🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Question on Powerpoint Automation - Powerpoi...
Page options
ae9df1e6
Community Member

Question on Powerpoint Automation - Powerpoint automation with XL data

Hi All, 

Had a question. I have a few fields defined in XL, and I will be getting the data. The fields are codified with specific types ( numeric / string ) etc with associated lengths as well. 

For example 

Name:                      String 100

DOB .             : Date   String 10

Address :                  String 100 

Skills :                      String  100

Interests :                 String  200

I will get many such data points for a class. I want to then import this to a ppt, in specific places  - have the template, but  it will have < Name >,       <DOB> ,  <Address> etc at certain places.

I want to have a program, that is non fragile that will generate the PPT, with the appropriate data pulled from the XL file.  How exactly to go about this. Is this VBA programming ? Is this a one time set up, and as long as the XL schema does not change, can we expect this to not be fragile. ?

Once this is of good quality and not fragile, would like to move on to getting this from a DB or a JSON feed ?

1. Is this possible in good quality ?

2. How much does it cost to do this PPT automation from XL fields ?

Note - I do see examples that import tables in to ppt , but this is different where specific fields will need to go in specific places by replacing the tags eg<NAME > .  <DOB > etc, that appaers in different places in the PPT.

3. Are there libraries that can actually map to DB tables, or JSON fields, or XL cells - (or) is this custom VBA code that has to be built. 

I expect to post a job and wanted some guidance on this soon.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sathya:

We all want you to be successful in your use of Upwork.

What you posted here would be perfect as a job posting.

You may post this at: http://www.upwork.com as a regular job posting.

There are many freelancers with PowerPoint expertise who could help you with this.

re: "I expect to post a job and wanted some guidance on this soon."

You get guidance by posting this as a job, asking for guidance.

Then, using that guidance, you post a second job for actually doing the work.