🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I have had the same thing happen to me yesterday. No one has reached out yet. How do I get someone to help me resolve this issue so I can submit to jobs?

Thanks,

Christine

Hi Christina,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your concern, thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have reached the max uploads for identity verification, but I think I have my ID in the right format now. What can I do? So far support hasn't been much of a help...

Hi Lexis,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my photo id when in fact there is nothing wrong with my ID. Can someone please assist me with this issue.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, T.

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have been instructed to contact support due to too many attempts to verify ID. Please help!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine, Alberto and Sean,

I've shared your account information with our support team and they will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks so much!

I cant upload my license because I recieved a too many attemps. I cant seem to figure out how to contact support to solve the issue. Can You help with that issue?

Hi Shaunna and George,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you

what ticket???

Hello all,

I've been trying to verify my ID and unfortunately I've reached the maximum attempts. I'm from the US but I'm in Vietnam the next few months. I've tried verifying my driver's license and my passport but they failed. Now I'm told to open a ticket but whenever I try, the only way to contact is via the community. I'd love to start working but I'm at a hardstop. Can somebody provide guidance?

Thank you!

Hi Edward,

One of our team members will reach out to assist you directly in verifying your ID. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Verify ID and location didn't take my drivers license or my US passport. They both keep getting rejected and now I am locked out and can't try again. Now I get this error

Hi Jaime, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Can someone help with this? 

Hi Gokhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly with your verification process. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Some time ago I've uploaded a picture of my state ID in order to confirm my identity but for some reason it didn't work out and now it's telling me that I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. Is there any way I can fix that somehow? The ID itself applies to all Upwork requirements.

Hi Egor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with finishing our short verification process, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thank you! 

I'm unable to verify my ID. I have followed all the guidelines.

1. All 4 corners.

2. Atleast 200 DPI

3. Front of the Passport

Help!

Hi Carolyn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your quick response. 

I'mnew to this site and I am still in the process of creating my profile. There is a part where it says to upload you identification. So I uploaded my ID. I was having trouble uploading since the size was not correct. how long do have to wait to retry and upload my ID? 

Hi Cher,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further on how to finish our verification process, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i am trying to find a way to upload my id but it says You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support. i am not able to contact customer support in no way

Hi Lucrecia,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank u

I recently reactivated my Upwork profile after a long absence. I was asked to veriify my identity but didn't read the instruction about not submitting cropped id documents so I submitted a cropped picture and was rejected. How can I submit another photo for verification? As a note, I also changed the email address on my profile so I didn't recieve any email about the failed attempt.

Hi Reginald,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lbeane
Community Member

I tried to submit my ID but the files kept getting rejected. Now I have an error message that says something like submission limit reached. How can I resubmit my ID?

ID card verification issue. I already uploaded my Driving license to confirm my identification but it was an error. Also, it saying that I already reached the limitation of uploading my ID card!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura and Babak,

I've shared your account information with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist further with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have tried to scan and upload my state ID and it says I exceeded my tries. I am anzious to get started on upwork and need help.I have included the file of my ID

Stephanie

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. I tried uploading the same form of ID, and then I tried another form. I also registered my account under my married name, but the ID I attempted to upload has my maiden name on it as I have no yet gotten a new ID with my new last name. Could anyone help me with ID verification please?

Hi Megan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am a non-immigrant tourist currently staying in USA. My visa status is due to change as a student. But both cases I dont have any US ID or driving license or state ID. In his scenario my ID verification is in jeopardy as none of the options match with my visa status. Please notify me what I need to do. I am a Bangladeshi citizen.

Regards.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths