🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » appen task
Page options
lizzybeck
Community Member

appen task

I have my first message from a gig but they asked me to download a app called appen task is this a normal thing? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sullivanliz
Community Member

It doesn't look like you've been hired, this is probably a scam attempt. Never work without a contract in place. You only have a contract when the client sends you an offer and you accept it. Without that, there is no contract. If in doubt, check your contract room.

To answer your actual question, it's not normal for a client to ask you to download Appen Task. Although I guess it's possible that it could be a legitimate ask, I would be very, very suspicious.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sullivanliz
Community Member

It doesn't look like you've been hired, this is probably a scam attempt. Never work without a contract in place. You only have a contract when the client sends you an offer and you accept it. Without that, there is no contract. If in doubt, check your contract room.

To answer your actual question, it's not normal for a client to ask you to download Appen Task. Although I guess it's possible that it could be a legitimate ask, I would be very, very suspicious.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths