up my profile.  It keeps rejecting my ID that I uploaded.  Can someone from customer service please reach out to me? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jill,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

What more do I need to do to prove I am in the U.S.?

id-ok.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

It looks like you have already successfully verified your location. Please feel free to reach out if this isn't the case or you run into any other issues.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths